Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

The dealership can't fix my car, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 05:40 AM

Default The dealership can't fix my car, now what?

I have a 2005 TC with the creaking/rattling/shifting roof. They tried all of the TSBs and even brought in a factory tech. The car has been torn apart 3 times now and by torn apart I mean the entire roof removed, the car looked like a convertible.

Instead of fixing the problem they made it worse, now it constantly creaks and even the motor rattles now. The glass panel is loose as hell now and is constantly shifting around making the annoying creaks even on smooth roads. It has to go back AGAIN to be taken apart, but I know they won't be able to fix it.

Now what? From what I understand to claim under the state lemon law it has to be done within the first year, but is there any federal law that protects me? I have a attorney that specializes in lemon laws on standby, but I'm waiting to see what my options are before going that route.

Has anybody else had to deal with Scion on a car that couldn't be fixed? It has become a nightmare and I am going nuts here.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:58 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your Nevada Lemon Law says:
If a buyer reports the nonconformity in writing to the manufacturer before the expiration of the manufacturer's express warranties or no later that one year after the date the motor vehicle is delivered to the original buyer, whichever occurs earlier, the manufacturer, its agent or its authorized dealer is required to make the necessary repairs to conform the vehicle to the express warranties. These repairs must be made even if the express warranty has expired or one year has passed since the original buyer received the vehicle.
Notifying the manufacturer must be done within the first year, but their trying to fix it, and final disposition can tahk place after that.

So, did you notify Scion/Toyota before the first year was up becomes the operative question, it seems.

Tom
Old 03-12-2007, 06:04 AM

I complained to the dealership within the first year and they tightened bolts/screws, otherwise it didn't really get bad until now. So, I don't know if that counts.

The 3 year bumper 2 bumper is still valid.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I'ld try talking to someone higher up...