ClubRSX dissin TC's

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by timmyinpajamas
i think da type s poop load better than tc .. it got more potential just like all hondas .. tc u have 2 fi if u want some decent power .. y yall always hatin on honda .. act like tc is the poop or something i got a tc but i can admit type s is better .. suck it up
x2
Old 02-13-2007, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this thread is a real battle of the wits going on hahaha
Old 02-13-2007, 06:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by timmyinpajamas
i think da type s poop load better than tc .. it got more potential just like all hondas .. tc u have 2 fi if u want some decent power .. y yall always hatin on honda .. act like tc is the poop or something i got a tc but i can admit type s is better .. suck it up
Yay for grammar...

Yup, can not diss Japanese engineering... Its litterally a work of art!
Old 02-13-2007, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

So...I drive a tC. Yup.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

WOW...my name is Mike and everyone calls me "PINKY" im sorry im really late into this...but i just read the CLUBRSX forum, and wow...thats a lot of talking. im a tC owner myself and Everyone should know trying to race a RSX type S is like trying to fight Goliath...but in this case Goliath wins! RSX is greater then the tC, you have to understand that there is a big HP difference between those cars. plus those cars have high reving motors!..our tC's only rev up to what...6200-6500? those guys can hold gears much longer than tC's..there Rev Limit is much higher then ours...i wouldnt mean like in the 8's or 9's...but hey old school integra's and even s2000's can rev that high. plus those guys like to talk trash. real guys know not to go against a RSX type S unless their tC is S/C or T/C.....going head to head with those guys N/A is like David Vs. Goliath...but Goliath wins...Toyota/Honda....made in the Same COUNTRY...give the RSX guys their time to shine...We beat them in Sales!...Scion in general maybe on under Acura because it is the luxury part of Honda..but Scion sales grow more and more, we may have cheap prices on our cars, but we have a high selling rate. Yeah i know some people look at the Racing aspect ..it just all comes down to who has more horsepower, and who is the better driver. You may see young kids driving and trying to race, so what let those other tC owners race to cars like those and LOSE!....i know i raced a couple in my day and lost REALLY BAD!..so i changed my perspective in helping these cars out by showing the public how great and reliable these cars are! Do Acura Owners do Toys for TOTS? Do their dealerships host BBQ's thru out the yr?¿ Scion clubs all over the NATION and including other Countries such as Puerto Rico, Japan etc... do they get together and have an event such as SCION EXPOSED? i am with the guys from SE-Chicago, and i will be honest with you, they are one of the greatest bunch of peeps i have ever known! In Chicago we go on cruises...maybe once or twice every week..somtimes even more a week...The Sponsored Toyota Dealerships even help us out!..some if not most of them host events not only for us..but for the future customers...i really hate to sound like a moist azz.. but a couple yrs. back, we had a show at Elmhurst Toyota, and one of the co-workers over there brought their daughter with them, the little girl wanted to check out one of thses cars,she had to be about 9 or 10 i believe. As i was walking back to my car to get something, i noticed it was my car she wanted to look at!...i asked the little girl if she wanted to sit in the drivers seat and have her mom take a pic of her in the car?...Her mother said no..the car is too nice to sit in it, but i insisted that she should let her sit in the car. i opened the door for her she got it and sat down, well she couldnt see her little daughter in the car so i told her to stand on the seat...i told her it wasnt a problem, it's cleanable!...so she did and her mom took the pic, when she got out..she told me "THANKYOU FOR EVERYTHING"...i said "No Prob"....we are totally different people compared to Honda guys...they think about going fast..i dont blame them because they can do that..im not saying tC owners can't do that as well...but we just have to spend more time and money into making them faster...now if an RSX races me, i let them go by...Don't Forget!!...TOYOTA GAVE US A CHANCE TO COME OUT INTO THE MARKET!..LETS GIVE BACK TO THE PEOPLE WHO GAVE US A CHANCE!.. the RSX is a Dying BREED! they already discontinued RSX's already...or at least i think they did...so who do you think will win in this battle...when they make the tC's better in performance later on down the yrs!?!?...all i know is that every time i see a Scion owner, ill wave to them or if i see one getting out of a car, ill say hello. it's what actions we take is what makes us better people, i know im drifting away from topic, but...as a scion owner..i had a choice before to purchase a 04-05 RSX Type S A-Spec....insted i chose a tC. i chose it because i wanted to see a different vehicle on the road..i wanted people to ask who makes those cars. To all the Scion OWNERS OUT THERE!! CONGRATS ON YOUR PURCHASE!...TO ALL THE CLUBS OUT THERE....SCION SYNDICATE, SDG "those girls are hott" HAHA, SCIKOTICS, SCION EVOLUTION, ETC. i appologize if i mispelled those club names! I THINK BASICALLY WITHOUT THOSE CLUBS OUT THERE TO HELP GET THIS BRANCH OF TOYOTA ALIVE AND STRONG!.......remember as SE always says...."Driven to Evolve" <~~"hope i dont get sued!" haha...... lets make it happen.

