Damn some ppl, TC is down

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 12:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Damn some ppl, TC is down

Well after a long day at work I go home and go to sleep well a great way to start the morning is to head outside and see that some "____"s decided to mess with my car. I dont know anyone that would purposly target me or that I did anything to anybody. My car was keyed ALL OVER they had the nerve to etch profanity on it and also tried to rip my front bumper off. Now, my car is at the body shop and I have to rely on insurance to have my back. This is total BS I dont have a car to get to work have to ask my mom or GF to drop me off ....... I just hope after its fixed these "____"s dont come back to screw me over again. Boy if I catch them

I was wondering will this increase my insurance rate?
Old 01-26-2010, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ouch

damnn sorry to hear man that is rediculous, you just got some jealous people around i guess..about insurance im not sure how urs is but im pretty sure it might go up a little bit even though u didnt do anything, only bc they had to pay out for w/e happend. hopefully everything works out ok for u gl
Old 01-26-2010, 01:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damnn Mo.. that sucks bro. you got me scared now. i thought about buyin a surveillance camera set from radio shack that records using sd cards which is simple and easy. im buying it asap when i have spare money. let me know if anything goes down. i got you...and your insurance rates wont go up. just make sure you report it to your insurance as vandalism. they will just make you pay deductible.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

damm bro, this totally blows, probably some ricer who couldnt stand the fact that his life sucks, they shoulda cut their wrists!

hope it comes back better then before, time for change!
Old 01-26-2010, 01:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats sucks bro...i got hit too but not as bad as you.....i had my tc is my front drive way and i guess as you said someone got jealous and took off my RS1 lip kit and my car and my front grill......people know you have money and there jealoud bascially if they cant have it neither can you or i steal from you and you go buy another one or have it redone....so yea i feel your pain
Old 01-26-2010, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thanks for the replies I think Im gonna invest in a survellance thing also or a glock LOL

Does anyone feel like the insurance will total it cause the whole car needs to be painted and that costs a pretty penny? Its a 05 with 101000miles on it..... Motor has about 45 on it now and it was tranny swapped and of course all my mods

anyone got a set of 08+ headlights they trying to sell or give me
Old 01-26-2010, 01:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its was probaly someone you put buslengths on lol j/k hope everything gets fixed
Old 01-26-2010, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by mospeedtc
Thanks for the replies I think Im gonna invest in a survellance thing also or a glock LOL

Does anyone feel like the insurance will total it cause the whole car needs to be painted and that costs a pretty penny? Its a 05 with 101000miles on it..... Motor has about 45 on it now and it was tranny swapped and of course all my mods

anyone got a set of 08+ headlights they trying to sell or give me
They will not total it....

My vote, camp out with a baseball bat. If they are on the street when you chase them down and beat them to a bloody pulp. Drag them to your property and claim self defense.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would call your insurance company and see what they say.....just say some jealous freak or freaks was jealous of my car and decided to key the whole car and needs to be repainted.....if you have before and after pictures of the car they would probably request that but i also think they made raise your insurance also cause if it happen once ill probably happen again (knock on wood)but myself i didnt go through my insurnace cause i didnt have damage like you did just had to replace some inexpensive parts.....
Old 01-26-2010, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

damn dude sorry to hear dont have an alarm on it? sounds like time to put a hit out on someone
Old 01-26-2010, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn bro that sucks..I say camp out n be strapped with m16 n desert eagle or juss snipe the b****! lol but ur insurance won't raise ur rates but gl with the fix up.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pretty sure they won't total the car over a paint job and maybe replacing a bumper. a car is totalled if the cost to repair the damage is high, and that is usually when the repair requires extensive body and mechanical work.

also, on your insurance, this would go under comprehensive or perhaps under/un insured motorist. so your rates can not go up because this is something that is beyond your control not something that you did. your insurance only goes up if you have a collision claim that you are at fault for, or you get tickets for moving violations.

sorry this happened man, but it is just a minor set back.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

it scares me most because I was piecing things together for the new look and now if I do it now theres no guarantee it wont happen again. Oh well ahead with my plans I guess....

Will post updated pics the car when its out. its not gonna look the same, maybe a little LOL
Old 01-26-2010, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow man that sucks....i know how you're feeling, they broke ALL my windows just a few months after i got the tC...when I got it back i remember i didnt go to sleep till like 4 waiting for them if they did it again. but nothing
Old 01-26-2010, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
pretty sure they won't total the car over a paint job and maybe replacing a bumper. a car is totalled if the cost to repair the damage is high, and that is usually when the repair requires extensive body and mechanical work.
An automobile is declared to be a total loss when the cost of replacing it(i.e. cut a check and say "good luck finding another car" ) is less than the cost of fixing it. Of course, there are extremes that go beyond this definition.

Personal example, I have a 1966 Mustang that has been restored from the ground up with a 302 from an 84 and a 5 speed Tremec from a 93 5.0 GT, insurance values it at 18,500...the car would have to be burned to a crisp and smashed by a Semi-trailer to have it totalled as most parts on a Mustang can be mended with a rock and a piece of string.

So unless a paint job and a front bumper exceed the value of your car, you should be good to go.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that sucks man! There are a lot of hateful people around that like to mess with stuff they cant have.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My neighbor is a FN rep. I know he gave me a great deal on my Five-seveN and my P(s)90. I don't know if you can get a burst or full auto license in your state but I can get all of that good stuff from him. I was about to buy a new F(s)2000 from him with the expanded clip for like 1500 bucks and the burst expander and foregrip were an extra 400. If you would like I can snag em and sell them to you.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by minter66
An automobile is declared to be a total loss when the cost of replacing it(i.e. cut a check and say "good luck finding another car" ) is less than the cost of fixing it. Of course, there are extremes that go beyond this definition.

So unless a paint job and a front bumper exceed the value of your car, you should be good to go.

My friend that works at the body shop my car is at is afraid they will total it because its a 2tone... My turbo kit alone is worth more than the paint job should LOL
Old 01-26-2010, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

they shouldnt total cuz its two tone. my buddy's xb (broken_20_2 on here) was white with a flat black stripe down the center of the whole thing and they key'd the ____ outta it, and they paid for it to get repainted and what not (and this was with geico)
Old 01-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mospeedtc
My friend that works at the body shop my car is at is afraid they will total it because its a 2tone... My turbo kit alone is worth more than the paint job should LOL
Yea Insurance said it would cost 1800 for ONE SIDE of my two tone. So it can be a bit expensive.

Quick Reply: Damn some ppl, TC is down