Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

the dealer crashed my car...pics up on page 4...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, the loss of value on your car is should definitely be amended.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Yeah I would push for a new car or the ground effects and S/C because they just made your resale way lower. If not, threaten a lawsuit, because everyone knows that you would win that one for compensation for the loss on resale.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Hamer Toyota that's how I feel about them hurting your baby!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

SEE!!! thats why im lucky my godfather works at north hollywood!!! i live down the street from hamer lol. but i would push for free accesories
Old 04-20-2007, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It won't show up on a Carfax if its not reported, folks. An incident has to reported to either the police or insurance for it to show up on a carfax report... another reason why carfax isn't 100% reliable.

Originally Posted by sddykstr
Yeah I would push for a new car or the ground effects and S/C because they just made your resale way lower. If not, threaten a lawsuit, because everyone knows that you would win that one for compensation for the loss on resale.
Ironically, those things will lower your resale value as well
Old 04-20-2007, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

point and
Thank God I don't work with a bunch of morons.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Holy crap! That really sucks. Definately try to get something that you want out of them for that. Gas and brake are one of the first things we are born knowing!
Old 04-20-2007, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Seriously folks have you ever seen some of the window lickers that work at your local dealership. The porters are often young guys with not much of an education. They get a car that is cool and they get a little happy with them. Little stuff like changing my radio station always ____es me off. I always put it on one of those talk radio am stations just to make sure. Good dealer people turn it off,sketchy change the station. I seriously doubt the dealership is going to compinsate you more than fixing the damage they caused but by all means ask them for what ever you can get, even if it is parts at cost.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

seriously...i would make them give you a brand new tC...fully loaded with anything you want...and keep your payments the same...or take them to court
Old 04-21-2007, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i bet that guy who crash your tC, get fired after this incident!

and ask them go get some freebie! you demand it!
Old 04-21-2007, 04:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

so the car went to the body shop this afternoon..$1600 worth of damage..all cosmetic..hood..grill..front bumper..only major things...they are also going to replace my rear tailight for free and have the small dings and dent i have on the side of the car removed...i couldnt push for any more..they really wouldnt give in to that..i just want my frickin car back...it isnt being reported and hopefully the car remains the same great car it is...would be too much trouble to get a comprable car with same miles..so im lettin the dealer fix the car back up only with new parts no body work such as bondo...all new stuff...so car should be good as new...
Old 04-21-2007, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

canogo park huh...i wonder if its the dealer im thining of...

anyway they should pay for everything 100% and not give you a hard time for being stupid
Old 04-21-2007, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe he was stoned, it is 4-20
Old 04-21-2007, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

I would ask the for a brand new one ! Clean trade in !
Old 04-21-2007, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

what do you mean they won't let you do more...now it's gonna bring down your value for resale once you decide to sell it...i would threaten to sue if they don't give you a new one with all the options...they're pullin BS on you...that good old dealer BS! Don't let em take advantage of you man...sue sue sue!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

So if you goto trade it in they will feel for and most likely find a paint line on your front fenders..... But on a side note I worked as a porter for Lexus and Im educated so I take offense to that. Granted now we did beat the holy hell out of those cars......
Old 04-21-2007, 06:37 AM
SL Member

Default Some of you are kinda harsh

I am a tech at a Toyota dealer now. Worked for a few dealerships over the last five years. When you drive around 10 cars a day everyday accidents will happen.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:01 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They should repair your vehicle to your satisfaction, provide you with an equivalent loaner until you get yours back, and offer you a bit extra to cover your distress. Fixing the tail and small dings was a good start, tossing in lifetime oil changes would be nice.

I wouldn't expect much more than that.

At least they didn't drop it of a lift or something like they did with this Lotus Elise... http://www.my914-6.com/crap/

Sorry about the damage!

Tom
Old 04-21-2007, 03:07 PM
SL Member

Seriously folks have you ever seen some of the window lickers that work at your local dealership. The porters are often young guys with not much of an education. They get a car that is cool and they get a little happy with them. Little stuff like changing my radio station always ____es me off. I always put it on one of those talk radio am stations just to make sure. Good dealer people turn it off,sketchy change the station. I seriously doubt the dealership is going to compinsate you more than fixing the damage they caused but by all means ask them for what ever you can get, even if it is parts at cost.
Sketchy change the station. You are probably one of those people that gets mad when we rifle through your glove box. Hey we didn't rifle through your glove box. We were changing/checking the cabin filter. I tell you what ____es me off is when a customer brings in thier vehicle with the radio as loud as it could go. That is just rude. Have some common sense. Do em a favor and always leave it off
Old 04-21-2007, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="paul34"]It won't show up on a Carfax if its not reported, folks. An incident has to reported to either the police or insurance for it to show up on a carfax report... another reason why carfax isn't 100% reliable.

This isn't true. When I sold my Excursion the guy who bought it told me there were 3 items showing up on Carfax. I looked at the report and it showed all the times it went in for warranty stuff. Insurance and police were never involved, so it was the dealer who reported it.

Quick Reply: the dealer crashed my car...pics up on page 4...