Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Doc Fees

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member

$35 doc fee at burien scion. im pretty sure youll only be charged the $35.00 dollars. since thats basically the licencing fee price or pretty close to it in washington now, unless you live in the seattle city limits then you gotta pay for that stupid monorail fund. dont quote me on it though, as there are dealers out there that might not be on the up and up. but i highly doubt bellevue scion would risk it seeng as it looks like kirkland scion is only charging 35, burien is charging 35, and so are both doxon scion in auburn and puyallup scion in puyallup.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by glyphic
$35 doc fee at burien scion. im pretty sure youll only be charged the $35.00 dollars. since thats basically the licencing fee price or pretty close to it in washington now, unless you live in the seattle city limits then you gotta pay for that stupid monorail fund. dont quote me on it though, as there are dealers out there that might not be on the up and up. but i highly doubt bellevue scion would risk it seeng as it looks like kirkland scion is only charging 35, burien is charging 35, and so are both doxon scion in auburn and puyallup scion in puyallup.
Well it's good to know everyone seems to be on the same page. At least it's not like the Atlanta folks on here who are all getting charged like $500. By the way, I am in Seattle, but the monorail fees only apply to registration renewals, so I don't think I'm getting charged for that the first time around.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ohh one more thing.
if you a new driver...
be prepared to pay for plates....
I forgot all bout plates... and when he threw the charge at me i was like what..
I need plates... To drive>>>> NO i dont!! lol.....
Old 08-17-2004, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics

dealers are probably raising the doc fee price on scions because they are so little profit (invoice price to msrp price) so they are trying to make some extra bank out of it buy bumping doc fee up a couple hundred. My doc fee was 180 i think.

Hey atleast most of you dont have to pay maine excise tax for registering your vehicle. My grandfather paid 80 dollars to register his $55000 H2 in connecticut and i paid 430 dollars to register my $18000 tC in maine what a rip off. ANd when i have to renew registration next year its probably going to cost 400 dollars!! argh i hate maine
Old 08-17-2004, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NoShiO
ohh one more thing.
if you a new driver...
be prepared to pay for plates....
I forgot all bout plates... and when he threw the charge at me i was like what..
I need plates... To drive>>>> NO i dont!! lol.....
I'm not a new driver, but I don't think I'll be transferring the plates from my other car (since that would make it pretty hard to sell). I wonder how much they'll ding me for on that one...
Old 08-17-2004, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by phillytc
dealers are probably raising the doc fee price on scions because they are so little profit (invoice price to msrp price)
This is the idea pushed by some dealers, but they conveniently forget that few pay full MSRP on other cars. The MSRP is an inflated fantasy price whose only purpose is to allow dealers to claim that the customer is getting a big discount.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The MSRP is an inflated fantasy price whose only purpose is to allow dealers to claim that the customer is getting a big discount.
Itsn't the Invoice the same thing? I know of atleast one Toyota dealer that routinely ssells below invoice if you haggle enough. They always claim "I'm taking a loss on this." But they couldn't be or else they wouldn't do it..
Old 08-17-2004, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sTalking_Goat
The MSRP is an inflated fantasy price whose only purpose is to allow dealers to claim that the customer is getting a big discount.
Itsn't the Invoice the same thing? I know of atleast one Toyota dealer that routinely ssells below invoice if you haggle enough. They always claim "I'm taking a loss on this." But they couldn't be or else they wouldn't do it..
Toyota gives the dealers a "holdback" of 2% that isn't shown on the invoice. Many dealers sell at the invoice price and make their profit from the holdback.

Don't worry about the dealers. If they were really taking losses they wouldn't be in business long.