Chris Rado's AWD tC

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2008...hris-rado.aspx

More info on the AWD straight from Chris Rado:

Now on to the AWD tC! We have finally received the car back from the stripping company. It has been dipped in acid and completely striped down, so now we can start construction on it. We have speced-out our transmission, our drive-train, our wheel and tire package which are 18 by 13 inch carbon fiber magnesium Dymag wheels - which are being made in Europe for us and are really special, super lightweight wheels for racing.

Penske is making us a killer suspension combination for the front and rear of the car. It's going to have the same kind of shocks that you would see in a Formula One car. The front of the car is still going to retain a strut, however. Penske is building their Formula One shock technology into a strut package for the first time just for us, which is really exciting. The carbon fiber roof, doors, and the rest of the body components are being made for us as well. We are just getting everything ready so we can hand it off to our chassis builder and he can start hammering away - mounting the drive train, the engine package, and designing the suspension.

It's going to be a very exciting car we are looking to debut it in late May, 2009.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by op07tc
lol the kit would probably include a new motor, transmission, and all the other components and run right around 20g's for parts alone. just buy a subie lol. wonder what motor he'll use tho. rav4 or maybe v6 tacoma or maybe not even a toyota motor at all...?
They're using the 2azfe ;)

And if the FWD Time Attack tC kills subies all the time, you can imagine what an AWD tC will do. Subies (and EVO's for that matter) are like butt ugly experienced prostitutes. They cost less, and are probably a lot of fun, but I would pay more for something different.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

The new rado kit does 330hp on 8.5lbs.. I wonder if thats WHP? If it is, thats damn good.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

that'd be awesome to have awd tc......

did i read that right about the xb? 900 horsies?
Old 12-16-2008, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Tyler told me at Sema that this was going to run them about 100,000k to have this done to a tC.

I wish I could do this to mine but unless i win the lotto anytime soon I dont think it will happen
Old 12-16-2008, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja
http://speedhunters.com/archive/2008/12/15/drivers-blog-gt-gt-chris-rado.aspx

More info on the AWD straight from Chris Rado:

Now on to the AWD tC! We have finally received the car back from the stripping company. It has been dipped in acid and completely striped down, so now we can start construction on it. We have speced-out our transmission, our drive-train, our wheel and tire package which are 18 by 13 inch carbon fiber magnesium Dymag wheels - which are being made in Europe for us and are really special, super lightweight wheels for racing.

Penske is making us a killer suspension combination for the front and rear of the car. It's going to have the same kind of shocks that you would see in a Formula One car. The front of the car is still going to retain a strut, however. Penske is building their Formula One shock technology into a strut package for the first time just for us, which is really exciting. The carbon fiber roof, doors, and the rest of the body components are being made for us as well. We are just getting everything ready so we can hand it off to our chassis builder and he can start hammering away - mounting the drive train, the engine package, and designing the suspension.

It's going to be a very exciting car we are looking to debut it in late May, 2009.
This car is going to be awesome.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Yes they are going to run the 2AZFE.They found out how much power that it will take and decided to go with it instead of the currant power plant......very exciting.Talked with a friend who is in contact with them and they are very excited to start this this year.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

man this one will be fun to keep track of!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

interesting...
Old 12-22-2008, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

i hate finding these "build threads" when they just started

i prefer finding them a year later, when everything is done! LOL

now i have to wait like everyone else, dammit.............
Old 12-30-2008, 02:03 PM
SL Member

whats up guys!? glad you like the rendering of the awd car! it is going to be a crazy build and I will keep scionlife updated with the build. we are going to be using the 2az-fe. it is such a great platform through R&D with our FWD tC. It is such a great engine that we want use it in everything right now haha. It is light weight, makes great power, very reliable, seems be the new engine to modify out on the market. In the off season we are also revamping the fwd time attack tC for competition in 09. we are putting a sequential 5speed gearbox that will be paddle shifted on the steering wheel. Also be cutting out wheel wells for more tire clearance to sit the car on the ground and finally be working a little more with the aero package on the racecar. Anyways hit me up if you guys have any questions about anything with WORLD tcooley@world-racing.com
Old 12-30-2008, 05:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

So i just read that the toyota Caldina (sold in Japan) uses almost the same platform as the TC and its AWD. It got me thinking about this car and what is necessary to change it all over.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

awesome
Old 12-31-2008, 12:18 PM
SL Member

we actually are doing a fully custom drivetrain and transmission nothing from the caldina(japan)
Old 12-31-2008, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

unfortunately i just found this thread. this is an exciting build. reading about it makes me kind of giddy even though i'm never going to be anywhere near this car. it's going to be a beast.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:03 PM
Banned
SL Member

yay but boo because it just shows how no one wants a fwd car
Old 12-31-2008, 02:21 PM
SL Member

picture deleted
Old 12-31-2008, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ interesting and I'm sure functional, looks awkward on the rear though.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:37 PM
SL Member

do you think the wide tire looks a little awkward? it is just a photoshopped rendering so dimensions may not be exact on everything. I have to say it kind looks like a 20inch rim in the rear haha. anyways we turned the spy car into a replica car for a photo shoot. What do you guys think? the body on the racecar will have a lot more cut outs for air to escape and vent. The front nose will tons of aero effects to get the car glued to the track.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

wow talk about some deep dish wheels and wide tires

Quick Reply: Chris Rado's AWD tC