Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Dudes talkin trash on the 350z forums

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 01:42 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default Dudes talkin trash on the 350z forums

Check out what these 350z ___s are saying about our cars. Theyre really arrogant for having an overweight, relatively slow econosports car.

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...6&page=1&pp=20
Old 12-01-2005, 01:51 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I used to post there when I was set of a 350Z, then my wife realized it was a 2 seater. Needless to say no 350Z for me. Cant even compare the z to the tc tho. Two totally different cars so screw them
Old 12-01-2005, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Its a 350z forum... doesnt really matter to me. People here talk trash on other cars. I dont go to other forums just to listen in or start crap.

I could go on there and supply a list of issues with nissans including the 350z.

BUT, what point is there in going to another forum to start trouble???? I come here for info and such regarding the tC. Just dont go there and read their nonsense and it wont ____ you off.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:02 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ok I read though alittle bit more. And you started out decently by liking both cars but you didnt help your self much by talk about how everything is paid for and nothing costs yo a dime and all. Then calling someone a dork and all. And telling a 35 yr old guy he scrounges to afford his car at a dead end job is, well basically immature.

Im not trying to offend you or be mean. But they all have a right to be mad at you, you trashed all of them on their own website. Stick to Scionlife until you get a Z.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:07 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ok Woodyear, for some reason I am still reading and you say the tC stock will keep with a 197 HP Civic SI, Are you kidding me?
Old 12-01-2005, 02:09 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Sorry to keep posting but what factory mods give the Scion tC 250 FWHP

WOODYEAR :"cars. You think your car is sooo special because it costs more new, meanwhile a 250 fwhp tC will EAT you up in a straight line or on the street, give you a run for your money in the corners, and would only lose to a Z very high on the top end due to only having five gears. Moreover, every car enthusiast worth their salt, knows that a car modded up like mine, on FACTORY, DEALER INSTALLED parts
Old 12-01-2005, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I havent even gone on there, but if you are trolling their site bashing them then YOU are the one being an @$$. People who do that have entirely too much time on their hands. Here is some info for ya:

The tC is a GREAT car in its class and keeps up with or beats out many of the others in its class... but there are a ton of cars better...

The 350Z is great in its class... but there are a ton of cars better

The Corvette is GREAT in its class (actually.. in this case.. it is just a hair below a $80,000 911 turbo.. so not so great of an example )

The Porche is great in its class.. but again, there are better cars...

getting the point? These are street legal production cars and they each compete IN THIER CLASS. You cant compare them any more than you can compare a Street Stock drag car to a top fuel car. So stay out of thier forums if you are talking trash and let them stick to talking about what they want. Whats the point in going around starting trouble on a website?????
Old 12-01-2005, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not to be mean or anything but also what is the point of showing pics of a sausage fest at your college to prove your point? In that pic there are maybe 5 girls and like 35 guys lol. Most college parties have kegs. I just don't see how that proves the tC is better than the Z.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:21 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

^LOL I was thinking the same thing. Totally irrelevant to brag about look what mommy got for me at college to try and prove you have a better car.

I absolutely love my car. Is it the best thing out there.HECK NO. I would trade it on a 350Z, Sti, EVO IX anyday. But thats not the point. Car preference is to each his own and have respect for every car out there. Even ricers because its what they like. So like someone said dont hate on a site that you have no right posting on. Unless its to find out questions like a used to do when i was shopping.

This being said. DOnt jump down my throat, because I am not bashing you. Its your car and its all good. I just want to see how you got 250FWHp (probably 275 crank) with TRD parts.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah.. this is starting to sound awful grade school like

I love how everyone compares their "race" cars. Hate to break it to them, but none of them are race cars. And sure, I can take virtually any car and make it outrun the next. So what??? The fun is taking one you like and doing what you like with it... it isnt all about "my car can outrun yours in a 1/4 mile". At least not for the ones that really enjoy the cars.

And no, you cant get 250 FWHP on a tC without a good turbo kit... and HP aint everything... that rwd 350z still has nearly 290 BHP (nearly 240 rwhp), 275 ft lbs of torque, rwd which will EAT YOUR LUNCH in a straight line or on a track and runs a 1/4 mile in 14.2 seconds STOCK. The only reason I wouldnt want one is the terrible issues I have seen with tons of other nissans and some of the "what the hell?" electronic desings they have used. That plus the huge front end issues that nissan tried to screw the first two years of 350 owners over. But, performance wise it is a very nice all around car. A little heavy, but still not bad.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think the 350Z is a neat car, but I would not own anything that the French may profit from. For those of you who need to ask, Renault owns controling interest in Nissan.
It's ironic to hear owners of French vehicles described "arrogant" which is a trait that the French perfected!
Old 12-01-2005, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

And one more thing.... the 350 outperforms the tc on the skidpad as well.. so dont go jumping on them about cornering either.

