5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by AgentRice
here it is

rsx > tc in power STOCK
tC > rsx IN ALL OVER ASPECTS because the tc doesnt get JACKED like the rsx's do

WE WIN
I was talking with a co-worker about this (or something like it); he was actually more talking ____ then converstaing... His car got jacked, just put about 5k worth of rims, system and other stuff, then the question of security came along and some how, just SOME HOW he says "You dont need that, nobody wants to jack a Scion..." I really didnt care, it just goes to shows how people that dont own one talk so much smack. BTW he had some Explorer or some suv of that calibur.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hi im new to the forums & i currently own both a tc & rsx-s.. i love my tc but seriously guys/gals, my rsx-s is a demon when it comes to speed.. the tc is just a nice daily driver.. there is no way a tc can pull on a rsx-s
Old 12-28-2006, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

a dc5 has 40more horsepower
Old 12-28-2006, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by exmurderblah
a dc5 has 40more horsepower
i guess thats why toyota came up with the supercharger for the tc, to make it even
Old 12-28-2006, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

imo the supercharger isn't worth it. I still wouldn't mind gtting a rsx-s or even an srt4.the rsx was my 1st choice when buying a car but disnt have what I wanted and too much $
Old 12-29-2006, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
I am by no means here to argue. I just want to point some things out.
I live in Queens NY. The very 1st day I got my tC, another tC wanted to race! How ironic!
Now, to my point. To say Honda sucks etc etc is crazy! All I'm trying to say is, Honda does not suck. There are actually not too many "riced" out Civics around here anymore. If youre saying Honda sucks b/c your area has a lot of Civic's and Integra's or whatever are revving at you, well, then I can say Scion sucks b/c they rev at me as well. I'm not saying which brand has more nutty drivers b/c now adays I think BMW has that won! I didnt do the research so I cant say who has what types of drivers but both brands has their own "that" group.
I believe phoenix_2o1_rising is getting what I'm saying. Almost every car Scion puts out, has a high potenial for getting into "that" group........ while Honda, well, most of their cars are family oriented cars aside from RSX-S, Si, NSX. Honda puts out more cars, most are driven like any other car on the road. Scion puts out less cars. Just throwing numbers around, lets say both Honda and Scion sell 100 cars. Still throwing around number, I think 20 from Honda would end up in "that" group while Scion will have a larger number. Thats all.
i disagree in that bold statement
in my area, mustang owners are the nutty drivers
with their revs and their burnout
Old 12-29-2006, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RSXaco
perhaps it was bold..... I really cant single out a particular automaker as there are nutty drivers in all types of cars. In my area, it's not too often that I see a V8 Mustang.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well no offence to the RSX guys, but a base model RSX (depending on the driver of course) does not have a good chance of winning a stock to stock race with a tc (both MT).

2007 RSX Base model

155hp @ 6500rpm
134tq @ 4000rpm
Weight: 2734 (MT)
Base MSRP - $20,894

2007 TC Base Model

161hp @ 6000rpm
162tq @ 4000rpm
Weight: 2901 (MT)
Base MSRP - $16,890

I can think of a much faster TC with $4,004 extra to spend!
Just my 4 1/2 cents.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:28 AM
5 Year Member

All and all...the new Dodge Chargers that the cops use:
340 hp @ 5,000 rpm, 390 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm
Don't street race! They're going to catch you!
Old 12-29-2006, 07:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

perhaps it was bold..... I really cant single out a particular automaker as there are nutty drivers in all types of cars. In my area, it's not too often that I see a V8 Mustang.
And it seems that more often than not, it's the 6 cylinder 'Stangs that fall into 'that' group.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I live in Queens NY. The very 1st day I got my tC, another tC wanted to race! How ironic!
Now, to my point. To say Honda sucks etc etc is crazy! All I'm trying to say is, Honda does not suck. There are actually not too many "riced" out Civics around here anymore. If youre saying Honda sucks b/c your area has a lot of Civic's and Integra's or whatever are revving at you, well, then I can say Scion sucks b/c they rev at me as well. I'm not saying which brand has more nutty drivers b/c now adays I think BMW has that won! I didnt do the research so I cant say who has what types of drivers but both brands has their own "that" group.
I believe phoenix_2o1_rising is getting what I'm saying. Almost every car Scion puts out, has a high potenial for getting into "that" group........ while Honda, well, most of their cars are family oriented cars aside from RSX-S, Si, NSX. Honda puts out more cars, most are driven like any other car on the road. Scion puts out less cars. Just throwing numbers around, lets say both Honda and Scion sell 100 cars. Still throwing around number, I think 20 from Honda would end up in "that" group while Scion will have a larger number. Thats all.
you know i can beat some early 97-2001 v6 mustangs, and i think thats pretty good for my tc, lol but one evening i was at a red light and a gt pulled up next to me and wanted to race, and i was ____ting bricks hahaha, but i reved like twice, i guess he got intimidated cuz he dint want to race, he looked over at me and said nice car and went on his way
Old 12-29-2006, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion_jon
you know i can beat some early 97-2001 v6 mustangs, and i think thats pretty good for my tc, lol but one evening i was at a red light and a gt pulled up next to me and wanted to race, and i was ____ting bricks hahaha, but i reved like twice, i guess he got intimidated cuz he dint want to race, he looked over at me and said nice car and went on his way
funny story
2 years ago, my cousin was at a light (i was behind him in my old corolla), then a 2000 saleen pulled next to him
that's right, a saleen
revvin his v8, doing short burnouts
the nerve
wish he lined up with me in my s
make him think twice about picking on cars out of his class (unless he was supercharged of course)
Old 12-29-2006, 09:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by captainlaziness
And it seems that more often than not, it's the 6 cylinder 'Stangs that fall into 'that' group.
yeah, here in Austin they have alittle group with gt's, 2 saleens, 2 cobras
Old 12-29-2006, 09:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol
Old 12-29-2006, 09:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion_jon
The V-6 'stangs are duds....especially if they're autos
Old 12-29-2006, 09:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can slay those all day
Old 12-29-2006, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by keenoh
hi im new to the forums & i currently own both a tc & rsx-s.. i love my tc but seriously guys/gals, my rsx-s is a demon when it comes to speed.. the tc is just a nice daily driver.. there is no way a tc can pull on a rsx-s