Mike "Pinky"
SE-Chicago
Old 02-13-2007, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Interesting reads. Reminds me of my other automobile forums that I go to where the other AWD fanatics are just as bad.

Relax people. Believe it or not a lot of those guys were right about both the tC and RSX. I don't see how you can compare the two but even the logical ones on the board will attest that we don't garner much respect because of what some of us have done to our cars.

I personally liked the bit about how fast their cars were until the SRT4's came out...
Old 02-13-2007, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are alot of dumb Tc owners, at least where i live. In vegas id say 93% of the Tc's are owned by chicks and about 6.7% are I/E/BlingBling mods that think their intake makes them the fastest car in the world. Those of us in the .3% drive like gas in $3 a gallon. Till we get to the track that is, not too many RSX-S's talkin poop about F/I Tcs
Old 02-13-2007, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlKtC05
There are alot of dumb Tc owners, at least where i live. In vegas id say 93% of the Tc's are owned by chicks and about 6.7% are I/E/BlingBling mods that think their intake makes them the fastest car in the world. Those of us in the .3% drive like gas in $3 a gallon. Till we get to the track that is, not too many RSX-S's talkin poop about F/I Tcs
haha, till it's FI K20 vs FI 2AZ
Old 02-13-2007, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey man, if they wanna spend almost $30,000 on a car, turbo, and a tune than more power to em!
Old 02-14-2007, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

