2005-2010 [ANT10]

Common tC Issues and Various Fixes

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

ok, heres a new problem for ya....

05 tC w/40k. i accel from a stop in 1st (some torque), and the e-brake light comes on, as soon as i shift, it goes away. any ideas?
X-eric-X
Old 10-02-2006, 04:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

It's official! I've had my tC for one year and 10 months and just yesterday I got the infamous hatch rattle. I am very angry about this but I guess it was bound to happen.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

uhoh, once you get one rattle, it becomes a chain reaction.... more and more rattles....
Old 10-03-2006, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member

My issue is that when quick upshifting and downshifting 1-2 or N-2, 2-3 but not as much. I get this ridiculously loud banging sound, almost as if the engine was hitting the firewall. The only things that come to my mind is front or rear engine mount, but besides that I'm stumped. When downshifting to slow down ninto a turn from N last night my girlfriend thought I clipped the curb, it was that loud even with the radio on decently high.....any words?

It seems like this is common among the least common problems, very few broken threads among club-tc, yoursciontc and here......

Any help would be appreciated...I am taking the car in to service today and we'll see what the crap they say..

JCC
Old 10-05-2006, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SpdLmtNA
Originally Posted by 400amonth
I would like to know fixes for rattles around the steering column and under dash left side of driver.
Actually, I found where the rattle you're talking about came from...
If you take the cover off your interior fuses... look thru and follow your hand to where a large cluster of wires are taped. They are usually hitting the thin metal bar in there and causing a sound(that I think) is more annoying than the infamous sunroof rattle.
Fix:
Put a soft piece of weather lining (similar to soft foam tape)... in between the thin metal bar and the cluster of taped up wires.

Thats it, rattle gone!!!
i have a slight rattle coming from that area but i don't think mine has anything to do with the cables. when i simply put some pressure on the fuse cover with my hand the rattle goes away. so i think, at least in my case, the rattle is caused by the fuse cover. i plan on putting some foam tape around the edge and that should hopefully fix it.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by X_cement_filled_tC_X

05 tC w/40k. i accel from a stop in 1st (some torque), and the e-brake light comes on, as soon as i shift, it goes away. any ideas?
X-eric-X
Your brake fluid is low.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone else think the shocks for the hatch are kind of weak? Mine blew over the weekend. They blew slowly too... First I lifted it, it seemed fine... but later it came down and hit me on the back... happened 3 other times... by the 3rd time it just didn't go back up and the oils splurged.

I have an 05 bought in december 04 btw
Old 11-01-2006, 03:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by djct_watt

X-eric-X
Your brake fluid is low.
no, actually, it isnt. brake fluid levels were just fine. there was a crimped wire between the lever and frame of the flooring that was causing the problem. the wire was removed and restored, and the problem was fixed. shows me how much the scion community knows. i got the same reply on 2 different boards, and to be honest im quite dissapointed in the supposed "everlasting intelligence" attitude i got from most people, both here and on scion-tech.
X-eric-X
Old 11-01-2006, 07:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^
dude, chill out. you asked, "any ideas?" you got what you asked for and you're complaining? honestly, i would have given you the same answer. my mustang had the exact problem and it was the result of low brake fluid.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

X-eric-X
Your brake fluid is low.
no, actually, it isnt. brake fluid levels were just fine. there was a crimped wire between the lever and frame of the flooring that was causing the problem. the wire was removed and restored, and the problem was fixed. shows me how much the scion community knows. i got the same reply on 2 different boards, and to be honest im quite dissapointed in the supposed "everlasting intelligence" attitude i got from most people, both here and on scion-tech.
X-eric-X
I suggest you leave this board then.

You tend to to get an answer when you ask a question. Phenomenal concept huh?

If you think you're going to get the answer you want whenever you ask, well then best of luck to you.

It amazes me. You come here because you didn't know the answer to something and then get the wrong answer to something that could have been caused by several things. And then you get ____ed 'cause it didn't fix YOUR specific problem?

Get over it.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^
x2
Old 11-01-2006, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Capital

X-eric-X
Your brake fluid is low.
X-eric-X

If you think you're going to get the answer you want whenever you ask, well then best of luck to you.

It amazes me. You come here because you didn't know the answer to something and then get the wrong answer to something that could have been caused by several things. And then you get ____ed 'cause it didn't fix YOUR specific problem?

