Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

the dealer crashed my car...pics up on page 4...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 02:49 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My friend who used to work at the local port's body shop concession saw hundreds of cars run through the shop every month, then delivered to the dealers with no paperwork showing it had happened. No matter how serious a dealership is about selling only unblemished new cars, they probably sell some that have been repaired before they ever saw them.

I applaud your dealership on trying to do the right thing, MeanTc.

Tom

P.S. Those cars you sent back are probably just repaired and shipped to another dealer - they get yours just as you probably get some of theirs.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ktwo
To those who think fixing the problem they created is enough... that's ridiculous. They need to make sure the customer is satisfied, or face the consequences of bad word-of-mouth. I have no doubt that a dissatisfied customer, if vocal enough, could really hurt a dealership's bottom line.

If this happened to me, and all I was offered was repair and a loaner, I would tell everybody I know to avoid that dealership. Word can spread quickly.
I think stealing is ridiculous too. "Give me a body kit that I didn't have prior to the accident or I'm going to bad mouth you". I would not go back to that dealership for service for sure but I would not make childish demands "to keep my satisfaction". They need to repair 100% what they damaged and that is enough. Anything above and beyond that is by the goodness of their hearts but in no way are they obligated.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by oni424
Ok here is what I'd do. Id get the rental car, take a big crap on the back seat and return it. Make sure you take out the optional insuarance though. That is if the rental comes from the dealer.
They keep records of who rented what car on what date.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Uh, I just called Hamer. Why don't they know anything about this?
Old 04-27-2007, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Originally Posted by kiss_kiss_kill
Do you honestly believe they are going to admit it ever happened, especially to another customer?
Old 04-27-2007, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bryan, I talked to Keith & he told me he usually hears about this stuff, but he hadn't heard anything so maybe it was just him. He wanted to see this thread and everything cuz he doesn't believe me. I don't think Keith would lie about it, especially to me.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

guys...Im not saying the dealership didnt make a mistake by crashing your car, but you ever hear of the law of averages? Its a car dealership, and cars are being driven all day everyday and its bound to happen once in a while. As far as trying to get more out of the dealership than what the damage is other than maybe some lifetime oil changes for free, that is basically being a thief.
Tomas, as far as port damage, the port is not inclined to let you know that there is damage to the vehicle, but it does show up on the invoice or MSO of the vehicle. It is illegal to hide info like that
Old 04-28-2007, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

tell them you will fill out the survey card and name names!!
Old 04-28-2007, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by oni424
Ok here is what I'd do. Id get the rental car, take a big crap on the back seat and return it. Make sure you take out the optional insuarance though. That is if the rental comes from the dealer.
Best idea I've heard...
Old 04-28-2007, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by midgie
Originally Posted by ktwo
To those who think fixing the problem they created is enough... that's ridiculous. They need to make sure the customer is satisfied, or face the consequences of bad word-of-mouth. I have no doubt that a dissatisfied customer, if vocal enough, could really hurt a dealership's bottom line.

If this happened to me, and all I was offered was repair and a loaner, I would tell everybody I know to avoid that dealership. Word can spread quickly.
I think stealing is ridiculous too. "Give me a body kit that I didn't have prior to the accident or I'm going to bad mouth you". I would not go back to that dealership for service for sure but I would not make childish demands "to keep my satisfaction". They need to repair 100% what they damaged and that is enough. Anything above and beyond that is by the goodness of their hearts but in no way are they obligated.
i agree with ktwo on this one..car wont be the same after it has been in an accident (i've been in a pretty minor one). sure they could fix it and make it look normal again, but other negative effects might occur later on down the rode. his car was accident free when he brought it in, and it didnt come out the same way. NOTHING can change that fact unless they offered a trade, which they didnt. if that happened to me, they better offer me a damn good trade-in deal. if not, go ahead and fix my car and when i come to pick it up, im bringing the local tv news people with me and make sure that their name crashes and burns.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow... i have so many questions, wtf? he forgot which pedal does what? how do you do that? someone gave this person a drivers license?
Old 04-28-2007, 06:47 AM
5 Year Member

Cars that are sent back are take'en to some plant... i forget where and they are repaired and they are sold at auction.. since they can't legally be called new cars, but their mileage is of a new car. once a car is damaged more then a paint scuff it is not new. And it is sold and on its title it shows it was damaged.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by meanTc05
Cars that are sent back are take'en to some plant... i forget where and they are repaired and they are sold at auction.. since they can't legally be called new cars, but their mileage is of a new car. once a car is damaged more then a paint scuff it is not new. And it is sold and on its title it shows it was damaged.
the way it works is if the damage exceeds 3-5% of the vehicles value it cannot be sold as new and must be sold as a used vehicle or most dealerships will just register the vehicle as a demo and sell it used after the demo is up.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

