2005-2010 [ANT10]

DUI :o(

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

hmph, hope everything works out for the other side , stupid move and probally a well earned punishment to follow.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I think you'll need these guys to get you out of a DUI conviction in California:

You will probably need a lot of this:

If you only have this:

I guess you'll have to settle for this guy:
Old 09-26-2007, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And you know what bothers me, is that you were supposed to be the responsible friend... you failed on that one.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Originally Posted by wibblywobbly
Aren't you supposed to always refuse the breath test - at least if you refuse you have a chance. If you take the test and fail your pretty much screwed from the start.
You can refuse all roadside tests, but can't refuse a chemical test at the station in California; liciense goes bye-bye for 1 year and you don't get out of jail until your bail hearing.

Get a connected lawyer and see he if can plea bargain you down to distracted driving or something like that. A public defender isn't going to do a thing for you. He has 15,757 other screwups to deal with and your DUI isn't at the top of his list. He wants to get you in and out as soon as he can.
He got caught in the wrong jurisdiction, if he has to go to court in Glendale they aren't too keen on DUIs. The court commissioners (judges) there are a bunch of hardasses and it is extremely difficult to plea down a DUI. Not only will a public defender not do anything, but a $75/hour lawyer is almost a liability in this case. If DjEzE is honest with the judge and admits to the DUI he can avoid jail time assuming he is a first offender, but the DUI is going on his record, lawyer or no.

DjEzE, get an attorney if you wish, but be prepared, you could be chasing good money after bad. Tough lesson learned... good luck.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ i am planing of getting an attorney, but before i do that i talk to one attorney and he said that there is a thing that they do and instead of DUI it show something else on the record. and instead of 10 yrs it will be 7. ever heard of that?

and STNC my friend got home safe. he got a ride with someone else. just to let u know.

and thats for whoever is wishing me luck, and whoever is not well i know what ur thinking.

hey i did it wrong and its my mistake. and i want to apologize if i was rude to anyone here on the post. its just these couple of days have been really messed up.

ok guys thank and any more suggestions i would apreciate.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:58 AM

Wow, do the majority of people here really think the world will be safe for them to aimlessly wonder about their pointless lives if all drunk drivers were off the streets? I've got news for you, if I get injured or even killed by a drunk driver, it's my fault. When you get in a vehicle, you take a tremendous risk. Accidents happen. Whether it's drunk driver or somebody completely sober not paying attention. If you choose to take the risk of getting into a car, take responsibility for what might happen to you. If you want to stay safe and alive, DON'T GET INTO A CAR PERIOD!

Hope everything works out with the DUI, don't let the hatters get you down.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ You're a dumb@ss.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nkognito
Wow, do the majority of people here really think the world will be safe for them to aimlessly wonder about their pointless lives if all drunk drivers were off the streets? I've got news for you, if I get injured or even killed by a drunk driver, it's my fault. When you get in a vehicle, you take a tremendous risk. Accidents happen. Whether it's drunk driver or somebody completely sober not paying attention. If you choose to take the risk of getting into a car, take responsibility for what might happen to you. If you want to stay safe and alive, DON'T GET INTO A CAR PERIOD!

^ Drunk driver.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by RodC

^ Drunk driver.
agreed. if you want to stay safe don't get into a car period? What kind of noob are you? How is it your fault if you get injured or killed by a drunk driver? Clearly the drunk driver was at fault because HE SHOULDN'T BE DRINKING AND DRIVING IN THE FIRST PLACE. It's against the law. I'm failing to see how you feel you're the one at fault for that just from driving innocently from point A to point B.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Originally Posted by DjEzE
^^^ i am planing of getting an attorney, but before i do that i talk to one attorney and he said that there is a thing that they do and instead of DUI it show something else on the record. and instead of 10 yrs it will be 7. ever heard of that?
Yes. You could try to plea down to Reckless Driving, however insurance companies and employers are getting savvy to "wet-reckless" plea deals and treat them the same as a DUI. The good news is it only stays on your record for 7 years, the bad news is it's considered as a prior offense should you find yourself in trouble again within those 7 years.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you want to stay safe and alive, DON'T GET INTO A CAR PERIOD!
He says on a car enthusiast forum.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i dont feel like reading all this, but from my friends experience.... he took a safe driving course and went to rehab and all he paid was court and lawyer cost, no dui fine, plus since he is in rehab, if he gets pulled over for another dui, the cops cant do anything since he is in rehab, but they can throw another charge/ticked if they want.

now u need to look at prices to see which way is more economical, more pleasing for you and if these things apply in ur state.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Considering the brutal comments known to be on SL, I'm glad someone had the sense in opening a revelent topic and had the guts to share their DUI situation here.
Honestly, there's a few points that was posted here that I did not know about DUIs, like using public defenders. Don't know if the same holds true in my location, but I'll have to check on it. I heard most of the other points mentioned though. I can't say that I know the consequences from a DUI cuz I rarely go out drinking for situations like this to happen to me. Neither the people I know experienced it to talk about it.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey everyone maskes mistakes. and dont tell me u didnt sit behind ur stupid wheel when u had couple of beers. i know **** i did something wrong. no fcukin body is perfect. and about being eaten alive, its not being eaten alive. ppl instead of giving advice and help someone out they start talking about their own problem. hey im sorry if anything happened to u, your relatives, or ur frieds, i didnt crash into anything nor did i kill someone. i was pulled over and given a DUI. God Dang just relax.

