2005-2010 [ANT10]

Estimated HP of....

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Estimated HP of....

Estimated HP of Greddy Turbo (im thinking like 240 250 whp but what do I know?) plus DC headers, K&N CAI, Injen Exhaust. Anything else?

So like 270 280 whp? Thats a very respectable number imo and I cant wait for Greddy to get that damn thing done!
Old 12-08-2004, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahahahah cai with a turbo ahhahahahahahah
Old 12-08-2004, 06:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

turbo + headers?

I'm already getting sick of the dumb people and I don't get my car till tomorow
Old 12-08-2004, 06:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can't put the k&n cai on a turbo charged car unless they make a cai specifically for the greddy kit. Same with the headers. The turbo exhaust manifold takes the place of the header and the turbo takes the place of the intake.

EDIT: Damn I got treed hard core.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

120-130HP increase at the crank out of a turbo is high hopes unless you're pumping 15-20psi... god place hope on your internals if you do....

and 20-30 wheel HP out of an I/H/E install is waaay overestimating, maybe crank numbers, but not really

realistically you're looking at about 210-220 WHP with that setup, whenever it may be that greddy gets their turbo on the market - and you can kiss every single part of your powertrain warranty bye-bye - and with 250+ crank HP on stock internals you better cross your fingers, slap a rabbit's foot on your scion keychain, wear lucky underwear, find a penny on heads, and knock 4 times before you start your car every day

I say bite the bullet and wait for the TRD supercharger to come out, or the AEM CAI, or buy a header/exhaust combo and you're hoping to look at about 205-215WHP after drivetrain loss depending - that's still safe and reasonable on stock internals under warranty, only losing the exhaust warranty that covers everything you're replacing except cats/sensors. Don't forget the stock tC's dyno numbers are just about 140WHP, don't expect Vette numbers out of our pretty cars
Old 12-08-2004, 06:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

" turbo takes the place of the intake "

its like the blind leading the blind
Old 12-08-2004, 06:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SirWompus

I'm sorry was I not clear enough? I meant the whole setup. The exhaust goes through the manifold around to the turbo. It then spins the turbine inside the turbo which in turns sucks air into another pipe which leads to the IC (if there is one) otherwise it goes straight into the intake manifold. If he was going to buy a cai for a turbo setup it would have to attach onto the turbine that sucks air in. Want to learn more? I'll be conducting class all night.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sublime
Originally Posted by SirWompus

I'm sorry was I not clear enough? I meant the whole setup. The exhaust goes through the manifold around to the turbo. It then spins the turbine inside the turbo which in turns sucks air into another pipe which leads to the IC (if there is one) otherwise it goes straight into the intake manifold. If he was going to buy a cai for a turbo setup it would have to attach onto the turbine that sucks air in. Want to learn more? I'll be conducting class all night.
*yawn* -I'll sleep during class...
Old 12-08-2004, 07:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

this forum is funny..lots of funny people
Old 12-08-2004, 07:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn kids these days....they just want want want....don't even know how it fits in the car :?
Old 12-08-2004, 08:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think I remember reading about the Greddy turbo put on a Scion at the SEMA show that gave it 230hp. That should put it in the SRT4 competition area...too bad it's all aftermarket though.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh sorry yeah um I dont know everything and was just thinking (obviously not well enough) and it was late. Thanks for being supportive in my learning about performance modifications to cars guys this encouragement is GREAT! Didnt you have to start somewhere too? Im sorry I forgot that you were born with knowlede of forced induction, turbo and everything car related already preprogramed into your brain Neo.

Excuse me while I go hang myself.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

str-4 competition area huh.....so competeing with a STOCK vehicle is ur goal...jeez
Old 12-08-2004, 01:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

If a car drives backwards, is that negative hp to the wheels? Hahahahaha. . . 6AM and I no sleepy
Old 12-08-2004, 01:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Tenaj
Oh sorry yeah um I dont know everything and was just thinking (obviously not well enough) and it was late. Thanks for being supportive in my learning about performance modifications to cars guys this encouragement is GREAT! Didnt you have to start somewhere too? Im sorry I forgot that you were born with knowlede of forced induction, turbo and everything car related already preprogramed into your brain Neo.

Excuse me while I go hang myself.
Don't worry, we were all there once. I remember when I first started learning more about cars that how to change the tire and check the oil, I had some misunderstandings as well. Just remember someone will always rib you about it.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Well at the Scion Exposed Event in Austin, Tx this past weekend they had the Greddy Turboed tC and it was said to have 220 hp.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Estimated HP of....

Originally Posted by Tenaj
Estimated HP of Greddy Turbo (im thinking like 240 250 whp but what do I know?) plus DC headers, K&N CAI, Injen Exhaust. Anything else?

So like 270 280 whp? Thats a very respectable number imo and I cant wait for Greddy to get that damn thing done!
if you are going turbo, you will NOT need the DC sports header, as the header will only work for a supercharged or NA application. as the turbo kit will use a turbo exhaust manifold, so the dc sports header will be completely useless if you bought both. you can also get a larger diameter downpipe for the turbo if you really want more power.

second, im almost positive the k&n cold air will not work. unless you cut it up to make it fit. also, if you bought the greddy turbo kit, it should come with an air filter as well.

estimating horsepower is really rough at this point. too many variables. not too sure what turbo greddy will be using and what boost they will set it at. at sema they displayed a turbo kit with a TD05H-18g turbocharger at 5.7 psi. but things can change when they go into production.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IndigoDreams
str-4 competition area huh.....so competeing with a STOCK vehicle is ur goal...jeez
The SRT-4 comes with a turbo installed and some hardened internals to make sure the car can handle it. So it's not really stock. Don't compare the tC to the SRT-4, compare it to the Neon... we win.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

At SEMA the GReddy guy confirmed that it was 220HP at the wheels. Since there is no definitive data as to drivetrain loss, we can only esitimate as to crank HP.

The GReddy car was set up quite nicely. I'm looking forward to it hitting the street.

LATER
Old 12-08-2004, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Didn't GReddy also say, at SEMA, that their turbo was still in the early stages?

Quick Reply: Estimated HP of....