Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

the Europeans and Japanese must hate us..

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 07:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You'd be able to afford a skyline if you didnt have to pay the import fee's and certifications, and conversions to US regulations (aka all the B.S.)

Well Europe has the Toyota Avensis....so why are they complaining, they also have the Focus RS (even though I could always care-less).
Old 04-30-2005, 07:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you know how many cars WE DONT GET here? that the manufacturers always give the good stuff to ALL THE OTHER COUNTRIES and not here.. it's unreal..

so let them be jealous of the ONE TIME we actually get a good car for our own, it's about time.. way overdue!
Old 04-30-2005, 08:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Actually other countries usually get cooler cars. The US is usually a _____ market because of all the regulations and etc.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hejustlaughs
Actually other countries usually get cooler cars. The US is usually a _____ market because of all the regulations and etc.
that was actually my point in this whole thread.. that we get a great car that they don't.. yet..
Old 04-30-2005, 08:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by dieselstation
that was actually my point in this whole thread.. that we get a great car that they don't.. yet..
I don't think the tC is that cool of a car to make other people in other countries jealous though.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think the tC is that cool of a car to make other people in other countries jealous though.
i guess you're right. where's the "retract thread" button?
Old 04-30-2005, 11:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

one more thing on the skylines...
if you have decent credit you can get one pretty cheap from Motorex.... thats how alot of peeps in cali have theirs through them.... i think there is one in EL monte (socal) that is used as a daily driver....
Old 04-30-2005, 12:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

As for the g35 being a skyline .... Thats the body style they're converting to. Theyre getting away from the old skyline body and re-vamping it to "our" g35. Itll be the same skyline motor (althought tuned down for the US market), just in different packaging. And just like how our 350Z is called the Fairlady or our xb is called a bb in japan, our US g35 can be called a skyline.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Exactlly...
Old 04-30-2005, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

you can get 2wd skyline GTS in japan for like 8g's and R32's GTR's for like 10-15, they are actually cheaper than supras there
Old 04-30-2005, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member

Ok, let me get things straight with the concept of the Skyline coming to our shores, first yes it is sometime next year but it will be in what we know as the G35, it's already called the skyline in Japan but what it will truly be named is GTR, that is why nissan at this time is making the effort to push the G35 with more horsepower than the 350z , so people can get used to think of the G35 as a sports car not a luxury coupe. But just like the other cars they have tried to come back with that had turbos and no longer do such as the 350z and the rx-8 this GTR will have a v-8 not a TT setup. the pricerange is shocking to around 50,000 to 60,000 dollars once it comes, hopfully that brings an end to the mystery........ but when it comes to being jealous i think we should cause even the cars that we do have in commonm, they are always better tuned and have better spec than the cars we get here.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by musiqdefunk
Ok, let me get things straight with the concept of the Skyline coming to our shores, first yes it is sometime next year but it will be in what we know as the G35, it's already called the skyline in Japan but what it will truly be named is GTR, that is why nissan at this time is making the effort to push the G35 with more horsepower than the 350z , so people can get used to think of the G35 as a sports car not a luxury coupe. But just like the other cars they have tried to come back with that had turbos and no longer do such as the 350z and the rx-8 this GTR will have a v-8 not a TT setup. the pricerange is shocking to around 50,000 to 60,000 dollars once it comes, hopfully that brings an end to the mystery........ but when it comes to being jealous i think we should cause even the cars that we do have in commonm, they are always better tuned and have better spec than the cars we get here.
Thank you...someone who knows what their talking about finally...although, they did settle on what motor they are using?...thats cool if its gonna be a v8 then it'll have more potential than a v6 tt ...slap a turbo on the v8 and away we go....
Edit:: btw, I'd pay 50,000-60,000 for it if it really makes me drool...
Old 04-30-2005, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Setarcos4131
Originally Posted by musiqdefunk
Thank you...someone who knows what their talking about finally...although, they did settle on what motor they are using?...thats cool if its gonna be a v8 then it'll have more potential than a v6 tt ...slap a turbo on the v8 and away we go....
Edit:: btw, I'd pay 50,000-60,000 for it if it really makes me drool...
We already have a skyline in the US. It's called the G35.

Considering that the current Nissan road race cars in Japan use a destroked and turbocharged version of the G35's VQ35, I figure that our GTR equivilent will get something similiar.

To the person above who said that the new skyline in japan is the same old motor with a new body, you're dead wrong. The RB26dett is as far as I know no longer a production motor.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member

if you're talking about me yeah i know it's not the old motor it's the infamous V6 in the skyline in japan, the same engine in about 3/4 of all nissan cars right now
Old 04-30-2005, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member

Ill take the EVO FQ-400, 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and only available in the UK for a price of around 70000 pounds ($90000) BTW I think the Europeans and Japanese already hate us for taking their works of art and slapping horribly ugly wings and bumpers on them and then mocking them by putting type R and silvia emblems on there.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:23 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Emo
Originally Posted by dieselstation
well.. yeah we don't get the skyline.. but how many of us can actually afford skylines?
A skyline over there is no more than 20-30 grand so it's not a big deal...

-Emo
Yeah, if you buy a brand new R34! You can buy R32s, R33s for cheap. I've seen GT-Rs on the lots in Okinawa being sold around $8,000 to $10,000 and be in very good shape. Skylines are the ____ and drive like a dream. I am a little too tall for one and makes it difficult for me to get in and out of the car so I never held on to mine for very long.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Emo
Do you guys mean THIS:

I was at my school's parkinglot and saw this parked there.. I couldnt believe it..lol

-Emo

THATS NOT A SKYLINE! IT JUST GOT REBADGE! COPIED THE JAPAN STYLE FOR $40 on ebay.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to correct you but that is an R33 GTR in that pic.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:21 PM

Sorry to correct you but that is an R33 GTR in that pic.
that is not a R33 skyline fam, its just a rebadged g35 coupe. this is a r33 skyline

Old 04-30-2005, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

the europeans do get the tC, but i dont remeber what it is called

Quick Reply: the Europeans and Japanese must hate us..