Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Donor Car Available!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member

Default Donor Car Available!

A little over a month ago I got in an accident with my new tC. This is my first car and I really hate driving it with the mild damage it has. I spun out of control on the highway doing about 80. Luckily I used my driving skills to slow it down and I hit the barricade dead on going about 10 MPH or so. The only damage to the car is the front bumper and its only scrapes and what not. The hood slightly shifted to one of the sides due to the impact but it’s nothing serious. Due to me being a college student I have really no money to get this problem fixed. I'm looking for a company who is looking for a donor tC who would want to take in my baby and fix her up and as I start to hook up my car and place it in shows they will get advertisement space on my car with adding a vinyl sticker. If anyone is interested please reply to this post. Thank you!
Old 11-08-2004, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG, ok, number one your a new driver, you have no driving skills, and number 2, the fact that you have no drivieng skills is the reason you were spinning out of control.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ That's what I was thinking.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess you should have used those driving skills before doing the spinning @80 !
Old 11-09-2004, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

how do u spin out and lose control at 80MPH?
i go about 100 in my piece o' **** 1994 Mazda protoge with no problem.
(god, i can't wait to get my new tC)

do us a favor, and let us know when you're back on the road.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Donor Car Available!

Originally Posted by Enphekt
A little over a month ago I got in an accident with my new tC. This is my first car and I really hate driving it with the mild damage it has. I spun out of control on the highway doing about 80. Luckily I used my driving skills to slow it down and I hit the barricade dead on going about 10 MPH or so. The only damage to the car is the front bumper and its only scrapes and what not. The hood slightly shifted to one of the sides due to the impact but it’s nothing serious. Due to me being a college student I have really no money to get this problem fixed. I'm looking for a company who is looking for a donor tC who would want to take in my baby and fix her up and as I start to hook up my car and place it in shows they will get advertisement space on my car with adding a vinyl sticker. If anyone is interested please reply to this post. Thank you!
isnt this what you pay for car insurance for? why pay for it if your never gonna use it
Old 11-09-2004, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

If the damage is less than the deductable, then he would pay for it all. I know my is at 1G cuz I gotz the GAP :D. Lowers my payment and minor stuff I pay for anyways so insurance does not go up. If under a grand, might as well pay yourself since you will pay more in the long run with the insurance company paying the difference.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:48 AM
5 Year Member

I cant claim it cause less then a month of me having it a deer ran out on the road and messed up the passenger side of my car and claiming that raised my insurence a bit and my parents cant afford it getting higher
Old 11-10-2004, 12:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by sheep
If the damage is less than the deductable, then he would pay for it all. I know my is at 1G cuz I gotz the GAP :D. Lowers my payment and minor stuff I pay for anyways so insurance does not go up. If under a grand, might as well pay yourself since you will pay more in the long run with the insurance company paying the difference.
GAP is a good thing. My deductible is at 1G too.

Dude, how did the spinout happen? You have not mentioned this. I wont comment on your parents paying for your insurance because I don't know your situation, but I know I never really cared much for people who dont pay for ____ themselves.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I cant claim it cause less then a month of me having it a deer ran out on the road and messed up the passenger side of my car and claiming that raised my insurence a bit and my parents cant afford it getting higher
Pay for your own insurance. and your car. Trust me you'll appreciate it a lot more. Enough to not spin out of control on the highway.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member

I am still looking to buy a tC.. So you can Donate it to me and I'll take care of it for you..

Whether or not you will get it back, is another story.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

damn. i wish someone would give me a tC. wouldn't that be great?
Old 11-10-2004, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Tuners" or whatever you want to call them, are not interested in fixing a damaged car into a show car.

Either pony up the dough, call your insurance company, or live with a damaged car.