Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Finally got my own TC!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 11:32 PM
SL Member

Default Finally got my own TC!

So after a rather long ordeal I made my way down to the dealership today to pick up my new car...

Apparently you can't just walk in and hand over a credit card and walk out with your car... they were gonna pull my credit for a personal check (I just had my credit pulled upping my credit to pay for this car so I didn't want a second pull so shortly afterwards... and I was bitter I couldn't just put it on plastic) so I went and got a cashiers check (thank goodness it wasn't Sunday).

But on the bright side I had been too lazy to order some Klasse AIO and was at a loss to get some... fortunately they had some at the dealership in a glass case in the back and their shop sold it for about what I would have paid to have it shipped on the internet! So that made me happy.

So now after running my new car up a rather steep hill (which was full of Sunday drivers sadly so I didn't get to really punch it much) for my first few miles I am home and realizing Klasse AIO isn't really AIO... you still need car wash... so I have to go get that to wash it all off.

Despite my talk of photography I am too lazy to get my camera out right now so here are some crappy cell phone pics of my new car. Better ones at some point... but driving it around is gonna keep me busy for a while

The sound that stuff makes cominng off scared the crap out of me!
Old 06-07-2008, 11:39 PM
SL Member

Congrats on the car!
Old 06-07-2008, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Beautiful, nice.................welcome to the life of the tC..............an obsession, addication, and pure bliss in the world of MODS!
Old 06-08-2008, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

congratz,

you dont want to buy a car on 'plastic' anyways.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:37 AM
SL Member

Well I was just gonna buy it on plastic because I get points and I could wait 30 days to pay it off... if I had paid it all on my credit card I woulda got enough points to cash in almost $200.

Thanks for the kind words! And oddly I am one of the few who really isn't likely to mod much short of a new HU. Guess I don't' fit in well with the "Guys mod girls don't" routine but oh well, I am happy with it how it is. It's a huge step up from my run down 92 Civic (that still gets 33+mpg highway!).

I noticed two things so far:

1 a while ago someone mentioned that upon clutching out their revs go up and he was wondering if it was due to the drive by wire system. I thought he was just not timing his clutch well but I get the same and to test it I pushed the revs up around 4k and let the car coast in gear for a few seconds. Then I clutched in and the revs went up! So it's not due to any throttle on the drivers end, it's gotta be something the car is doing which I am not too crazy about.

2 There is very little "new car smell" to this car And what there is seems to be overwhelmed by the nasty CAT and new engine smells... at least I hope it's supposed to smell that way...

Oh and yes, that is the protective plastic I was peeling off... I didn't want anyone test drivinng it before I bought it and I was going to wash it when I got home anyway so I asked them to leave it on. That way it was much less likely either happened. I had 5 on the odometer when I got it despite specifically asking for 2 or less but at that point I wasn't going to make a fuss...
Old 06-08-2008, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

congrats on the new ride man....

welcome to the fabulous life with the tC
Old 06-08-2008, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

welcome to the family!!
Old 06-08-2008, 06:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Devedander
Oh and yes, that is the protective plastic I was peeling off... I didn't want anyone test drivinng it before I bought it and I was going to wash it when I got home anyway so I asked them to leave it on. That way it was much less likely either happened. I had 5 on the odometer when I got it despite specifically asking for 2 or less but at that point I wasn't going to make a fuss...
1. The dealership didn't even 'prep' the car before you drove it off the lot? What a joke.
2. If you put a deposit on the car, they shouldn't let ANYBODY test drive it.
3. Yeah, GL with the request the odo mileage. Dealerships don't have control over that until the tC hits their lot.
4. Congrats!! Enjoy the ride!!
Old 06-08-2008, 07:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

congrads
Old 06-08-2008, 07:33 AM
SL Member

The dealer didn't screw me on the prep... I wanted to wash the car myself when I got home anyway so I figured I wouldn't bother them with washing it. They did the fuses and vacumed the inside for me which is all I really wanted.

Yeah they SHOUDLN'T let someone drive a car with a deposit on it but I figured it was an extra line of protection.... I am kind of **** that way

When I requested a 0 mile car I told them I was willing to wait if I had to and it was made clear it wouldn't be 0 exactly... they did find me a 0 mile car before (they found it at port and A Traded it shortly after) so to some extent it's possible. My main concern was not getting one that had a few hundred miles on it or that was driven (who knows how well) from another dealership.

Thanks for the congrats! I put a few more miles on it today running around town and tinkerinng with the stereo... the car is treaking me great so far but I am having problems adjusting to the clutch... after a 230k miles clutch in a 120hp car this is a drastic change... for the better in the end I am sure