2005-2010 [ANT10]

DUI :o(

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default DUI :o(

so on thursday my buddy calls me at around 10.30pm, ____ drunk, "Eddie, man can you do me a huge favor and pick me up from the restorant (Mi Piace). I'm drunk man and i dont want to drive". Being a good friend i was like yeah sure why not. be there in 10min. (glendale-pasadena) i got to that place and it was like a freakin reunion. everybody and their mothers was there. so instead of picking up my friend and taking him home, my stupid @$$ decides to walk in and say hi to everyopne. anyways to make things short. i got a beer to just cuz u know i was thirsty, and next thing u know there are a bunch of females dancing all over u. what do i do? i buy them drinks. whatever. i got out the restaurant not drunk but buzzed. i had couple of drinks and 2 bottles of champaign. left to place and about a 100 feet away got pulled over by the CHP. he made me do like 5 tests and i passed all 5 of them. and then he asked me to to a breathalizer test. DANG. i blew .107 the first time and .103 the second. those ____ers took me in for 6 hours and gave me a DUI ticket.

here is the thing. ive been asking a bunch of ppl of what to do and stuff. some say go in with a lawyers (which will cost me about $10K) some say just go in just by yourself.

what do u guys think? i mean ____ i cant have a DUI show on my record for 10 years. thats messed up.

Any advise?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Buzzed Driving is Drunk Driving

What else can you do but get a lawyer?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

take a driving course and pay the fine.. lawyer would be able to get you out of some of that mess..
Old 09-25-2007, 07:43 PM

Man, that blows.

Can't offer any good advice since I haven't been through it but good luck regardless.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:00 PM

that sux, say hello to high insurance
Old 09-25-2007, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

get a lawer
Old 09-25-2007, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What advice are you looking for? You were drinking and decided to drive being "buzzed." And now you're looking for a way out of it. There was probably a reason they pulled you over in the first place.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by HR_Guy
What advice are you looking for? You were drinking and decided to drive being "buzzed." And now you're looking for a way out of it. There was probably a reason they pulled you over in the first place.
They were probably just watching for people to leave the restaurant.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:10 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The only advice i can give is, you were man enough to drink, be man enough to face the consequences.
lawyers arent ment to get guilty people off. Unfortunatly thats what they are used for.
Lawyers are for people who are innocent and need defended.
You are admitedly guilty. Tell the judge that, face the consequences and most importantly LEARN FROM THEM.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

a couple drinks... and 2 BOTTLES OF CHAMPAGNE... are you nuts??!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Banned
SL Member

DONT GET A LAWYER!!! A public defender can do the same thing for you for $25. trust me bro... PM Me and I can help you out...
Old 09-25-2007, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

In california especially, you need a lawyer to avoid a DUI or DWI conviction. YOu get royally horrifically screwed if you got a DUI on your record. It can cost you about $20,000 to deal with it.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

according to the cop he pulled me over cuz i was goin 60mph. with of course was not true. and heck **** happens. i know its gonna cost me a lot of money but i need to take the DUI out of my record. as Etli said im horrifically screwed if i have a DUI on the record.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: DUI :o(

I assume you've googled everything already? If not, here;

http://www.california-drunkdriving.org/

"What should I do if I'm stopped for DUI?"
Nationally-known California DUI defense attorney Lawrence Taylor, author of the legal textbook Drunk Driving Defense, 6th edition, offers 5 tips:

Politely decline to answer questions without an attorney (only incriminating answers will be in the police report).
Decline to take any field sobriety tests (not required by law and rarely helps you).
Unless you are under 21, decline to take any handheld breath test not required by law.
Agree to take a required "evidentiary" breath test (blood test if confident you are under .08%).
Make sure your attorney calls the DMV Driver Safety Office within 10 days and demands a hearing to contest your license suspension.

Get a lawyer who SPECIALIZES in DUI. Did you do a breathalayzer or a blood sample test? Breathalayzers are not very accurate. Start googling "drunnk driving california" and fight back. Guilty or innocent, the great thing about America is that you can fight back. What you should NOT do is just bend over and take it. A DUI is a REALLY bad thing to have on your record because it NEVER goes away.

Make sure to get an attorney who SPECIALIZES in DUI. You are only screwing yourself if you cheap out on defending yourself.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do NOT look at this as an inconvenience.

a good friend of mine pushed his windshield out with his head & bent his steering wheel with his mouth, thanks to someone who only had a few...
Old 09-25-2007, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just got off my DUI here in PA... lets just say it cost around $6k, and LOTS and LOTS of hours missed from work and 40 hours of community service. as well as other classes and dealing with a P.O.

I got stopped at a DUI checkpoint 2 miles from my house on a holiday last year.. While it was ONLY a .10 bac, I still got railed, just like someone who would of blew a .20+ or higher.. (some jerks in my class had a .2 which is like 10-12 beers.. I drank 3 beers in 1.5 hours...

moral of the story? drink ALL you want.. just dont drive PERIOD.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My dad's had 11 back surgeries in 20-ish years thanks to someone who "only had a few" on the highway.

You know, just something to think about; if you can't live with a DUI on your record, why did you drive drunk?
Old 09-25-2007, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow, you suck at being the designated driver dude. seriously. you were asked to go pick up your friend because he was drunk, and instead you went and got drunk and drove. you got pulled over.

you should have used some self control and NOT DRANK.

anyway, life is going to suck for you for a while now. plead guilty and agree to go to something like AA or driver improvement or whatever the judge reccommends. hope this is your first offense. that would really suck is if they put a breathalizer on your car that you have to blow into every 15 minutes while you drive.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:23 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Im utterly confused that people are saying you are totally going to get screwed.
NO HE ISNT.
He is totally going to get what the law says you get for a DUI. the punishment is harsh in order to curb peoples stupidity.
Its part of life, a stupid decision has consequences.
Man up, or go back to diapers...
Old 09-25-2007, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

God i love it when people post these topics when they do stupid things....

THEY GET EATEN ALIVE!

Quick Reply: DUI :o(