Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

ClubRSX dissin TC's

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by i_drive_a_DC5
woot woot lets just end all the battles...i drive an RSX and im goin 2 my 5th scion meet in 2 weeks tonight
same here, i've been to 2 scion meets and a photoshoot in Texas (don't worry, i stayed out of the way)
Old 01-11-2007, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by RSXaco
how bad did you beat him?
i took a friend out with a 2006 sti by about a car or so
they seem a bit faster than the previous models
Nice, oh, I can't beat a stock STI...I'm just BS ya..

*edit....I guess you haven't watched to many of my vids huh? Come to the F/I section more often, we got something for ya over there.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

*edit....I guess you haven't watched to many of my vids huh? Come to the F/I section more often, we got something for ya over there.
I just went over and checked a few out. Very nice! Seem like a cool guy and the car is sweet. I was shocked at how loud (but nice!) it was.

Most of you here on SC rock! I mean I love my RSX and don't plan on parting with it... but there are some real buttlicks over on CRSX. Any more, I just hate even going over there at all unless I'm just researching.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Zander416

I just went over and checked a few out. Very nice! Seem like a cool guy and the car is sweet. I was shocked at how loud (but nice!) it was.

Most of you here on SC rock! I mean I love my RSX and don't plan on parting with it... but there are some real buttlicks over on CRSX. Any more, I just hate even going over there at all unless I'm just researching.

do you know of any guys over there with some good 1/4 times? have you been to the track yet?
Old 01-11-2007, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't KNOW anyone over there really. But I know there are a lot of guys hitting low 14's. Some are hitting 13's, and very few, but there are a few hitting 12's. I've got a vid on my computer somewhere of some guy hitting 11's but it's not streetable. Then there's another in some other country that is hitting 9's. Not sure if it's streetable or not but I highly doubt it.

I haven't been to the track myself. Too afraid I suck at driving. LOL
Old 01-11-2007, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I don't KNOW anyone over there really. But I know there are a lot of guys hitting low 14's. Some are hitting 13's, and very few, but there are a few hitting 12's. I've got a vid on my computer somewhere of some guy hitting 11's but it's not streetable. Then there's another in some other country that is hitting 9's. Not sure if it's streetable or not but I highly doubt it.

The 9 Sec one your talking about isn't even an RSX, just the image of one, but what makes the car is not. Would you say the majority of them are around the low 14 sec. range?

By the way....car is loud because of open WG. And I love an open WG.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The 9 Sec one your talking about isn't even an RSX, just the image of one, but what makes the car is not. Would you say the majority of them are around the low 14 sec. range?

that 9-sec rsx from puerto rico is a real rsx
look it up on youtube, its not a funny car or anything

last time i ran the track was last summer
14.1 @ 101 with 2.4 60 ft in close to 100 degree temp. and the humidity was high too, it rained that morning

on a good condition, i'm sure i can hit about 13.8 or so
i just don't have a helmet yet
Old 01-11-2007, 08:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i plan on going again in a few weeks, i'll have a vid up for that if you guys want to check it out
Old 01-11-2007, 08:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looking forward to seeing it.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mightygnu
looking forward to seeing it.
cool, we have a small dyno meet on the 27th of this month, we just might make a 1 hour trip to the track and get some runs in if the day turns out good
Old 01-11-2007, 12:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

that 9-sec rsx from puerto rico is a real rsx
look it up on youtube, its not a funny car or anything

last time i ran the track was last summer
14.1 @ 101 with 2.4 60 ft in close to 100 degree temp. and the humidity was high too, it rained that morning

on a good condition, i'm sure i can hit about 13.8 or so
i just don't have a helmet yet

Kool...
Wonder if it's daily driven though. I haven't seen any vids yet, I only go to youtube to post my own vids....lol.

