Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

ClubRSX dissin TC's

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

RSX is a hell yes for performance. As for comfort for me and my passangers, the tC is the way to go!
Old 12-23-2006, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Last year, I raced a type-S RSX and lossed. But not by alot. Ofcoarse, I have nothing done to my stock 2AZ-FE.

The race started out when I was cruisin' at 50mph. He pulls at my passenger side from behind me and cruises beside me. Then he lunges forward and back a couple of time to get my attention. I acknowledge and nodded my head. From 50mph, I dropped from 5th to 3rd to launch 1/2 car length ahead of him. When shifted to 4th going about 60-70, he was gradually creeping forward. By the time I shifted back to 5th going 80-90, we were neck on neck. Then he shifted to 6th and left me in the dust redlining in 5th. That sucks.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:51 AM
5 Year Member

i agree with evil_tt the tc way more comfortable and space. but for some reason the trunk area is bigger in a rsx
Old 12-24-2006, 07:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To be quite honest... It always depends on the driver... I have outruns on the freeway with G35's and they can't keep up.

I do love the 6-speed RSX Type S though...
Old 12-24-2006, 08:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontastic
Last year, I raced a type-S RSX and lossed. But not by alot. Ofcoarse, I have nothing done to my stock 2AZ-FE.

The race started out when I was cruisin' at 50mph. He pulls at my passenger side from behind me and cruises beside me. Then he lunges forward and back a couple of time to get my attention. I acknowledge and nodded my head. From 50mph, I dropped from 5th to 3rd to launch 1/2 car length ahead of him. When shifted to 4th going about 60-70, he was gradually creeping forward. By the time I shifted back to 5th going 80-90, we were neck on neck. Then he shifted to 6th and left me in the dust redlining in 5th. That sucks.
i really doubt he shifted to 6th, i can get to 100 at the end of 4th
you guys have to be going about 120 for him to shift to 6th
Old 12-24-2006, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

well anything is possible, he could just shift earlier than you keeping his revs down but obviously not reaching peak toque , just an example of how it really comes down to driver abilities and knowledge, yes a car can do it, but if you got a noob behind a ferrari and a race car driver in a vw bug, i can almost guarantee the race car driver will own the ferrari on a road course (maybe an exaggeration there, but you get the point)
Old 12-25-2006, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm a type-s owner.

At 80-90 he SHOULD have been in fourth and then shifted to 5th later.

1st = 40ish
2nd = just over 60
3rd = 85 ish
4th = 115ish
5th = 140ish
6th = 140ish unless you've got mods to provide enough power to go higher.

EDIT: Oh yeah, this is for the 02-04's that had a little taller gearing than the 05-06's. But still wouldn't have been going into sixth.

Anyway, I didn't read this thread much, but I read the one on clubrsx. LOL
I don't know why everyone is hating on everyone else's cars. Must be some inferiority complex.

I like the TC myself and all this talk about them driving stupid and RSX's driving stupid. To be truthful, I never have TC's try to mess with me. I never see them just being crackhead drivers, and same for RSX's. Not where I live. It's usually some asshat in some beat up riced out ghetto car. Like last night some stupid guy was thinking he wanted a piece with his unmodified Prizm. Some people just don't make any sense whatsoever.

Z
Old 12-25-2006, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Zander416
I'm a type-s owner.

I like the TC myself and all this talk about them driving stupid and RSX's driving stupid. To be truthful, I never have TC's try to mess with me. I never see them just being crackhead drivers, and same for RSX's. Not where I live. It's usually some asshat in some beat up riced out ghetto car. Like last night some stupid guy was thinking he wanted a piece with his unmodified Prizm. Some people just don't make any sense whatsoever.

