Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

the dealer crashed my car...pics up on page 4...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xdaflipguyx
kno what i would do... i would make them replace the whole car with a new one since you only got 10g miles on it... hey its not your fault... its ONE of their mans fault... and if they wont replace the whole car... i would sue them... sorry... im an butt like that...
Evidently. That's SO wrong.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Old 04-23-2007, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would have them buy you all new parts for your car, provide a rental while it is being repaired, and never let them touch my car again. i am not going to trust my car to some idiot who can't remember which pedal does what.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

did you ask for anything in return for the damage??? seriously ask them for the OEM kit...i have a feeling they will do it.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"oh now! the left brake pedal isn't working!!!"
Old 04-23-2007, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol, ask them to give you the rs3 kit :drool:
Old 04-23-2007, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
"oh now! the left brake pedal isn't working!!!"

It's CF hood time!
Old 04-23-2007, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

effin stealerships...

duhh I thought the brake was on the right on this car...
Old 04-23-2007, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I WOULD GET SOME MONEYY OUT SINCE YOU HAVE A RECORD OF AN ACCIDENT IN YOUR CARFAX
Old 04-23-2007, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and also will lower your trade value
Old 04-23-2007, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

carfax is so much bs. my car has been in two collisions since i've had it. both documented and repaired with claims filed through insurance companies. my car's history is empty. it only says that it was registered for personal use in maryland.

so don't automatically assume that every time your car is in an accident the internet knows about it.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Guys (and gals) whether or not you realize it, a lot of vehicles are damaged in shipping, and repaired at the port or dealership before they are ever sold.

As an example, one of my Volvo's apparently had it's hood damaged before it was ever delivered to my Volvo dealer, and it was repaired/painted at the port bodyshop (yes, there is a bodyshop at the port...). I didn't know about it, the dealer didn't know about it, and the repair job was not noticeable at all when the car was delivered to me with about 12 miles on the odo.

After about a year, though, the paint in the area of the hood that was "fixed" at the port was chalky and dull rather than shiny like the rest of the vehicle.

I ended up fixing that out of my pocket.

What I'm saying, folks, is that nice new car you just picked up with close to zero miles on it may already have been in the bodyshop a couple of times before you ever saw it - even before the dealer saw it.

If the dealer fixes the damage they caused on this one, they've actually done all they need to do. If they go beyond that they are doing it because they care about their customer, not because they have to.

Going back to my original post in this thread. If the dealer fixes the damage properly (new parts/good paint), provides a decent loaner, and maybe throws in oil changes while you own it, they have gone that step beyond that good dealers do.

To damned many people jump at every chance to get 'something for nothing' and try to turn the everyday occurrences of living to their advantage by essentially stealing from others. *sigh*

The "Damn! My dealer got my windows dirty, they owe me a bodykit" kind of thinking is just plain extortion/theft.

Aren't we better than that?

Tom
Old 04-24-2007, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok here is what I'd do. Id get the rental car, take a big crap on the back seat and return it. Make sure you take out the optional insuarance though. That is if the rental comes from the dealer.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
carfax is so much bs. my car has been in two collisions since i've had it. both documented and repaired with claims filed through insurance companies. my car's history is empty. it only says that it was registered for personal use in maryland.

so don't automatically assume that every time your car is in an accident the internet knows about it.
lucky you!
i havent checked mine... i hope mine doesnt show up too lol
did u pay to check your history?
Old 04-24-2007, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can agree with most of what tomas said. but the problem i have with dealerships is that i go to them and i pay full price and i expect there there is no greater authority than toyota itself that knows how to properly take care of my car. they spend so much time convinving you that they will take the best care of your car money can buy and then they take it and crash it because they mixed up the gas and brake pedal?

i would ask them if their people can't properly operate a passenger vehicle, in what way are they qualified to work on my car? i'm not saying they should buy the guy a new cf hood and body kit, but they should definetely go beyond simpley reparing the damage and providing a rental car if they want to keep my business and continue to service my car. lifetime free synthetic oil changes? or perhaps a few vouchers for a complete detailling of the car. etc.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and yea i would ask if u can get anythin out of it
because u gotta go through all the pain and shxt + accident history.
rental car is a must.
at least couple free oil changes maybe?
Old 04-24-2007, 05:16 AM

damn that sucks
Old 04-24-2007, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey guys, im 17 and i dont have a credit card. i totaled my last tc and i went on carfax and saw it has like 5 records or sumtin. if anyone has teh 24.99 thing on carfax which is for unlimited reports, would u mind to let me use ur account to see what records my old car has? or i ca give u the vin to check it out for me and pm me what it is. thanks =]
Old 04-24-2007, 07:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To those who think fixing the problem they created is enough... that's ridiculous. They need to make sure the customer is satisfied, or face the consequences of bad word-of-mouth. I have no doubt that a dissatisfied customer, if vocal enough, could really hurt a dealership's bottom line.

If this happened to me, and all I was offered was repair and a loaner, I would tell everybody I know to avoid that dealership. Word can spread quickly.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member

to the guy that said that many cars are damaged durring shipping is right, but at my dealership i work at, all cars that are damaged in any way are sent back. And we receive new cars to replace the defective ones. only shady places try to fix something. In the long run the dealership is losing money. Haveing to pay someone to fix it, and then if it doesn't work having to take care of a customer complaint when that car comes back. It adds up and isn't worth it. Toyota has very high exspectations of their products and they do not want that shady stuff happening.

Quick Reply: the dealer crashed my car...pics up on page 4...