2005-2010 [ANT10]

dumb **Beep* people

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

3 xB's from our Atlanta group got hit in the past month and a half. One totalled (rearened and shoved under the durango in front of him), one just rearended, and one hit and run on a parking lot (ripped out front bumper with a trailer hitch).

It's not all tCs...
Old 10-29-2004, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

it really isn't all just tC's.

statistically. there is an average of cars that are hit each day. and it's only due to driver error. everyday, there are more and more tC's out on the road, and for some to get into an accident, is only just a statistic. plus... there are A LOT of people out there who just can't drive and shouldn't have a license.
Old 10-29-2004, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member

Maybe something you should consider doing with your tC to protect it.
Old 10-29-2004, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

It's always that way. Go to any forum with a new model and you'll see tons of posts about people crashing or getting hit. WRXs, Mazdaspeed Proteges, Mazda3s, I've seen the same pattern with all of them. I don't think they have more accidents, you just see more posts about it since the owners of new models tend to be members of online communities.
Most car and SUV owners are not going to post on the Internet if they got into a wreck. Only people with tuner cars and tuners themselves are going to post their accidents, and that is basically the members of scionlife and of any other car forum. Most buyers, even of the tC, are not members of these forums. An average of 6000 tC's are sold a month. Times four months equals 24000 tC's sold. There are roughly 8700 members of scionlife. Then you have to factor in how many of these members own tCs. Lets just say 2000 actually own tC's, I know that is a high estamiate. That is only one-tweleth of the population of tC owners. What I am trying to say is that tC owners and other owners of tuner cars are going to be more vocal, than let's say a family car owner. A family car owner just wants something that runs not to voice his opinions on the internet.

its preaty simple, this car is aimed at the 18-25yr old crowd,

less exp, = more accidents
Some accidents are not the drivers fault. We will just say that it all age groups the same. It is not just marketed to the 18 - 25yr old crowd. Also the under 18 yr old crowd with rich parents. There are more pshycos in this age group, 16-25, than any other. This is what makes for more accidents. There are some of use that are more alert and quicker reflexes than any adult. I personally don't think it is the exp. that is the problem. I think it is the mindset while driving. The older adults have the mindset of going from point A to point B. The people of the 16-25yr old crowd have a mindset of " what is the fastest way to get from point A to point B?". Now some of use use speed more extremely than others. This is why there are more accidents in this age group
Old 10-29-2004, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Dude that pic is soooo f**kin awesome... i think that is what i would do! Either that or just keep on driving fast like i do... i like to run the lights! Especially if i know someone behind me isn't paying no mind, i'll take that chance!
Old 10-29-2004, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wtf Cecil!? lol
Old 10-29-2004, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

don't feel bad. . . Scion's are just so damn good looking, every other car on the road wants to tap dat aaaasssssss
Old 11-01-2004, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default invisible

I have had three really close calls because of IDIOTS not seeing me coming...... the last blue car I had was the same..... must be that people don't notice it????