Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

the dealer crashed my car...pics up on page 4...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i smell some bull____. i bet he was tooling around in it and crashed it
Old 04-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...I looked at the report and it showed all the times it went in for warranty stuff. Insurance and police were never involved, so it was the dealer who reported it.
Actually it was probably the manufacturer who reported warranty claims as 'incidents' so there would be a record.

Tom
Old 04-22-2007, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

leave it to a dealership to screw something so simple as moving a car up.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

wow, i hope you get some stuff out of it, cause that's gonna KILL your trade in value with the wreck showing up on your carfax.

gl
Old 04-22-2007, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

If I were you, I'd get a complimentary brand new replacement tC...
Old 04-22-2007, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have to pull through a service bay with a bunch of other people, so no, I dont blast my stereo. What I dont like is the way some dealerships handel other peoples stuff. If you are not one of them you have nothing to worry about, however, incidences like this show that it does happen.

Originally Posted by Blacktoast
Seriously folks have you ever seen some of the window lickers that work at your local dealership. The porters are often young guys with not much of an education. They get a car that is cool and they get a little happy with them. Little stuff like changing my radio station always ____es me off. I always put it on one of those talk radio am stations just to make sure. Good dealer people turn it off,sketchy change the station. I seriously doubt the dealership is going to compinsate you more than fixing the damage they caused but by all means ask them for what ever you can get, even if it is parts at cost.
Sketchy change the station. You are probably one of those people that gets mad when we rifle through your glove box. Hey we didn't rifle through your glove box. We were changing/checking the cabin filter. I tell you what ____es me off is when a customer brings in thier vehicle with the radio as loud as it could go. That is just rude. Have some common sense. Do em a favor and always leave it off
Old 04-22-2007, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
They should repair your vehicle to your satisfaction, provide you with an equivalent loaner until you get yours back, and offer you a bit extra to cover your distress. Fixing the tail and small dings was a good start, tossing in lifetime oil changes would be nice.

I wouldn't expect much more than that.

At least they didn't drop it of a lift or something like they did with this Lotus Elise... http://www.my914-6.com/crap/

Sorry about the damage!

Tom
x2

You should also get your next tune-up for free
Old 04-22-2007, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bottom line : It should be replaced , NOT FIXED , by the dealer with a TC of equal value before the smash or offer you a very good trade value toward a new one . Fixing it does not put the baked on paint back on . Free oil changes and stupid stuff like that is icing . You deserve the money your car was worth . I see this as a great opportunity to get another TC . And I am really sorry to hear this . That is horrible . GOOD LUCK
Old 04-22-2007, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dang that would suck, but it happens im sure we all have made the gas mistake before
Old 04-22-2007, 09:06 PM

Very rarely would I lose my tempter at something, but this would seriously send me off the deep end. I worked as a lot attendant for a few months, driving cars ALL over. Its a matter of respect towards the owners vechile, no matter WHAT car it is.

As for the radio, if I was to change the station, I always made sure that it went back to the same radio station that it was previously on.

Bottom line of this is....I would be not asking, but DEMANDING more compensation on top of getting the dings and busted tail replaced. I wouldnt go for the s/c, but maybe the lip kit, or something more cosmetic, since that is what they damaged.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

kno what i would do... i would make them replace the whole car with a new one since you only got 10g miles on it... hey its not your fault... its ONE of their mans fault... and if they wont replace the whole car... i would sue them... sorry... im an ___ like that...
Old 04-23-2007, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by falkor
Bottom line : It should be replaced , NOT FIXED , by the dealer with a TC of equal value before the smash or offer you a very good trade value toward a new one . Fixing it does not put the baked on paint back on . Free oil changes and stupid stuff like that is icing . You deserve the money your car was worth . I see this as a great opportunity to get another TC . And I am really sorry to hear this . That is horrible . GOOD LUCK
So let me get this straight. The car was not totaled. It was crashed and the damage was strictly cosmetic- no frame damage, airbags didn't deploy. You guys are demanding a new car only because this was the dealer's fault. If you got into a fender bender with some little old lady you wouldn't ask her insurance for a new car, so I don't see the difference. Everyone here is trying to take advantage of the situation and that is just wrong.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by midgie
So let me get this straight. The car was not totaled. It was crashed and the damage was strictly cosmetic- no frame damage, airbags didn't deploy. You guys are demanding a new car only because this was the dealer's fault. If you got into a fender bender with some little old lady you wouldn't ask her insurance for a new car, so I don't see the difference. Everyone here is trying to take advantage of the situation and that is just wrong.
Well actually, if I was in a fender bender with anyone, I would get everything replaced and make them give me a few thousand that way I could get out of that one thats been wrecked and into a brand new one. A car is never the same after its been wrecked.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unless you are driving a clunker you aren't going to get a new car for a few thousand dollars. Plus I don't know what person is going to fix your car AND give you $$$ to appease you unless there were injuries involved.
Don't get me wrong, if my car was in for routine service and the dealership crashed my car I would be royally ____ed too. But if there was no damage to call it "totalled" as long as it repaired to factory specifications there is no reason to demand a new car.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

heres some depressing pics
Old 04-23-2007, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rex x's is all i get
Old 04-23-2007, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blazeplacid
rex x's is all i get
ditto
Old 04-23-2007, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pics not working
Old 04-23-2007, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, are you guys SERIOUS!? Just because the dealer made a mistake they should fix it, give some free oil changes and a rental. & you guys are saying A WHOLE NEW CAR? Just cuz a front bumper, grill & hood were damaged? C'mon guys, GET REAL & think reasonably. A whole new car is ridiculous and asking WAYYYYY too much & I'm not saying that just because I'm hooked up by Hamer.

EDIT: & maybe i'm saying that because when my car was in the shop I drove out & my whole wheel came off cuz of a stupid mistake of not torqueing down the lug nuts. My whole front end smashed into the ground, my fender caved in & my rotor got messed up. & on top of that, I missed HIN & I was satisfied with just getting all my stuff repaired.

bottom line, ACCIDENTS HAPPEN....don't expect too much, it's selfishness.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by midgie
I agree with you 100%.

Quick Reply: the dealer crashed my car...pics up on page 4...