2005-2010 [ANT10]

Crashed 2009 Scion tC RS5.0

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
lol, i am a claim adjuster. my point is this, if you're involved in a miner fender bender, or you're in an accident with miner injuries, then no, you don't need a lawyer. if you're in a serious accident with real injuries, then yes, you may need a lawyer.

but there are also shady lawyers. i had a claim that got flagged for investigation, because the lawyer hired by one of the involved parties came up with warnings about defrauding insurance companies.
I wasn't referring to you=draxcaliber not knowing how insurance companies work since you're a claim adjuster you know how it works but not others, the "you" was in general and yes I agree with what you're saying to a certain extend: "if you're involved in a miner fender bender, or you're in an accident with miner injuries, then no, you don't need a lawyer. if you're in a serious accident with real injuries, then yes, you may need a lawyer" and yes lawyers can be shady as well, I'm glad the one that I got was recommended by at trusted source and has been in business for many years, glad it wasn't one I picked out of the yellow pages. BTW..minor injuries may seem "minor" at the moment, but may turn out to be more serious later down the line and by the time the person realizes that, its too late and can't do anything about it cause the case may be closed; so this is why it is better seeking legal advice from an attorney, a good one will tell on the spot if you have a case or not. I know adjustor's/insurance companies do not like lawyers for many reason's but they are ultimately there to protect the consumer(s) and get them what they deserve. Now once again I'm just giving my advice from past experiences with dealing with really bad adjustor's and insurance companies, I know they aren't all bad, but there's always 2 sides of the coin, if he wants to deal with it on his own, that's his choice and I wish him luck. draxcaliber please do not let this turn into a grudge match, not disrespecting you in any way, everybody has a right to their opinion I'm just sharing mine, thank you.

Last edited by gwtc; 08-01-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually, i prefer dealing with lawyers. they're usually much more logical, professional, easier to get a hold of and don't get personal over things.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default re

So Geico considered my car a total loss today, not that I'm surprised. The adjuster will let me take the TRD Brakes off of it but its out of my own pockert to tow it to a shop, get the work done, and then tow it back to the insurance lot. Dont know if that cost would be worth to do if i sell me bbk??

which leads me to my next question, would anyone be interested in buying my TRD BBK????
Old 08-08-2010, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sucks, what are you going to replace it with? a 6.0?
Old 08-08-2010, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man I would love to have the RS5.0 seats, rear sway bar, and strut bar from it. Oh well a person can dream lol.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how much are you selling the brakes for and do you have gap protection?
Old 08-08-2010, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MooSE55
Just an FYI but u both should go see a doctor and than a chirorpractor..I'm an exercise physiologist and I see this stuff all the time..however the problem is that the pain or referring symptoms may not be til even months after the accident..just bc u feel "ok" doesn't there was any structural damage done to ur spine which protects ur bodys ability to function..I'd advise going now and opening a claim and get everything checked out before settling. If not and u or ur passenger have issues down the road than it comes out of ur own pocket and it's expensive..just remember just bc u feel ok now doesn't mean damage wasn't dome that could affect u in ur 40s get it looked at man..I'm sure u have PIP insurance..
x2. I am a Chiropractor and see the long term damage to necks and backs that do not cause any problems right now. All it takes is some treatment now and you can avoid lots of problems in the future. And if you go get care now the car insurance covers it and you don't have to pay anything out of pocket but if you wait down the road it will take longer to get better and a lot more money.

Oh yeah and don't accept a settlement for you injuries until the doctor releases you from care. Once you accept their settlement they won't pay for any more injuries.