Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

convincing parents to let me upgrade??? PLZ HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

the mods he wants are easily removeable besides maybe the springs, but even those arent all that difficult
Old 10-12-2006, 07:22 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, but easily removeable to me would include springs and struts. What would his knowledge of installation be?
Old 10-12-2006, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have to deal wit ma mom sometimes...that why im putting so much money in the car.but im working for it..that's my excuse for it lol, even though my car is under ma bro..but still im making the payments for it, and im responsible for everyhting...cant wait for the turbo or supercharger
Old 10-13-2006, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man its times like these that make me grateful for having a dad who backs me on mods. tell ur parents that the mods gets u the babes. Saving their child from being a social outcast should make them think twice
Old 10-13-2006, 12:44 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The purpose and resulting posts in this thread reinforce the notion of, IF YOU DONT PAY FOR IT YOURSELF, YOU WONT LEARN RESPECT FOR YOUR BELONGINGS.

Your parents bought you a car, and instead of being happy about it. You are trying to find away to sneak around their back and get what you want. Suck it up, and live in the real world where everything isnt handed to you and there are rules to follow.
Be happy you have what you have and quit trying to beat the system. Its your parents you are trying to do a oneover on now, in the coming years, it will be society.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I am/ was in the same boat as u. its been a year and a few months since my dad bought my car. all i have so far is a system. he never wanted me to mod my car, but after lots of bugging i have seemed to break through to him. i ordered my springs and whatever else. he does not seem to mind as much now although he still tells me that my car doesnt need to be dropped. lol. anyway jus wait a while and see how it goes...
Old 10-13-2006, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jayjr
Its your parent's name on the title, its their car, how would you like it if they started putting crap on a car you bought? "hey son, look at these nice peter frampton sitckers i got for your car, let me stick them on your car"
LMAO!!! I may try that on my own kids someday…. “While you’re at it, check out these sweet @ss fart pipes that my generation drooled over.”

tcdrummer – Not trying to be mean, so don’t take this personally. It’s their car and they have their reasons. It might not even have anything to do with the car itself. It may just be their way to teach you some financial responsibility. If you can’t afford it, then don’t buy it. Once you take over car payments, insurance, and regular maintenance, go for it and spend some extra cash on your ride. But until then, just be grateful that you’re parents bought you a tC instead of a giving you a 60-month loan for a bicycle.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have the same issue with my parents.... <----and im 20 lol,

but anyway dude they gave me all kinds of ____, when i wanted my bodykit my dad was like it will attract the cops,

cai--->____ up engine
headers---> Dont go there lol
wheels--> he said id look like a ricer

but yeah his main thing was the warranty.. WHAT WARRENTY lol, there all bastards at the dealership, that wount even change out ur oil the right way, thats why you gotta do ur own thing man...

..believe me im doing it, and theey find out my dad is ____ed, oh well its over and done with lol
Old 10-13-2006, 01:42 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My mom still gets on me a bit and shakes her head when she sees me with my hood up, packages at the front door....She doesn't like it but my dad just says "Hey, it's his money and he works for it." I've gotten all I want for mine. I'm just going to save up for the next big buy......House and then maybe a ring ........then an Evo
Old 10-14-2006, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

must be nice that they bought you a car. id say pay for the car and you can do whatever you want. dont lie to your parents about it. they arent stupid and since they own the car they can just take it away. they probably modded their cars or wanted to were your age. why dont you show your parents what you want to do and the real pros and cons of it. they might be impressed that you researched it and let you try some of those things.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you think your parents are unreasonable, wait until you're married!
Old 10-14-2006, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I get that with my mom sometimes, my parents bought me the car and its on my name but they sorta feel its theirs to but they never drive it . But its always the excuse from them you already have a nice car are you ungrateful or something.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by smokeydog001
if you think your parents are unreasonable, wait until you're married!
I pretty much expressed the same sentiment earlier in the thread:
Originally Posted by Lil_Deuce_tCoupe
Ha ha! I'm a parent, and can mod all I want! Well, ok I lied - my wife doesn't understand why I need all this stuff on my car either, so most of mine have been...shall we say....without her knowledge.
So, if it ain't the parents, it's the wife - get used to it. Life sucks.
Good to know I'm not alone!
Old 10-15-2006, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

lol yea i know i want to do mods that if you dont understand why or have suited needs outsiders see as ridiculous or why do you need that? i guess i just like things to be wild and one of a kind. good luck though!
Old 10-15-2006, 09:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For those that are married, you’re S.O.O.L. It’s no longer “your” money, it’s “our” money. Reminds me of a joke I got in an e-mail involving beer, makeup, and the purpose of each in making someone look more attractive....
Old 10-15-2006, 12:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If married, you have to be extremely clever (lie like a dawg!) My CAI was to improve the performance and extend the life of the A/C! OTG shims to prevent the little car from tipping over! It helps if she's blonde!
Old 10-15-2006, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

When my parents gave me my first two cars, i couldnt do anything to them, bc it was their car. but once i bought my tC, my parents have no say. sure my dad says "well what was wrong with the stock one?" or "why did you have to change it, it was fine the way it was?" But then he remembers, i pay for the car, the car is in my name, and i am the one paying for the mods...so really he knows he can't say anything, plus once i do it,he is like "wow i really like the much better now." lol parents...
Old 10-15-2006, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wish mommy and daddy would buy my car for me. Could really use 16 grand to spend on my own. But yea. If they said no on somthing they paid for, it'd be pretty d!ck for you to put somthing on their car they don't want. Plus, ur parents could always sell ur car, tell u to go screw urself and buy ur own car if u do mod their car. I know my parents would if they paid for it.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member

Well for one SCION have their own brand of mods called TRD so if you bring them to the dealership or go yourself and bring back some information on the mods and show them scion actually does the installs and its guranteed by them im sure you will have no problem... intake system, exhaust and so fourth. SCION built these cars to be modded so why not mod them.....
Old 10-17-2006, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toeveryhour
Wow, you are so ungrateful. Show your parents some respect.

Quick Reply: convincing parents to let me upgrade??? PLZ HELP!!!