Also keep in mind I do not like nissans and think the 350 is way overpriced for what you get... so I am talking out of love for the 350, but out of fact.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:35 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I never new renualt had a claim in nissan. Interesting.

Well all I can solve this once and for all. My car is being supercharged as we speak. And I work with a guy that has a 2004 350Z and another with a 2005 Civic SI. I am sure both of them would be willing to race simultaniously on video. Make take me a month or so to arrange it. But something makes me think it will turn out.

1st: 350Z
2nd: tC (me)
3rd: Civic Si

Woodyear is still going in that thread in 350z by the way.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Woodyear,

Do you actually expect anyone here to condone or better yet, support your behavior on the Z Board?

You have a LOT of growing up to do. Your perception of reality is pretty skewed.... sheltered upbringing perhaps? At least that's how your bragging and boasting is coming across to me.

Please trade in your tC
Old 12-01-2005, 03:10 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You should see how it is going in the z board lol
Old 12-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Banned
SL Member

Nick, the Civic SI runs like a 7.1 0-60 and a 15.38 quarter, so how is it so much faster than a stock tC? That's a drivers race.

B. Stock supercharger puts out 195 whp, + 20 without a reflash, + 20 with a bosch110, + 20 with ZPI pulley. I don't know about your dealer, but mine will warranty all of that work, because none of it is harmful to the motor, and when I get it to a dyno I'd bet it's over 250 whp. Get your facts straight. Secondly, if you're gonna talk about my party, lets see you kick 9 kegs, make 1300 bucks charging 5 bucks per guy (girls free), in a 2 bedroom appartment. Then you can talk, until then, quit trying to be a toughguy online.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

Damn Woodyear, got a mess going now. I been reading that Z thread can barely keep up with it. It went from a 5 page thread to a 8 page thread in about an hour.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:17 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Hmm lets see you hold down a job, fight in a war (Im military) have a wife, purchase tho brand new cars on your own, furnish a house on your own and get a degree on your own.

Makes your little party look like ____
Old 12-01-2005, 03:19 PM
Banned
SL Member

LOL i know, I kinda gave up, its too fast to keep up the responses. Anyhow, I went on there just because I've been on those boards for like 3 years and never posted pics of my car. I love the Z, and I'll be getting one soon. Then they start into how a tC can't be worth 20k, even with a supercharger, ground effects, custom leather, blah blah, every option imagineable , all factory and under warranty. Thats how the whole thing started. They content that every tC is worth 13-14k, regardless of mods. Which is nonsense, because all of my mods are factory, or dealer installed. Then they were contending that a tC can't make big power, which we all know is bs because the Scionspeed car ran over 400hp on a stock engine for months until the transaxle blew at the track. Bottom line, they think they own some kinda ferrarri, and this Nick guy doesn't know the first thing about his own car. Minimal extras and the TRD supercharger suddenly produces a 250 whp beast, done properly.

Furthermore, I posted pics of my crib and that party, because some kid on there was saying how he "owns" so much more than me and will blow me away, merely because the punk has a 350z in his garage. Alls I'm saying is "big deal" I coulda gotten a 350z if I wanted one at the time, but I chose the tC because it's got a lot of potential, and I stand by that.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SSM_tC
Woodyear,

Do you actually expect anyone here to condone or better yet, support your behavior on the Z Board?

You have a LOT of growing up to do. Your perception of reality is pretty skewed.... sheltered upbringing perhaps? At least that's how your bragging and boasting is coming across to me.

Please trade in your tC
Couldn't have said it better.

Woodyear,

Some of those guys on the Z board seemed very nice and there was no need to detour from civility in that manner. You've got a very nice tC, and you want a Z. I can respect that. I wanted (and could afford) a RX-8, but something about the tC spoke to me. Sometimes its just a choice and not everything pertaining to that choice is necessarily based on being the fastest car on the road.

It may be a good idea to go back there and apologize to those people for the way you behaved in some of those posts (perhaps even edit them), maybe try and explain that you were having a bad day or something. If you get the Z, you will want a friendly community to talk with about it. That gesture may make some inroads to that end. Just a thought.

"some kid on there was saying how he "owns" so much more than me and will blow me away, merely because the punk has a 350z in his garage"

How exactly would that make an impact your life and well being if some kid on an online message board hundreds of miles away posted that? Let it slide. Who cares? I don't get bent when people make broad ignorant statements about the French

Like with the Scion, the love of the car brought you together, let the other BS slide. Someone will always have more than you and someone will always think their car is a Ferarri. Hell, mine could be one as much as I worship it

Good luck with your purchase man! Enjoy the Z!

Quick Reply: Dudes talkin trash on the 350z forums