Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

DUI :o(

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks willie and thanks kratos. i know i did something wrong and i learned from it.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you should have just refused the FST and the Breathalyzer. You'll end up in jail but by the time a judge sees you you'll be sober and they can't charge you with dui anymore. it's legal in sc anyway. you can refuse, you just go to jail but you were goin there either way
Old 09-27-2007, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Originally Posted by pb4ugoout
you should have just refused the FST and the Breathalyzer. You'll end up in jail but by the time a judge sees you you'll be sober and they can't charge you with dui anymore. it's legal in sc anyway. you can refuse, you just go to jail but you were goin there either way
As I mentioned earlier, in California, you can refuse the roadside tests but you can't refuse testing at the station (and they don't wait for you to sober up). If you do refuse at the station, you lose your license for 1-year.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nkognito
Wow, do the majority of people here really think the world will be safe for them to aimlessly wonder about their pointless lives if all drunk drivers were off the streets? I've got news for you, if I get injured or even killed by a drunk driver, it's my fault. When you get in a vehicle, you take a tremendous risk. Accidents happen. Whether it's drunk driver or somebody completely sober not paying attention. If you choose to take the risk of getting into a car, take responsibility for what might happen to you. If you want to stay safe and alive, DON'T GET INTO A CAR PERIOD!

Hope everything works out with the DUI, don't let the hatters get you down.
this has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on the internet.
do you seriously believe in what you've just typed?

unbelievable
Old 09-27-2007, 08:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dj eze,
sorry to hear about your situation,
What I'd do if I was in your shoes is pray about it.

irresponsibility on your part got you in the mess, dunno what else to tell you.
considering im somewhat allergic to alcohol I never drink the stuff.

haven't you been watching those tv commercials about cops going full force on DUI? they play that in my area every commercial break.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2fast4you
Originally Posted by pb4ugoout
As I mentioned earlier, in California, you can refuse the roadside tests but you can't refuse testing at the station (and they don't wait for you to sober up). If you do refuse at the station, you lose your license for 1-year.
i know here in sc they won't test you at the station unless a judge or magistrate is present. it works much better on the weekends. you spend the weekend in jail but no dui.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by STNC
God i love it when people post these topics when they do stupid things....

THEY GET EATEN ALIVE!
makes u wonder why they do it...

IDK wut to say but ur a moron... If your going to drink dont drive. b smart about things people common! I only drink if im stayin at the house or if its my own house
Old 09-27-2007, 01:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Wow, do the majority of people here really think the world will be safe for them to aimlessly wonder about their pointless lives if all drunk drivers were off the streets? I've got news for you, if I get injured or even killed by a drunk driver, it's my fault. When you get in a vehicle, you take a tremendous risk. Accidents happen. Whether it's drunk driver or somebody completely sober not paying attention. If you choose to take the risk of getting into a car, take responsibility for what might happen to you. If you want to stay safe and alive, DON'T GET INTO A CAR PERIOD!

wow......just.......wow. i dunno which is worse. drunk drivers, or sober people who think like you.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^^ haha next we he will say DONT WALK ON THE SIDE OF THE STREET PERIOD!
Old 09-27-2007, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Lehigh Valley Scions
SL Member

I really really really hope you dont have kids you jacka** no one could ever learn nething good from you! it amazes me how some people in the world think
Old 09-27-2007, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Well, you had all of your share of advice and hate in this thread. You must be going through a tough time... anything court related does give a person pretty big headaches, especially for DUI.
Honest mistake, you learned from it and thats all there is to it. Lets hope everything works out for the best. If it's your first offense, it might not be that harsh on you.
Good luck!
Old 09-27-2007, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks yaamakoh i hope so too
Old 09-27-2007, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member

I haven't posted in this forum since, oh, 2005 I think. But I had to log on just to say that you, sir, are a moron.

DjEzE, you're getting what you deserve, you made a mistake so take the consequences like a grown adult. Just learn from your mistakes. I drove home drunk once before(a hour and a half trip, at that) and after walking into the door of my house, couldn't even remember having driven the car at all. Even though nothing happend, I greatly regretted it, and have vowed to never let it happen again.

If you don't learn from your mistakes.....well I just hope darwinism takes it course.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol actually moral of story...

when a friend asks you to pick him up. just pick him up and leave not stay and get drunk.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

See, your friend was smart for calling someone to pick him up, but stupid for calling someone already drunk to pick him up. :nono:

You, on the other hand, are just stupid. You could've said no and not gone in the first place.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Lehigh Valley Scions
SL Member

I dont know if out in CA they have this program but when i was in high school we did and let me tell you there wasnt a single person in the auditorium that wasnt crying please everyone take a look at the website and read about the program.

www.every15minutes.com

its very scary to think that every 15 mins someone dies of an alcohol related accident.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Wow, that's pretty f@cked up what happened to that poor girl. Yeah, you're lucky no one was killed or maimed. But the difference between legally drunk vs. not legally drunk? 0.02% BAC. (legal limit is 0.08%, djeze blew 0.10% something)

The case of the girl who's been horribly burned is, as horrific as it is, an appeal to emotion as an arguement for someone to not contest a drunk driving charge. Or, as an aid to drive the point that the consequences of drunk driving can inflict a lot of pain on a lot of people.

A person can feel guilty or BE guilty for their transgressions. That doesn't mean that they aren't entitled to fight the charges against them.

You know what? screw it. Do what your conscience tells you to do. It's what you can live with. If your inner voice is telling you to jump off bridge to atone for your actions, maybe you should talk to someone else first though. If you just want to accept the punishment the courts require.... you can do that to. Or you can fight the charge in court. You got lucky no one got hurt. Although alternatively, everyone's tolerance and absorbtion rate of alcohol is different.

No matter what you do though, make sure you don't drink and drive again. A drunk designated driver is just retarded. And apparantly, it seems a lot of people on scionlife will then hunt you down and kill you.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionTc86
I dont know if out in CA they have this program but when i was in high school we did and let me tell you there wasnt a single person in the auditorium that wasnt crying please everyone take a look at the website and read about the program.

www.every15minutes.com

its very scary to think that every 15 mins someone dies of an alcohol related accident.
Yes, we have that out here as well. I was in ASB my senior year, so I was fortunate enough to help plan this. Smashing up the cars was the second best part of it. The best part, however, was seeing how much it touched all the students...Especially at the funerals on the second day of the program. Not a single dry eye in the auditorium when the parents/siblings read their eulogies.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
Scikotics
SL Member

we are all human, and we all make mistakes.

poor judgement on your part got you into this....didnt you learn anything in school?!!? the first thing that goes out the window when you drink is your reasoning and judgement, and your obviously flew out the window with your thirst quenching beer and 2 bottles of wine lol.

you can do two things with this: learn your lesson and be a man about your punishment(cant do the time, dont do the crime), or try to weasel your way out of it. You broke the law and you should be punished for it.

i would say im sorry for what happened but im not, you made the choice so live with it.

BTW a public defender will do the job of a lawyer and cost alot less. You blew a .1, your not gonna get out of it, maybe if you blew something like .05 or something like that but .1? they will see that in court and throw the book at you!

Old 09-28-2007, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I had a best friend die because of someone like you.

You need to do your time instead of trying to weasel your way out of it. More than likely you'll fail anyways. At least I hope you will.

Not trying to be rude or anything, or offend you, but what you did was totally wrong. Every action has a consequence and you should just deal with it.

Quick Reply: DUI :o(