its just who spend more on parts and tuning and all that....i agree...if they wanna spend 30k on all that...then thats their preference...F/I k20a!!!....Scarey SET-UP!!...even if its in a civic hatch!..their killers on the road!..
Old 02-14-2007, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hehe yahhh alot of these reads are true! Im just all about making GOOD handling for the twisties and having that clean cool look, I know I dont have a "RACE" car if i wanna go fast and talk trash 24/7 like the guys u see on Honda-tech forums then I should of bought a basic Honda civic hatch back and swapped in a GSR motor and slapped a GT30 ball bearing turbo on it... JUST be happy how great this community is.. all the other forums ive been too there is alot of DRAMA and Trash talk!
Old 02-14-2007, 03:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TcBoi1
WOW...my name is Mike and everyone calls me "PINKY" im sorry im really late into this...but i just read the CLUBRSX forum, and wow...thats a lot of talking. im a tC owner myself and Everyone should know trying to race a RSX type S is like trying to fight Goliath...but in this case Goliath wins! RSX is greater then the tC, you have to understand that there is a big HP difference between those cars. plus those cars have high reving motors!..our tC's only rev up to what...6200-6500? those guys can hold gears much longer than tC's..there Rev Limit is much higher then ours...i wouldnt mean like in the 8's or 9's...but hey old school integra's and even s2000's can rev that high. plus those guys like to talk trash. real guys know not to go against a RSX type S unless their tC is S/C or T/C.....going head to head with those guys N/A is like David Vs. Goliath...but Goliath wins...Toyota/Honda....made in the Same COUNTRY...give the RSX guys their time to shine...We beat them in Sales!...Scion in general maybe on under Acura because it is the luxury part of Honda..but Scion sales grow more and more, we may have cheap prices on our cars, but we have a high selling rate. Yeah i know some people look at the Racing aspect ..it just all comes down to who has more horsepower, and who is the better driver. You may see young kids driving and trying to race, so what let those other tC owners race to cars like those and LOSE!....i know i raced a couple in my day and lost REALLY BAD!..so i changed my perspective in helping these cars out by showing the public how great and reliable these cars are! Do Acura Owners do Toys for TOTS? Do their dealerships host BBQ's thru out the yr?¿ Scion clubs all over the NATION and including other Countries such as Puerto Rico, Japan etc... do they get together and have an event such as SCION EXPOSED? i am with the guys from SE-Chicago, and i will be honest with you, they are one of the greatest bunch of peeps i have ever known! In Chicago we go on cruises...maybe once or twice every week..somtimes even more a week...The Sponsored Toyota Dealerships even help us out!..some if not most of them host events not only for us..but for the future customers...i really hate to sound like a moist azz.. but a couple yrs. back, we had a show at Elmhurst Toyota, and one of the co-workers over there brought their daughter with them, the little girl wanted to check out one of thses cars,she had to be about 9 or 10 i believe. As i was walking back to my car to get something, i noticed it was my car she wanted to look at!...i asked the little girl if she wanted to sit in the drivers seat and have her mom take a pic of her in the car?...Her mother said no..the car is too nice to sit in it, but i insisted that she should let her sit in the car. i opened the door for her she got it and sat down, well she couldnt see her little daughter in the car so i told her to stand on the seat...i told her it wasnt a problem, it's cleanable!...so she did and her mom took the pic, when she got out..she told me "THANKYOU FOR EVERYTHING"...i said "No Prob"....we are totally different people compared to Honda guys...they think about going fast..i dont blame them because they can do that..im not saying tC owners can't do that as well...but we just have to spend more time and money into making them faster...now if an RSX races me, i let them go by...Don't Forget!!...TOYOTA GAVE US A CHANCE TO COME OUT INTO THE MARKET!..LETS GIVE BACK TO THE PEOPLE WHO GAVE US A CHANCE!.. the RSX is a Dying BREED! they already discontinued RSX's already...or at least i think they did...so who do you think will win in this battle...when they make the tC's better in performance later on down the yrs!?!?...all i know is that every time i see a Scion owner, ill wave to them or if i see one getting out of a car, ill say hello. it's what actions we take is what makes us better people, i know im drifting away from topic, but...as a scion owner..i had a choice before to purchase a 04-05 RSX Type S A-Spec....insted i chose a tC. i chose it because i wanted to see a different vehicle on the road..i wanted people to ask who makes those cars. To all the Scion OWNERS OUT THERE!! CONGRATS ON YOUR PURCHASE!...TO ALL THE CLUBS OUT THERE....SCION SYNDICATE, SDG "those girls are hott" HAHA, SCIKOTICS, SCION EVOLUTION, ETC. i appologize if i mispelled those club names! I THINK BASICALLY WITHOUT THOSE CLUBS OUT THERE TO HELP GET THIS BRANCH OF TOYOTA ALIVE AND STRONG!.......remember as SE always says...."Driven to Evolve" <~~"hope i dont get sued!" haha...... lets make it happen.

Mike "Pinky"
SE-Chicago
longest post on interweb history ^^ lol
Old 02-14-2007, 06:31 AM