why would u call the dealership to ask about my car? they still have my damn car and now that u have stirred some ____ up with hamer letting all of their people know i have a post online about them u are putting my car at even more risk...why in the hell would u call them...why would i lie about this....tina u didnt need to do that..i am not slandering hamer in anyway..i just am telling the story...they are doing what a good dealership does and taking care of my needs...i no way is this dealer neglecting to satisfy the customer..read all of my posts none say any negative things other than that they crashed my vehicle which is a fact not an opinion...they took care of my rental and am hopefully getting the care back sometime this week...pete fernandez is doing a great job of keeping me posted...accidents happen and i understand that..like any of u..i just want MY car back...
Old 04-30-2007, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Skyflakes
why would u call the dealership to ask about my car? they still have my damn car and now that u have stirred some poop up with hamer letting all of their people know i have a post online about them u are putting my car at even more risk...why in the hell would u call them...why would i lie about this....tina u didnt need to do that..i am not slandering hamer in anyway..i just am telling the story...they are doing what a good dealership does and taking care of my needs...i no way is this dealer neglecting to satisfy the customer..read all of my posts none say any negative things other than that they crashed my vehicle which is a fact not an opinion...they took care of my rental and am hopefully getting the care back sometime this week...pete fernandez is doing a great job of keeping me posted...accidents happen and i understand that..like any of u..i just want MY car back...
I'm friends with Keith in the service department and I was AT Hamer and happened to ask him about it. I'm not jeopardizing anything for your car. I simply just asked about it. If you wanted to do everything the right way you wouldn't have posted their name on the forum in the first place because you probably ruined sales for them. Just like when my damn wheel FLEW OFF my car while driving & I had to miss HIN because of it and lost over $500 worth of stuff just for that show, I didn't go on a forum with millions of users on it & flame the shop. If they were taking care of you why would you mention their name and screw THEM over? It goes both ways, and if your cars being taken care of right now they're not gonna go "OH, LOOK, THIS GUY POSTED OUR NAME ON THE FORUM, LETS TAKE ALL OUR STUFF BACK AND LET HIM DRIVE AROUND WITH HIS MESSED UP CAR". Nothing would've changed whether I would've talked to them or not.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Skyflakes
why would u call the dealership to ask about my car? they still have my damn car and now that u have stirred some poop up with hamer letting all of their people know i have a post online about them u are putting my car at even more risk...why in the hell would u call them...why would i lie about this....tina u didnt need to do that..i am not slandering hamer in anyway..i just am telling the story...they are doing what a good dealership does and taking care of my needs...i no way is this dealer neglecting to satisfy the customer..read all of my posts none say any negative things other than that they crashed my vehicle which is a fact not an opinion...they took care of my rental and am hopefully getting the care back sometime this week...pete fernandez is doing a great job of keeping me posted...accidents happen and i understand that..like any of u..i just want MY car back...
I'm friends with Keith in the service department and I was AT Hamer and happened to ask him about it. I'm not jeopardizing anything for your car. I simply just asked about it. If you wanted to do everything the right way you wouldn't have posted their name on the forum in the first place because you probably ruined sales for them. Just like when my damn wheel FLEW OFF my car while driving & I had to miss HIN because of it and lost over $500 worth of stuff just for that show, I didn't go on a forum with millions of users on it & flame the shop. If they were taking care of you why would you mention their name and screw THEM over? It goes both ways, and if your cars being taken care of right now they're not gonna go "OH, LOOK, THIS GUY POSTED OUR NAME ON THE FORUM, LETS TAKE ALL OUR STUFF BACK AND LET HIM DRIVE AROUND WITH HIS MESSED UP CAR". Nothing would've changed whether I would've talked to them or not.
I agree with your point that the dealership was flamed when he initially posted the name of the dealership. However, IMHO you stuck your nose where it didn't belong and started drama for him when he does go back to that dealership to pick up his car. Having friends at the dealership is no excuse for running there to tattle tell especially when they are in process of rectifying the situation. Again, JMHO
Old 04-30-2007, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i don't think its right to not tell anyone about your problems. nobody does and thats unfortunately how the world works if you have bad service, fault or no fault

i have been a Scion Manager for 3 years here and i finally bought one for myself. ill just say that if my car was ever under the care of a dealer and something like this happened i would probably loose it.

what i DO know is that "repairing" it doesn't bring it back to mint, which is the condition its in thats the part that stings me about reading this whole thread. it doesn't matter what they do it will never be exactly right. paint NEVER matches after the fact, fit and operations can be affected as well and i notice it all.

bottom line some people are more picky than others but it just goes to show that you really need to trust who you let touch your cars because things like this can happen and there isn't much recourse for the consumer.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if a local dealership crashed a customer's car for a careless reason like this, i would like to know about it so that i could avoid that place..honestly, if you had no friends or personal connections with the dealership, and you found this out, would u really wanna go to this place? the OP is just sharing his experience at the place, and he did say they were taking care of everything. it's up to the readers to decide whether or not they want to do business at the dealership. and there is a "Buyer/Seller Experiences" subforum here for a reason.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Wow... some people expect the world. The car is being repaired. Did any of you see the pictures??? Labor and materials cost add up, but the damage wasn't like it hit a brick wall at 40 mph. Get real people.

As long as the customer is being taken care of (and repairing more than what was damaged and giving free loaner for the duration of repair is good). All of this "I'm going to slander your dealership" & "Toyota service shops never have accidents" is just plain unrealistic and unwarranted.

It is an unfortunate situation that is being addressed. Sorry to hear that happened to you buddy, hope you get the car back soon.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

i got my car back today...good as new...hamer took care of it..i dont really think that by me puttin their name of their dealership affected their sales in any way...toyota is # in sales as u can see..so i highly doubt that this post ruined sales...or if they care........tina...i respect u highly...but think as if u werent hamer sponsored u would be ____ed off too and post ur story if another dealer did the same to u too...like i said hamer is a great dealer and i was just telling my story...dont hate me tina..we are myspace buddys..lol

Quick Reply: the dealer crashed my car...pics up on page 4...