Z
seriously, i dont care whose car is faster cause there's always gonna be someone out there that's faster, just take pride in what you do to your car, whether it's for performance or for style, don't hate on someone else cause you're faster, or you think you're faster, there are too many ppl on here with inflated egos. i've never personally went against any type-s, but know they have an advantage over a tC strictly from a performance stock aspect, but when it comes to driver anything can change... as a matter of fact there are some pretty hot RSXs in my area, and i don't hate on them thinking they are riced out or what not, and i wouldn't expect any less from a RSx driver looking at my car, since when did owning these cars become a competition, i'm with Z on this one, some ppl just don't make sense out there
Old 12-26-2006, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

v-tec= vigina-timing erection contoller lolz!!! but yea wat phoenix said it doesnt matter wat you have its the knowledge of your car and how much cash you rack out that you will know who is faster but stock for stock tc will lose to rsx type S but ,hey are car is more roomier and we have the glass roof bet you dont see and rsx with that and our interior is much nicer...to many hondas out their we need to drive something else to be unique
Old 12-26-2006, 03:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol,if you want to be unique then the tc is not it
sooo many here in area
its like the next civic
its understandable
nice looking, decent power at a great price
Old 12-26-2006, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

the rsx-s is very nice and quick car.. great lines and awsome performance.. lil exspencive in my opinion.. there are to many people out there with ricer complexes and thats all it is.... i hate how some peolpe say a car is a pos becouse they can beat it in a race... i'll admit the tc was def. rushed in production.. there are a few things that would make it a better performer, lsd stock (not as a trd option), 6spd. and tuned it a lil better or just took the motor from the tacoma more power and torque... I love my tc it's been great for me no problems looks pretty damn good, great standard epuipment and for a great price... be car enthusiest and tuners, love and respect wat others drive (there exceptions when every body knows it's rice, like wen people put on only a huge mufflers.. not an exhaust.. u guys know wat im talkin about) i loss respect for the ones that diss others cars like a couple of those guys did on clubrsx(i dont care if they see this they need to grow the f*ck up) thats just makin them F*CKIN RICERS and makes every car guy look bad
Old 12-26-2006, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member

Originally Posted by RSXaco
lol,if you want to be unique then the tc is not it
sooo many here in area
its like the next civic
its understandable
nice looking, decent power at a great price
i highly disagree.

The Tc is the way to go in terms of uniqueness. I owned a type S. pretty much every mod minus some toda cams, and yes it is out right fast and what not, but i recieved more compliments with my TC in the first month that i ever did with my Type S. And these are compliments from men and women alike. Granted all the guys my age all loved my type S but when talking to women about the car or older guys it was just another acura. Thats why i opted for the TC. Im tired of this rant about rsx vs tc. I love my TC. much slower than the type S. but im saving a load on my car insurance by switching to geico . Nah but seriously....type S's are only sexy to us gear heads....normal people could give two crapola's about them. >end rant. been wanting to say that for days now.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im with z and phoenix...just be proud of the time and money you put in your own ride and dont put other people down for what they drive or what they do to their car. thats why they made chocolate and vanilla people!
Old 12-26-2006, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member

LOL @ chocolate and vanilla people

i gotta say though. i think its dumb dumping 15 grand into a car thats not a sports car to begin with. but then again its not my money...so i just stay in the shadows and laugh out loud. if i wanted a 1/4 mile monster i would have just saved my money and got something that came faster...STOCK.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Papispico
i highly disagree.

The Tc is the way to go in terms of uniqueness. I owned a type S. pretty much every mod minus some toda cams, and yes it is out right fast and what not, but i recieved more compliments with my TC in the first month that i ever did with my Type S. And these are compliments from men and women alike. Granted all the guys my age all loved my type S but when talking to women about the car or older guys it was just another acura. Thats why i opted for the TC. Im tired of this rant about rsx vs tc. I love my TC. much slower than the type S. but im saving a load on my car insurance by switching to geico . Nah but seriously....type S's are only sexy to us gear heads....normal people could give two crapola's about them. >end rant. been wanting to say that for days now.
no no no
you misunderstand, don't get me wrong, i love the style of the tC
its just in my area the tC doesnt get the respect it deserves
its almost frowned upon here
only because its mostly about speed, and no tC here can show that (yet)
Old 12-27-2006, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i get so much crap for having a tc sometimes. its scary. other times, its nice to have one.