wow actually this thread is quite funny. a base model rsx (no 's' -duh) is actually slower than the tC... up to 80mph. the tc sees a significant loss in hp and tq past like 4000 rpms in all gears, which would be around 80mph in 5th. scion sales associates actually tell potential buyers about this because its been proven. i cant give websites or mags or books or dates, but research has had to have been done for a sales associate to actually spit those words out to a customer. i am a big fan of honda and i actually drive an 05 civic si, but im purchasing a tc for its affordability and easier "tuning price" (btw the 05 si has only 7 more horses than the tc does, you cant feel too much of a difference). but who are they to throw their arms in the air at beating ONE tc. scions are cheap in order for people to customize them according to their personality (said by scion rep at chicago auto show i believe). every kid who has an alright car tries to race. i had a 2000 dodge neon with the fart can try to race me in my 89 honda prelude jdm motor swap cai and headers through the exhaust all aftermarket. sure i beat him, but i didnt say F*CK yeah man i beat a NEON!!! you get stupid kids harassing you all the time. its how kids are. big whoop wanna fightaboudit? im just suprised people get so mean about this whose brand is better than whose brand. its not whose brand, but whos driving it and how they tune it. hp dont mean sh*t also if you cant drive. most people dont realize when they upgrade in hp and tq they need to upgrade in brakes, possibly tires, if its enough horsepower they should DEINATELY get an LSD and a clutch. another thing too about building motors and sh*t, tc owners also have more money to put toward tuning, whereas rsx owners may have a faster engine stock, but could be beat by anyone building their motor. you know that it takes the same amount of money to build a chevy small block for 1300 horses as it does the supra engine for 1000? but look at who paid more for their initial car. i dont know how to end this post so yeah, end.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sorry but the RSX Type-S is entirely over-rated. I raced a number of these in my stock GSR and really it just came down to who got the better launch and shifts in. The tC falls within about the same performance range. Somehow it just doesn't make much fiscal sense to me to pay $7000 more for a car that supposedly does 0.2 seconds quicker 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. For $7000, you can have a VERY nice turbo set-up in your tC. I haven't raced any in my stock tC yet, but I'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionSean
I'm sorry but the RSX Type-S is entirely over-rated. I raced a number of these in my stock GSR and really it just came down to who got the better launch and shifts in. The tC falls within about the same performance range. Somehow it just doesn't make much fiscal sense to me to pay $7000 more for a car that supposedly does 0.2 seconds quicker 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. For $7000, you can have a VERY nice turbo set-up in your tC. I haven't raced any in my stock tC yet, but I'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes.
just because you beat stock s' in your stock gsr doesnt mean your car is the same or better
your probably a better driver than they are
when i was stock, i've beaten plenty of bolt-on GSRs
doesn't mean anything, they just need to drive better or get more mods
and for the statement that tCs fall in the same performance range as an s
in terms of what? drag?
last i check, the tC needs to be force fed to beat a stock s with equal drivers
how is that the same in performance?
i'm not going to get into autox
not saying my car is the best or anything, i'm a fan of the tC
but people like you always compare "my car is cheaper so i can add more mods"
please, i might as well get an srt-4
stop using that worn out excuse
i can say the same thing with my car to m3, evo, sti owners
but instead, i show them
Old 02-14-2007, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

tC's fall below GSR and RSX-S

ive raced my friend in his base RSX and won, but im not dumb enough to even try an RSX-S
Old 02-14-2007, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ROFL there will always be a car slower and there will always be a car faster -- let them have their laughs becuase im sure somewhere on the internet someone has another pointless thread saying how they beat an RSX Type S.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RSXaco
just because you beat stock s' in your stock gsr doesnt mean your car is the same or better
in terms of what? drag?
but instead, i show them
I'm just saying that the tC is a great car with a lot of potential. I have to say that the "bang-for-the-buck" value is what drew me most to buying one. I was looking into RSX's and I test drove a few in the same price range as the tC (used ones with a zillion miles on them) and there really wasn't anything that fantastic about the way they performed or handled over the tC. People who own tC's shouldn't be put down by the fact that that their car is 0.2 seconds slower than an RSX. If anything they should be happy with the fact that they have a brand new car for the price of a used RSX with an unknown history.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by RSXaco
ust because you beat stock s' in your stock gsr doesnt mean your car is the same or better
in terms of what? drag?
but instead, i show them
it is a good excuse though, because with the difference you can make a pretty powerful car.....
Now, im not going to bash RSXs, i wanted one for a while but im not rich enough. but i like what scion has to offer better than acura

and i believe comparing a scion tc ans an rsx-s is like the ongoing rivalry between WRXs and evos. evos have more power and use it. but the Dubs make up for it with a better compatibility of upgrades. both stock, the evo will win (driver pending) but both with the same mods (for the most part) its a close race.

all IMO, of course

I'm just saying that the tC is a great car with a lot of potential. I have to say that the "bang-for-the-buck" value is what drew me most to buying one. I was looking into RSX's and I test drove a few in the same price range as the tC (used ones with a zillion miles on them) and there really wasn't anything that fantastic about the way they performed or handled over the tC. People who own tC's shouldn't be put down by the fact that that their car is 0.2 seconds slower than an RSX. If anything they should be happy with the fact that they have a brand new car for the price of a used RSX with an unknown history.
Very good point.

i feel the same completely
Old 02-15-2007, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man you guys take this crap too seriously jusr get over it they are more expensive and they paid more for extra speed our cars a cheap so they keep the power down if you wanna go fast get a damn evo or sti or srt4 GET OVER IT GUYS TC'S ARE SLOW AS A TURD.

Quick Reply: ClubRSX dissin TC's