Get over it.
actually asshat, i came here looking for an opportunity to learn something. maybe it was a common problem with the car, maybe i was giving someone an opportunity to show me some insight as to why the car was acting the way it was. i wasnt expecting to get 6 messages about how my brake fluid is low and i should watch my fluid levels better, and if that was going to be the case, at least a step by step from some of these "intellectual genius" we have here on the board, on how to actually track the problem if it wasnt just 1 thing. i know exactly how to maintain my car mechanically, and this was not a mechanical problem. my first guess was that it was always something electrical. after waiting for a response (which it took nearly a month for the first message reply) i began examining the car on my own, found the problem, assessed the error, found a solution, and corrected the issue at hand. the reason i even asked on this board is because im very aware that i dont know everything about my car. some people make it a point to know the ins and outs of the entire vehicle line, but on scionlife, such is not the case. i know that i dont hold all the information about my car, but at least i take the time to get my hands dirty, reverse engineer, and figure out whats going on if no-one else has a strategy. and honestly, there are only 3 major components to this problem, so your "several things" (is that a technical term by the way?) idea goes right out the window. your response is benine in the fact that you dont offer any technical advice either, so in essence, get bent.
X-eric-X
Old 11-01-2006, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, after reading your posts, i now get the meaning behind your name, "cement filled tc"
Old 11-01-2006, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Capital

X-eric-X
Your brake fluid is low.
X-eric-X

Get over it.
...and honestly, there are only 3 major components to this problem, so your "several things" (is that a technical term by the way?) idea goes right out the window.
Wow. Now that's a stretch to stick it to someone if I've ever seen one.

... after waiting for a response (which it took nearly a month for the first message reply) i began examining the car on my own, found the problem, assessed the error, found a solution, and corrected the issue at hand. ...
*Golf clap*
Old 11-02-2006, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

X-eric-X
Your brake fluid is low.
X-eric-X
Dude, I try to help you and you reply like that. What a retard. Ask any ASE certified technician or anyone who has read the damn manual. . . it's the first thing to check. 99% of the time, it's low brake fluid. Your problem was one in a million, and I gaurantee you that nobody else has had that same exact problem (save for maybe one other person as retarded as you). I didn't give you any attitude. . . I just wasted 10 seconds typing a post that tried to help. SORRY. Next time don't install your equipment at a crack house and maybe they won't crimp or screw up your wiring.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

chillout everyone. ok, we all made assumptions and placed empty blames here and there blah blah blah boohoo ::plays violin::

ok, it's over. now go on with your lives. thank you.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

From reading the most recent posts, I think I just figured out why MY e-brake light has been coming on in my mustang! I would like to think of Scionlife as a family (not that I have been a family member that long) that helps out eachother when ever anyone needs help. I know I would help out a family member any chance I get because family looks out for one another. Respect family and they respect you.

Sorry for the long post!
Old 11-02-2006, 08:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

X-eric-X
Your brake fluid is low.
X-eric-X
Dude, I try to help you and you reply like that. What a retard. Ask any ASE certified technician or anyone who has read the damn manual. . . it's the first thing to check. 99% of the time, it's low brake fluid. Your problem was one in a million, and I gaurantee you that nobody else has had that same exact problem (save for maybe one other person as retarded as you). I didn't give you any attitude. . . I just wasted 10 seconds typing a post that tried to help. SORRY. Next time don't install your equipment at a crack house and maybe they won't crimp or screw up your wiring.
crack house? the car is stock save suspension. and yes, i did ask an ASE certified mechanic, and mentioned the brake fluid thing, and he actually noted the idea, and then replied with "most people just think they know the solutions with easy, obvious answers." just cuz i didnt go and put some sickass neon lights under my 1.5L econo-car doesnt make my garage work ghetto. shouldnt you be driving a honda?
X-eric-X
Old 11-02-2006, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So from what I have gathered, there aren't any major drivability problems that go wrong then with the tC? ie. bad transmissions, bad rods, valves, etc. Just your normal rattles and crackles.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, good old scionlife... a crucial thread that is automatically sticky because its an important resource for the community, and it becomes another flamewar. A juvenile one at that.

My next car needs to be one meant for adults.

Quick Reply: Common tC Issues and Various Fixes