but it seems usually other sport compact owners talk so much trash. especially celica owners. the last gen.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In my area, it's all about speed, but a majority of people don't know a THING about cars. I mean that literally. The number one (type of) vehicle wanting to have a go around here? Trucks and SUV's. They just know 4 cyl. and 8.... 8 must be faster right? LOL

I honestly bought my car for two reasons:

I got a heck of a deal on it.

I genuinely LOVE the way it looks and drives. I have other vehicles so the RSX just gets taken out for pleasurable drives once in a while. I just really love it... no other way to put it.

I've never been in, or seen the inside of a TC. But with a good set of wheels and tires, a mild drop and some other classy mods I think the TC looks extra sharp! Very nice looking cars.

Z
Old 12-27-2006, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by hunterUnknown
but it seems usually other sport compact owners talk so much trash. especially celica owners. the last gen.
i was about to say, thats not true over here for the most part, cause me and a few other ppl on here before we got our tC's were part of celica clubs as well, and theres no hatred for it lol, then again im talking about the 6th gen celica, [second to last one, 1994-1999]... and we need to stop this toyota on toyota hate anyway, go back to hating the RSX's lol jk
Old 12-27-2006, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

i hate how all rsx-s owners pull up to me and smile with a lil laugh. Yeah their cars might be fast. but its all the driver. I raced a rsx-slike 2 weeks ago. had the same mods as my car and i blew it away. I dont mean to be a dick but i havent lost to a rsx-s yet and i dont intend too. Everyone talks down on our tCs but i like to prove them wrong. For a NA car, our cars are pretty quick. My first race was against a prelude and it was nicely moddified. ANd i just finished watchin tokyo in the movies they first day it came out and a prelude pulled up to me. I thought i was gonna lose. We took off at the light and right when thrid gear came i pulled on him. I only had a cold air intake and he asked me if i had the supercharger in and i said no. HE told me he liked me tC. BUt anyways I just dont like when everyone talks down on the tC. Just because its not turbo it sucks. IF all the turbo cars took out their turbos we would murder them. LIke the STI, EVO and the SRT-4. basicallly Impreza 2.5RS, Lancer ES, and Neon SE. We'd Murder them without their turbos
Old 12-27-2006, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlackdOut06tC
i hate how all rsx-s owners pull up to me and smile with a lil laugh. Yeah their cars might be fast. but its all the driver. I raced a rsx-slike 2 weeks ago. had the same mods as my car and i blew it away. I dont mean to be a dick but i havent lost to a rsx-s yet and i dont intend too. Everyone talks down on our tCs but i like to prove them wrong. For a NA car, our cars are pretty quick. My first race was against a prelude and it was nicely moddified. ANd i just finished watchin tokyo in the movies they first day it came out and a prelude pulled up to me. I thought i was gonna lose. We took off at the light and right when thrid gear came i pulled on him. I only had a cold air intake and he asked me if i had the supercharger in and i said no. HE told me he liked me tC. BUt anyways I just dont like when everyone talks down on the tC. Just because its not turbo it sucks. IF all the turbo cars took out their turbos we would murder them. LIke the STI, EVO and the SRT-4. basicallly Impreza 2.5RS, Lancer ES, and Neon SE. We'd Murder them without their turbos
Dude. Ur telling me u pulled on a prelude w/ a h22 motor in 3rd gear?

u sure ur racing type S's and they dont have gerbils in the engine bay?
im raising the BS flag to the top of the empire state building on this one.

Where in ny u from? My boy has a 100% stock type S. ill lift the hood to prove it. id love to see u walk that car. maybe i just cant drive. ::looks @ legs:: oh i thought i had a skirt on. thank god i have jeans lol

Quick Reply: ClubRSX dissin TC's