"a demon when it comes to speed" ?? are you freakin serious?
for the most part, tC owners I believe dont think they have rocket ships until they get some forced induction, but dude... dont be a tard.. your 200 hp isnt all that... My 944 would smoke your 20 year newer car, and its fully built and even IT isnt all that... my best friend has a 89 930 turbo... (when produced, it WAS the worlds fastest production car) and I believe it only has 387 hp, and a v6, however porsche engeineered a twin turbo setup in a 5speed (he has the optional 4) that would top in the 186 range...

for the money, I personally feel you "new" integra owners are getting hosed. I miss the last gen Honda Prelude acctually.. but if you want a fast car - Id so rather have the mazdaspeed3 with an additional 70 ponies, and a turbo (hmm easily mods there... cheap, mad HP). BUT.. then you'll say "well its the interior/quality vs. the price"..

thats when the light should turn on, and god taps you on the shoulder, and says "son -- you should of sold the rsx, but you wanted a demon when it comes to speed" ...lol.. save up for a fast car if thats whatcha want.. I bought a "nice looking, well optioned, value priced" car - with a warranty, so I could keep my track car for track...

when you get a m3 or a r32 or something, anything ..AMG or RS4 is pretty wicked.. but your type S is sub par in the sports car world.

sorry to rain on your parade.. BTW if you do ANY spec club racingand your in MD, VA, OR PA, PM me, id autocross that FWD car in the dirt with my 944 ;) 50/50 weight distro, RWD.. perfect for track days. Id pay your day at VIR if you could best my lap times.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

You know what's fun about this conversation? Everyone always goes back and forth about the current models ... I owned a '92 JDM Vtec Prelude (full JDM motor conversion, so yes, JDM), before the Scion, and there was always the argument back and forth between the H series, B series, and K series owners about who was faster ... all it really came down to was the B series was not big enough to compete, the K series has more torque, and the H series would roast all in the top end ... assuming it was the most modified.

My best friend drives an RSX Type S, and he roasts me, I knew this before I bought the tC ... but due to torque numbers and better gearing, I kill him off the line ... if you are drag racing, (track), and you can launch your car, you will have better 50 ft times every time than the RSX of any model ... Down the track though, they are going to beat you.

They also have a problem with their syncros that their transmissions have to be rebuilt about every 10-15k miles because they can not shift into second gear without grinding, which means very little racing.

Point is, be thankful that our cars do not have those problems and just drive your car being happy that you have one that you don't have to deal with problem. Let them talk trash, then laugh at the fact that they are spending money rebuilding their trannies while we are spending money making ours look better and go faster.

BTW, my tC is not for racing, that's what I have the '91 eagle Talon for.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

omg....lock this tread...now we have peeps talking about they can slay "stangs all day"? and talking about "intimadating a saleen"? geez what is this coming too.

the tC are economical cars..with a little 4 cyldr. i mean come on its a freakin' CAMRY ENGINE.

if you choose to race a honda then do so...if you want to think your tC is the best ____ in the world than believe so...
tC is just a daily driven car that you guys drive back and forth from work, to school, and wherever else..its nice to take pride in it and all..but i rather put all that pride and energy in some other car...i mean there is nothing special about the tC anymore...freaking turn your head to left and right, you see em every where. there are more tC's than rsx's sold in the us market this year. you can do the research yourself....if you want to think your tC is the fastest then so be it...last i check our cars cant even go over 125mph.....
but this hate between honda and scion is nonsense...
i rather have a 89' integra with a b18 motor than my overweight tC anyday...
Old 12-29-2006, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay differences aside, I get what you said about the scion cars being the Youth designated car and that it atracts many of that group, and that honda right now is putting much more family oriented cars, than scion, okay but that doesnt take away that brand new or used, there are alot more young enthusiast in hondas around, aw man You know what F*** this , each area has theyre own crazy manic driver preffered brand, Over here its the Hondas, Over yours curious fish they are the friggin BMWs, In RSXaco's are its the Mustangs, hey every place is different.
Just this afternoon, On my way to the post office i saw 3 90's model 4 door civics, 2 90's model integras, and 5 new 4 door civics, and THE ONLY ONES that had adults in them were the new 4 door models, who suprisingly were driven 3 by mature women, and 1 by an old man and one by a young woman, all of the rest were driven by young people, guys actually.

And Yeah Base RSX's are pretty expensive, and you have to reason they dont stand a chance against stock tC's cuz think about it If toyota made a performance inspired version of the tC, We'd have a more solid platform to begin with :

base rsx: 155 hp, 134tq
base tc: 161 hp, 163tq

rsx type-s: 201hp 143tq
Now imagine the same number upgrade on the tC

TRD tC : 207 hp 172 tq
okay Imagine that stock and you'll see why

Quick Reply: ClubRSX dissin TC's