The only thing good I see to the conclusion of your story is the COP saved your life, your friends life, any innocent bystanders life, and your tC from a serious car accident. Although, you may have to give up your tC, givin the expense of the situation you are in.

On a brighter note, all you have to deal with is the strict punishment ahead of you. Your friends, family, and relatives must be grateful for that COP doing his/her job to keep you away from a much worst situation than you are now. I mean, that's what law authorites do, "To Protect and Serve". Think about it, you could be in the hospital right now with severe injuries, possibly unconscious, or even dead due to a bad driving decision. Not to mention your passengers or bystanders health conditions. If you also thought about the people in your life that will be affected by your injuries inflicted upon yourself from a bad decisions, I'm sure you wouldn't be in this situation. I know we all want to have fun at the bars to balance our moods after getting off a bad day from work and what not, but ya still gotta be responsible for yourself. If it's an occasion to drink, drink in moderation and wait a couple hours if you have to before driving. Fortunately, I'm glad you're OK and here sharing your story with us in a somewhat good well being. I'm sure you're better off with strict punishment alone over suffering from your own serious injuries, manslaughter to your friend, and also dealing with strict punishment. That can be stressful for your friends/family and yourself. At least, be thankful that the worst case scenario didn't happen and take whatever punishment comes at you as an adult.

Unless you know someone higher in the chain, I doubt you can get completely acquitted from a DUI conviction with a breathalyzer reading of .107 holding against you. I can only imagine that life ahead of you must suck, but if you plea guilty in the court hearing with that in mind and express your gratitude for your friend's and your own life to the judge, he/she may be linient towards the DUI being on your record. More than likely, you're getting some form of punishment, but you have to at least try persuading the judge to your favor of a linient punishment and show them the sincerity of your mistake along with your understanding and gratitude of your situation. You're still young and the judge is probably an understanding old person who has been around to see the mistakes that young drivers make. If anything, you probably just graduated out of college with no stable income and probably starting a new career. You'd be in so much debt earlier in your career and maybe the judge will disipline you accordingly. If it was someone who's older (30-50yrs), the judge may not be as emphatic. At any rate, use your age to your advantage, but don't make it seem obvious that your using it as an excuse to get a slap on the wrist. Consult your attorney.

Ending my advice on this subject is nothing without my opinion on it:

"No matter what age you are, I have no respect for drunk drivers."
"No respect for using Gods name in vein also."

Old 09-26-2007, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SCIONOSIS
The only thing good I see to the conclusion of your story is the COP saved your life, your friends life, any innocent bystanders life, and your tC from a serious car accident. Although, you may have to give up your tC, givin the expense of the situation you are in.

x2
Old 09-26-2007, 07:39 PM

hey everyone maskes mistakes. and dont tell me u didnt sit behind ur stupid wheel when u had couple of beers. i know **** i did something wrong. no fcukin body is perfect. and about being eaten alive, its not being eaten alive. ppl instead of giving advice and help someone out they start talking about their own problem. hey im sorry if anything happened to u, your relatives, or ur frieds, i didnt crash into anything nor did i kill someone. i was pulled over and given a DUI. God Dang just relax.
I cannot believe you. Thank GOD I don't know you. It would take everything I have to keep from pounding you. I'm not perfect either, but I'm also not a friggin retard. I have a beer about once a month...in my home...not driving. And as far as everybody else bringing up personal problems...they are examples for you to learn from. You deserve the 10 years of punishment, and then some. Don't ask for help. Man up dumbsh!t and own up to what you've done.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just Wondering, did you check the updated cost for your insurance yet?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ it will only inscrease by $50 amonth if i have a dui on record if not than it will stay the same or +$5.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well nkcognito... thank you. for proving yourself to be a dumbass. i don't like thrashing on people to say the least, but that was one of the dumbest things i've heard. driving a car no matter what is risky, but you have privileges, and being responsible takes a toll on that. we have laws to convict irresponsible people like drunk drivers. sorry to hear what happened... ____ does happen, but take responsibility. I'm not here to hate on you, it really sucks what happened, but things happen for a reason, ya know? And you getting a DUI charge is better than you taking someone else's life... ya know? Just think about it, hopefully you will understand next time.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good luck with your situation. I refuse to ridicule someone when I know I have my flaws and have made irresponsible decisions also. Hopefully you learn and not become a recidivist.

Quick Reply: DUI :o(