14.1, not bad. That's what my stock 350Z does. At least that night it did. Then again, I only got 3 runs in with it, so I'm sure I can click a 13 out of it. The tC on the other hand......I expect it to hit a 12. The track opens back up Feb. 27 or something like that, so I need to get me a new set of DR's, and then I'll hit it up.

Of course I'll have vids of it.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just uploaded this on youtube.

For those late coming to the conversation I didn't post this for any ill intended reasons.
I just think it's fun to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ennKfm1LuyU
Old 01-11-2007, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a stock tc and my best friend has a type s... We compare and race all the time... Both of us are manuals... At frist i can get the jump on him a little if i launch right, but then he'll just blow me outta the water within the 1/8th. The tc has much more to offer stock when ur talkin about mod-ability, and just stuff that comes with the cars; Not to mention they don't have ANY meets up in the north at all... I showed up to the one and only meet they had last year at english town nj, and even then only 2 or 3 cars showed up... long story short... i'm happy with my baby even though it's not the fastest thing around!
Old 01-11-2007, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a stock tc and my best friend has a type s... We compare and race all the time... Both of us are manuals... At frist i can get the jump on him a little if i launch right, but then he'll just blow me outta the water within the 1/8th. The tc has much more to offer stock when ur talkin about mod-ability, and just stuff that comes with the cars; Not to mention they don't have ANY meets up in the north at all... I showed up to the one and only meet they had last year at english town nj, and even then only 2 or 3 cars showed up... long story short... i'm happy with my baby even though it's not the fastest thing around!
Old 01-11-2007, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I just uploaded this on youtube.

For those late coming to the conversation I didn't post this for any ill intended reasons.
I just think it's fun to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ennKfm1LuyU

I'll see your 11 sec RSX, and I'll raise you an 11 sec tC being prep'ed for take off.....

Old 01-11-2007, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Got a question for you Zander416. Are all the RSX boys morons, or just some? I think a few need to get the corn cobb out of their a$$ before they can call themselves car enthusiast. I can understand bashing on a guy for trying to race a car superior to his, but to bash an entire car community is a little rediculous.

Kinda like the Honda Accord with Euro lights and a fart can tried to race the Evo 9 MR that I was racing, then when he didn't bite, he tried racing me... Don't see me making an entire thread about it though, cause its stupid.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool! I'll be interested to see that TC hit 11's! With my RSX I really very rarely race. I used to race all the time with my Grand Am that I had. The most fun was just beating people that thought I had no chance.
So I guess I say that is because it would be neat to see the face on some cocky LS1 owner (Or other similar vehicles, Mustang GT, etc) when they get beat. I had fun doing that to other cars with my GA.

You know.... I guess I'm in a bit of a difficult spot on the clubrsx issue. Plus, right now I'm not likely to talk really well of just about anyone over there. The cool ones that I can think of are people that USED to own RSX's and now own Evo's or things like that. Except one NAMELESS asshat over there.
You know though... I mean taking into consideration that I'm a little upset with the scene over there at the moment. I gotta say, it seems like almost all of them are just a**holes. It's a nice place for me to research but....

I mean I LOOOOOOOOVE my RSX-S. It's such a blast to drive. Thankfully for me, RSX's are pretty rare where I live for some reason. (as are TC's) Most that I've seen around here are bases too. So I get to stay a little original. I do my best to just take it with a grain of salt if someone puts me into "that crowd" if you know what I mean. I just love cars man and happen to own an RSX.

It's pretty darn difficult to post anything over there without getting flamed to death. It got pretty irritating and frustrating being that I mostly hung around the problems and solutions area trying to help some people out.

Z
Old 01-11-2007, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

ive beaten an '05 RSX, we were both stock

tC's have more high end torque

besides, we still look better
Old 01-11-2007, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC-Collin
ive beaten an '05 RSX, we were both stock

tC's have more high end torque

besides, we still look better
Was it a base?
Old 01-12-2007, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Must've been, given decent driving on both sides.

Quick Reply: ClubRSX dissin TC's