2005-2010 [ANT10]

Cops pick on my tC :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by liltofuboix
well im not sure about ur state like drax said. But 8k still shows a little blue. Oem white is like 5,300k or something or 5k while 6k is the diamond white. 8k should be a little bluish but still white so i guess they can pick on you about that. I know in washington they haven't really said anything about mine but i know people who have the agency power exhaust gets pulled over alot
True that!! I got pulled over in Southwest Washington where I live. I got a $200 ticket without warning and the cop said to take the exhaust off because he'll be watching for me. I listened to him and took my Agency Power exhaust off and swapped it for the TRD exhaust. I see the same cop like everyday!! I'm glad I took it off, because he said the tickets will double everytime and that he'll suspend my license after the third timeIt all depends on where you live. I've been pulled over for other mods to, but I got off with warnings.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats bogus dude. he can't suspend your license for an exhaust violation. he can only suspend your license for a moving violation. however he might be able to get the vehicles registration suspended for violation of state laws or something.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

And he still has to physically prove the car is out of compliance with some law. You dont have to just take the cops word for it you know.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Any HIDS in a reflector housing is obnoxious! Too may Dodges and Chevys around here are doing it and it's f*cking annoying. 5k would be max I would go on an HID kit. OEM HIDS are 4100-4300k.

Retro crew ftw!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I was in the left lane doing about 80 with a dodge ram on right side of me doing the same exact speed... cop spotted us both, and pulled me over. I actually slowed first and got behind the truck. He still only bagged me.

The tc sucks. Im so tired of driving around in a car that says nothing more than "HEY, im obnoxious, make me pay you"
Old 09-01-2009, 09:04 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

does the reflector housing in our 05-07 headlights intensify the glare that other driver's see.

i don't understand the want for wanting 8k HID. i understand the whole, "i want my light to have the blue tint when looking at them head on. but the point of HEADlights are to light they way. you can't see very well with 8k if it's dark enough outside. so you have what "looks cool" but can't really see; nor can't those in oncoming traffic.

keep in mind if someone hits you it's probably going to be your fault hands down.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by purpled_out_tC
does the reflector housing in our 05-07 headlights intensify the glare that other driver's see.

i don't understand the want for wanting 8k HID. i understand the whole, "i want my light to have the blue tint when looking at them head on. but the point of HEADlights are to light they way. you can't see very well with 8k if it's dark enough outside. so you have what "looks cool" but can't really see; nor can't those in oncoming traffic.

keep in mind if someone hits you it's probably going to be your fault hands down.
I have 8k HID's in my 09 projector headlights, I can see fine... and 8k's definitely are not a deep blue, a friend of mine has 6k's and we were comparing them last night, mine are a slight tint bluer, but its an icy blue not a deep blue.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have 8k on my 07 headlights and they light up the road way better then stock bulbs. and i do not blind on coming or people in front of me i checked and i have tailed friends. ive also passed friends and its no different from any other hid light out there. they do scatter a little bit but nothing that's going to be crazy.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you think cops pick on you then you havent seen much..haha cops pick on me. Once I got pulled over and searched like no other. They basically tore apart my ride and grabbed my ball sacks for a really dumb reason. They said my car matched the description of a get a way vehicle.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by purpled_out_tC
any reflector housing will have glare, even with the stock bulb. its just brighter and more noticeable with HIDs. blue HIDs dont help the cause either.

Originally Posted by Spoofa
I have 8k HID's in my 09 projector headlights, I can see fine... and 8k's definitely are not a deep blue, a friend of mine has 6k's and we were comparing them last night, mine are a slight tint bluer, but its an icy blue not a deep blue.
you have projector housings. even though they arent made for HIDs and only halogens, they still are a good projector for being halogen and will decrease the glare so its not as bad as having the reflector housing headlights (2005-07). 6k vs 8k is a noticeable difference but its always different because different companies make different sets of bulbs.

Originally Posted by CSUnited14
I have 8k on my 07 headlights and they light up the road way better then stock bulbs. and i do not blind on coming or people in front of me i checked and i have tailed friends. ive also passed friends and its no different from any other hid light out there. they do scatter a little bit but nothing that's going to be crazy.
you may not "blind" the oncomming traffic but it does produce more glare like i posted above which is still annoying as f*ck!

most small city cops probably dont care about these little illegal mods (unless you ask for trouble) and have more important things to do (at least i hope).
Old 09-02-2009, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I hate to break it to some of you, but besides the ones with obviously illegal stuff on your car (of course they will pull you over) it is your age and looks that draw more attention. I have only been pulled over in my tC 3 times.. and I was 11- 12 mph over each time. I have never been "profiled" because of the tC, period.

Now, back when my hair was mid back length, I got pulled over no matter what I drove. I cant remember how many times they used "probable cause" to search me for no reason due simply to my age demographic and looks. Unfortunately, if you are young (And especially if you have your hat cocked crooked) and driving a compact, you are drawing more attention. Doesnt make it right, but it isnt the car that is doing it all by itself. Blame the cops, not the car. You dont see Z06's with loud exhaust getting pulled over all the time do you? Thats because they are usually driven by older, more conservative looking adults.

And if you have HID's in regular non-projector housings, you ARE glaring people more than oem bulbs, period.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

BUT I WEAR MAH HAT CROOCEKDZ CUZ IMA GANSTA! *this was in caps lock but sl will change it to normal font adding this to add more emphasis to my sarcasm*
Old 09-02-2009, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

My head is like buzzed to nothing and I dont wear hats.. and im not 16 looking. I still get eyefcked by cops everywhere.

I even get normal people asking me if I get messed with by the cops because my car looks conspicuous lol. Ever since the CF hood, it's been twice as bad with the cops.. seriously

engifineer your car looks pretty stock and isnt real dark, or really bright and annoying... I wouldnt expect many cops to mess with you either way.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Even with my giant ricetastic wing, 'PTUNING.COM' decal, and obviously boosted sounds, the cops don't bother me.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

its cuz your white jon. Wait so am i.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

No, it's because I don't have tint, I keep my front plate on and I don't have ricer headlights.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Hahaha I got tint, and front plate so im good :D

ricer headlights are sooo KEWL THOUGH lol.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:34 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by Yanki01
any reflector housing will have glare, even with the stock bulb. its just brighter and more noticeable with HIDs. blue HIDs dont help the cause either.
yeah that's what i thought
Old 09-02-2009, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
No, it's because I don't have tint, I keep my front plate on and I don't have ricer headlights.

HAHA. I have been pulled for not having tint and I spent 20 mins on the side of the road while the two troopers looked at my back window, thinking I had tinit on it. My Car is almost stock Ped Spoiler and Fogs, and I still get looked at all the time.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe

Thats another thing.. the tint. In arizona the tint was fine, but around here they dont like it at all. Ive gotten used to it, so its staying. The headlights I keep off during the day, but the HID's really do give me more light at night and the cars low enough to not bother most people with the glare. No front plate needed in AZ either.

I could just imagine the crap id be getting if I had a kami wing.

Quick Reply: Cops pick on my tC :(