Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

DUI :o(

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

get a lawyer. the way I see it you are either gonna pay the state a lot of money or you are going to pay a lawyer a lot of money. and at least the lawyer is on your side. as some one stated earlier get a lawyer who specializes in DUI.

its going to be an expensive lesson for you but hopefully you learned your lesson....
Old 09-25-2007, 10:33 PM

do the crime...pay the time (or money) you made your own bed
Old 09-25-2007, 10:43 PM

I am in TOTAL agreement with STNC, Nick06tC, and HR Guy.... if you've had any alcohol before you drive you had better NOT drive. And you know, I had some pretty strong remarks for your sorry ****, but I erased them and decided to be nice. If you have ANY alcohol in your system and you drive, I am praying to God you get busted for it. This world can only hold so many stupid people before it'll implode on itself. HOORAY FOR THE COP!!!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CDogbert
My dad's had 11 back surgeries in 20-ish years thanks to someone who "only had a few" on the highway.

You know, just something to think about; if you can't live with a DUI on your record, why did you drive drunk?

i didnt drive drunk. i was fine to drive and i wouldve made it fine. FYI.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The champagne is what got you. You figure champagne has 2-3 times MORE alcohol than beer. Top that off by drinking 2 bottles in 2 hours and.. what were you thinking?? In all honesty, you are pretty much screwed for 10 years since you got caught in Cali. They have probably the stricktest DUI penalties of any state. Accept the fate and try to move on.

If you passed all the field tests, you shouldn't have had to take a breathalizer test. You should have declined. And if you really went just "100 feet" before he pulled you over, there's no way he could have had the radar on you and clocked you at 60 mph. (You should have asked to see the readout from the radar.) Alas, all these points are moot because you took the breathalizer.

I hope your "couple of drinks and 2 bottles of champagne" were worth it because it's going to cost you about 40+ bottles of Cristal, Diddy. GL.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DjEzE
Originally Posted by CDogbert
My dad's had 11 back surgeries in 20-ish years thanks to someone who "only had a few" on the highway.

You know, just something to think about; if you can't live with a DUI on your record, why did you drive drunk?

i didnt drive drunk. i was fine to drive and i wouldve made it fine. FYI.
Thats what they all say. "I was fine to drive" Excuse me, but BULLS***
Old 09-25-2007, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey everyone maskes mistakes. and dont tell me u didnt sit behind ur stupid wheel when u had couple of beers. i know **** i did something wrong. no fcukin body is perfect. and about being eaten alive, its not being eaten alive. ppl instead of giving advice and help someone out they start talking about their own problem. hey im sorry if anything happened to u, your relatives, or ur frieds, i didnt crash into anything nor did i kill someone. i was pulled over and given a DUI. God Dang just relax.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: DUI :o(

i got a beer to just cuz u know i was thirsty, i had couple of drinks and 2 bottles of champaign.

what do u guys think? i mean flip i cant have a DUI show on my record for 10 years. thats messed up.

