Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

ClubRSX dissin TC's

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im not one of those people that buy cars and trick em all out, like hardcore HP wise. I bought the tc cause it looks real nice and was the best bang for your buck.

However, you know that if a Tc had beaten an rsx, then there would be a post about this somewhere around here just like how there is one on clubrsx.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think a car costing $21k (in theory) should beat the tC, a car that costs $4k less. but realistically as far as a base rsx beating a tC i dont see it happening, im sure it would be a good race though. the 6 speed rsx type s though is a totally different story and would definetly beat a tC as they post low to mid 6's for 0-60 with the tC only being mid 7's.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think the bottom line is this: if you're going to race someone, dont get bent if you lose. comes with the territory that someone is going to talk trash. so who cares, really.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=49

i actually laughed out loud. :D "girls love it when you do that"
Old 12-20-2006, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Old 12-20-2006, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

get a life cry baby. no one cares.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

My grandmama pinto cuudd roast demm foos...

Eh...people talk smak all the time...Its just part of owning rides like ours...I mean, i have an intake and soon to be exhaust on my tC...but Im not out to race anyone. I like the RSX...and may have bought one, But I chose the tC for its value and Scion Scene.....Best choice I ever made!
Old 12-20-2006, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Edwy_NBTC06
However, you know that if a Tc had beaten an rsx, then there would be a post about this somewhere around here just like how there is one on clubrsx.
Originally Posted by hunterUnknown
but anyway, even on this forum we have pointless threads about us beating lesser cars.
Both so very true! Both of the car forums have young drivers that enjoy street racing. And anything can happen in a race! Numbers do matter but there are other variables too! ALmost any auto forum will have some ppl bragging about their car and it doesnt always come down too who's car won the race.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

lol that thread made me laugh...
Old 12-20-2006, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I created an account to form an attempt at a defense. It won't let me post. Something about me not having the rights to?

W/e, I don't need to start talking to all those people anyways...

I didn't really like the RSX better, or the new eclipse, which were my 2 options besides the tC.

Oh well. The one time I raced someone was all the way out on William Floyd Parkway (LI). one stretch of road where you can see for a mile and a half. It was a girl, in what looked like a stock *must have been automatic* rsx. It wasnt even close. once i hit 100+ i was a few car lenghts ahead and i let off. Dangerous at that speed.

my 2 cents.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Hell...I was coasting along side a RX-8 the other day....and we both took off at about a 40 roll...I was hanging with him but I shut off at about 85MPH...I was just messin, but I was a little impressed, I would have kept going, but I dont like to street race sice my accident 6 years ago...Plus..Im sure he was like WTF?....Keep em guessing!
Old 12-20-2006, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sddykstr
that's ridiculous to say. Just because you don't have the fastest or best car, doesn't mean you can't compete against rival cars of the same class. Just a dumb comment.
Compete? Are you serious? Compete is when you and the other drivers get paid to play. Racing cheap cars on the street is commonly referred to as stupid.

I bought this car because it is a good deal, good reliability (READ: toyota), and good looks. I'm buying a house soon so the Acura TL was out of reach, and although I like the RSX, I think the tC is better for the money. My last car was an '03 V8 Lincoln LS, 0-60 in 6.5, 280HP with factury dual exhaust (dual cats). It was a fun car to drive, but the quality was low. I bought it cause it was a fast sedan. However, I never have raced either car because to be honest; they weren't made for racing.

Just my .02
Old 12-20-2006, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
that is just the insecurities of RSX owners talking...

...And the insecurities of tC owners listening.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member

he talks a lot of crap.. he even talks a lot of crap to his own "kind" it sounds like he has a big ego.... i mean yea the rsx type s's are fast. like my neighbor is a parts manager at a acura dealer and ive driven one around a couple times and it was fast but it lacked smtin......TORQUE!!!!!!!!!! it has like no torque and they have v-tech but we have vvt-i soooooo.....but i mean he talks a lot of smack but the tc is by far a better deal plus he has an extra gear we dont.......w.e who cares bout that punk. and if hes such hot ____ y doesnt he go beat a car that costs equal to his???
Old 12-20-2006, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheScionicMan

no, that's just their insecurity in the fact that their car is being discontinued...
Old 12-20-2006, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member

i raced my cousins base model of the rsx and i beat him about a car length. i also went up against my other cousin with the type s and beat him......but he miss shift so a loss is a loss right???
Old 12-20-2006, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

haha so true.

My brother owns an RSX, they're cool cars. There are idiots who own tCs, there are idiots who own RSXs, there are idiots in every type of car. Threads of people dissing our cars should make you either laugh or roll your eyes, but they shouldn't actually upset you. Rest assured that there's a RSX-hating thread on a [SRT-4, Mustang GT, etc.] forum somewhere else, and there's always a faster car out there.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dante
no, that's just their insecurity in the fact that their car is being discontinued...
LOL, ok this will make you laugh.

Here's a thread at clubrsx comparing the resale value of their car to a Supra LMAO

"Will the rsx be the next supra? "
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=442903
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by Magnus213

haha so true.

My brother owns an RSX, they're cool cars. There are idiots who own tCs, there are idiots who own RSXs, there are idiots in every type of car. Threads of people dissing our cars should make you either laugh or roll your eyes, but they shouldn't actually upset you. Rest assured that there's a RSX-hating thread on a [SRT-4, Mustang GT, etc.] forum somewhere else, and there's always a faster car out there.
Unless you're driving a Bugatti Veyron or Top Fuel Dragster...
rlo
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

eh who cares.... If you have evo they'll diss you on the sti boards, if you have a camero they diss you on the ford boards.... It's just guys with little pee pee's that have to make up there short comings.. Just like the guy who is 4 feet tall and drive a ford excursion...
Old 12-20-2006, 10:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok, and all the fools who come on here with their stories of beating other cars, INCLUDING RSX's?

There are idiots on every forum, don't make the mistake of thinking our forum is perfect...

Quick Reply: ClubRSX dissin TC's