Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 11:30 PM
ZTC
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default depression

have any of u guys on here ever felt super depressed? and if you got over it how long did it last?
i know its kinda random but i really need to know
Old 11-17-2007, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

Hey your young buddy. Everyone gets depressed. I just crashed my car and totaled it but im happy. Because I am alive and came out without a scratch. If your feeling really depressed you could always ask your doctor what he thinks. They do make medication for it. Or talk to someone.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

dont b sad...... sometimes life makes u feel like that, but look at the positive and everything will be great... in life there are many up and downs. jus hold ur head high during the down times and everything will be good.... =-)
Old 11-17-2007, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well it is important to find the root/cause of your unhappiness so you can fix the problem. For example family problems, money issues, girlfriend problems, trouble with school, etc. What is nagging on you the most?
Old 11-17-2007, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Figure out whats causing the depression and try not to over think things that would cause the depression. Easier said than being done. Will take time but maybe eventually it will tone down. Friends(chillin/talking), music, skate(gets my aggression out), girls :D, keep yourself busy doing productive things, look forward to things.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Yes I have suffered from sever depression..............even to the point of near death by overdose............if you are feeling down and it just will not go away please let someone know and seek help for it.I was able through medication and group therapy able to find the sorce of many of my reasons for it and through the medicine able to give my body the chemicals it was not producing to feel better.......

At your age life comes at you very fast and it is confusing.......trust me at your age most all you can see is right here and now and how you feel........you may think it will never be differant.........it can be though........
Old 11-17-2007, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't be sad when your life feels like shít. Remember that without shít, crops won't grow. Pain and trials only make you stronger. Stick to the 3Fs.

Family, friends and faith.

They'll see you thru.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

optimism>pessimism , I was depressed for awhile last month because my grandpa passed away a week before my birthday, and I was really close to him and he was really sick, he couldn't talk or eat for 2 weeks it was just very hard for me to see him in bed like that, so I was depressed for awhile for that and i still am at times to think back, but honestly what felt better was to talk to people about it, it feels good to let it all out
Old 11-18-2007, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Talk to people about it dude, everyone's been there at one time or another some less serious, some more serious than you.

Personally mine was all girl problems and it suuuuuucked.. atleast I thought it did.. I'm now engaged to the girl I had a crush on for 2.5 years in highschool. Things will get better..
Old 11-18-2007, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i hear cwayne with the 3F's...your family will help you through anything and whatever is making you down right now is nothing to worry about my guitar teacher that almost died of a brain anurism(sp sorry) used to say:

dont sweat the small stuff, because its all small stuff.

that saying has gotten me through a lot of hard times...feel better bro!!
Old 11-18-2007, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'd say eat decently healthy foods, get lots of sleep, get some exercise and fresh air, and go hang out with your buddies.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

combine everything said here and use that. the eating, sleeping, exercise, friends, family, and keep yourself busy. I got depressed because me and my girlfriend split about a month ago and thats when I really got started with my car. It pulled me right out of the depression.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Higgy
combine everything said here and use that. the eating, sleeping, exercise, friends, family, and keep yourself busy. I got depressed because me and my girlfriend split about a month ago and thats when I really got started with my car. It pulled me right out of the depression.
same here...i broke up with my fiance and got into my car more....it really helps as well
Old 11-18-2007, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

you just need to find the cause and the solution. for me i still dont know the casue, but .5mg three times a day is the solution... it makes me go
Old 11-18-2007, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we live to be on top of the world and dare to jump off.
When we do its the scrapes and bruises that determine if
we clime back up.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i used to get depressed for like 1 day and the next day i would be fine, but now i've been like this for like 2 weeks and i dunno wtf is going on, i'm going thru the same ____ i think the cause is not having money to mod my car.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:23 AM
SL Member

I would emphatically suggest that you talk with your health care provider (eg. Doctor) about this. I'm not suggesting that you need antidepressants, though they are a great option and over eighty percent of people treated with them respond well. Like the others have said, it's good to get to the cause of the depression and deal with it (if there is one). Antidepressants won't ever fix your problems but can certainly help your mood and energy level to get your body and mind ready to deal with psychosocial problems. Sadly, for many people, there is not an identifiable cause for depression and it is simply an organic disease in a way like diabetes. If you have it, it doesn't mean you are a bad person or weird. You just have it. There are many ways to treat depression. What's important to know is that it IS treatable. In fact, many people, when treated effectively can go off of medication and not need to be treated ever again. This usually takes six to nine months of medical therapy (eg. prozac, zoloft, etc.).

You are not alone in the way you feel though it may seem that way. I have a lot more that I can say but you really should talk with a professional if your mood is affecting your work, school, or relationships.

Lastly, if you ever feel like hurting yourself, others or even killing yourself, call 911 immediately!!!

Feel free to PM me if you want some more information. WebMD is also a great source as well as NAMI.org
Old 11-18-2007, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Aroddalobster
i'd say eat decently healthy foods, get lots of sleep, get some exercise and fresh air, and go hang out with your buddies.
thats about the best advice you can get, but don't expect to do it in a week.
around 6 months of strictly following the above and you will feel incredible(oh yeah the hanging out with your buddies is optional as friends can make you deviate from your routine)

screw drugs and anti-depressants the last thing you want to do is get hooked on drugs, street or medical.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Everyone gets depressed. The problem is when the depression is prolonged. There is medical treatment as well as behavioral and cognitive counseling that can help immensely. Having suffered from depression since I was younger than you I can say that it is beatable. I still have days when I feel down, but I refuse to dwell on them and the problems I have. I have been on and off with medication for years. One of the worst things that people can say to someone who is depressed is "Don't be." If I could have chosen to be happy then I would have, but I couldn't. It doesn't work that way. Also remember that the teenage years are tough in a lot of ways and the social pressures, physical and chemical changes, and stress can all lead to depression that will most likely be gone in a short while. Don't worry too much. Life is good when you are young and have no responsibilities.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Honestly, when you get "depressed" you have to think about how good you acctually have it. One day (I sell insurance) I was having a real crappy day selling insurance at a hospital. I saw someone who had burns of what looked to be about 85% over their whole body (face included) and several people that were either amputee's or had something seriously wrong. At lunch, I thought to myself.. Wow, it doesnt really matter how much money I make today, when I go home to my new house, my new tc, my new this and that.. I thought to myself that I am kind of "greedy" and I should be thankful for what I have, and where I am today. When you really appreciate who you are, and what you have (Friends, family, pets, a decent job, and people respect you) then everything seems O.K.

We ALL get down and out once in a while, but its O.K. - Its life! You can also use your "depression" in a creative way as an outlet. I paint, you could write - or make music, or work on your car.

IF your depression involves a woman.. best thing to do is to leave them alone for a while - do NOT dwell on a girlfriend.

Also, maybe talk to your parents or an uncle or someone your close to. Posting here was a first step, but you need to talk to someone who KNOWS you.

Quick Reply: depression