Any advise?
K here's my problem with your situation. You went to a RESTERAUNT to pick up your friend. You were thirsty so you order a beer? Dude resteraunts have other beverages than alcohol. You could have ordered a soda or water if you were thirsty. But Noooo you not only had 1 beer but at least one more PLUS 2 bottles of champagne. I don't care if you shared the bottles with the entire place, you were there to pick up your bud who is MORE of a man to know when he's reached his limit and can not drive and is not ashamed to ask for a ride home.
It was ok to visit with old friends when you got there, but it was not ok to drink when you were Designated Driver. Bartenders take care of DDs, all you had to do was speak up and be responsible. Just be thankful that you, your friend and anyone else who was on the road that night are alive and un-maimed and take your punishsment like a man.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey everyone maskes mistakes. and dont tell me u didnt sit behind ur stupid wheel when u had couple of beers. i know **** i did something wrong. no fcukin body is perfect. and about being eaten alive, its not being eaten alive. ppl instead of giving advice and help someone out they start talking about their own problem. hey im sorry if anything happened to u, your relatives, or ur frieds, i didnt crash into anything nor did i kill someone. i was pulled over and given a DUI. God Dang just relax.
First of all, i dont drink. I dont take part in this stupid underage drinking game, and when i do come of age, i'm not going to drink. What is the legal limit? .08? what did you blow? a .1 something
Old 09-25-2007, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh and good luck with a lawyer. You might as well flush the money down the toilet. My brother got a DUI years ago and got some famous DUI lawyer here in San Diego and guess what- he lost his case. He had to take AA classes, had a suspended license AND it went on his record. Show up to court, admit you are guilty and maybe the judge will go as easy as he and the state can on you.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:17 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by midgie
oh and good luck with a lawyer. You might as well flush the money down the toilet. My brother got a DUI years ago and got some famous DUI lawyer here in San Diego and guess what- he lost his case. He had to take AA classes, had a suspended license AND it went on his record. Show up to court, admit you are guilty and maybe the judge will go as easy as he and the state can on you.
exactly.... you are better off with a public defender who costs only $25. He will get you the same deal that a lawyer who costs $1000+ will get you.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You didn't crash or hurt anyone because there was a cop there, not because you were a fine driver when you're drunk. Cops FTMFW!
Old 09-25-2007, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ exactly! If you really were a "fine driver" you wouldn't have been pulled over
Old 09-25-2007, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey man thats what you get it could have been worse. You have to pay for it now just do what they say and dont do it again.

I keep it cool I don't drink at all, I stay away from that stuff. I don't need alcohol to have fun.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You say you were fine to drive? That's what they ALL say. Everybody who posted above me hit all the main points that need to be said. +1 for the cop.

You FTL.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

LOL @ your dumbass driving drunk in the first place (.10 is obviously legally drunk)...

glad you got caught

this will cost you big - the only way to stay clear of your record is get a lawyer.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

i say you just walk in there and hand them your license. a couple of drinks and 2 BOTTLES of champagne? Man, that's ridiculous! Just cause you have a high tolerance for alcohol doesn't mean it doesn't severely impair your ability to think (obviously Mr. Designated Driver)Man, i hate to be a jerk, but there is nothing i hate more as a driver, than people that drink and drive, and i hope you get prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law... .107 and .103...that's a lot of alcohol!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Sometimes with youth we forget to look at the reality of the moment..........please don't ever have a few drinks and get in a car and drive.........it has taken me years to erase the picture of my friend Ted.......he was 14........the guy who hit him had a .13........lucky for the guy........DUI Manslaughter only got him 3 years........he drug Ted under his truck for about 1000 feet before Ted came out from under it.......ripped most of his clothes off down to his under wear and most of his face also........we were just walking home from Thanksgiving dinner..........on the sidewalk........

So if you end up with a fine and 10 years of crap on your record.......man you are really lucky........

I remember the guy saying how bad his truck was messed up and where did that deer come from...........I spent 9 months in juvinal detention for what I did to that man that night........and my hands have never healed properly as I broke nearly every bone in them beating him for what he did.........

Shame on you..........learn from this.........
Old 09-26-2007, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Aren't you supposed to always refuse the breath test - at least if you refuse you have a chance. If you take the test and fail your pretty much screwed from the start.

Get a connected lawyer and see he if can plea bargain you down to distracted driving or something like that. A public defender isn't going to do a thing for you. He has 15,757 other screwups to deal with and your DUI isn't at the top of his list. He wants to get you in and out as soon as he can.

I'll also jump on the bandwagon and call you a moron like everyone else. Cop was probably across the street and watched your drunk ___ stumble out of the bar and drive away.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by STNC
God i love it when people post these topics when they do stupid things....

THEY GET EATEN ALIVE!
And rightfully so. we shouldn't have to worry about ourselves or or families being plowed into by someone to irresponsible to not drive drunk... (sorry "buzzed") I think we've all seen one too many peoples lives screwed up or ended over this silly crap. Get a damn cab, or a responsible friend. Otherwise, don't expect sympathy.

Quick Reply: DUI :o(