2005-2010 [ANT10]

First Ticket..

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 10:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

____ i was going 75 in a 35.
cop pulled me over n asked why i was going so fast, i said im laste for school im getting an education. lol and he was like is that so? and i said yeah, he went back in the car i guess he rang my plates up saw that i ahd no speeding tickets and then he asked me "give me one good reason why i should not give u a toicket right now" I said im late for school and he said alright and walked away.
he could taken away my license
Old 11-16-2007, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

you can go to the court house and file something along the lines of your right of discovery
Old 11-16-2007, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
absolute red, also known as probable cause red.

if he says he clocked you doing 85, and you know you were only doing 75, you should have asked to see his radar gun, he has to show you if you do.
I can only guess that this differs in each state, as far as NY is concerned the answer is no! They do not have to show you your clocked speed on the gun. They can if they want to but are under no obligation to do so.

Information was provided by my former criminal justice professor who prior to retiring was a police officer.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

trent i mean like drivers license and registration and all that but i've never had to step out of my car and walk to the back of my car before is that normal with a speeding ticket? or is he discriminating against me and my car?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont think it was discrimination by any means. Something else must have been going on at that time involving a red "sporty looking" car. Saw yours, pulled you over and could have given you the ticket to save face. Or you just arent telling us the whole story.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

thats the whole story, but cops do discriminate against red and black sport coupes...
Old 11-16-2007, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude the best excuse i use is at night,

state trooper pulls me over, and i turn down the dimmer switch so it looks like my dash lights are out, and i make up some excuse saying i think a fuse is blown and im taking it to toyota tommorow and i thought other drivers would be driving a lawful speed so i was following them. :-)
Old 11-16-2007, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Red cars are cop magnets. My first ticket was in a Red Mirage.

Although the cop lowered my speed from 15 over the limit to nine over cause it was my first ticket.

_____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-28-2020 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Year Badge
Old 11-16-2007, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SiL3nTKiLL
dude the best excuse i use is at night,

state trooper pulls me over, and i turn down the dimmer switch so it looks like my dash lights are out, and i make up some excuse saying i think a fuse is blown and im taking it to toyota tommorow and i thought other drivers would be driving a lawful speed so i was following them. :-)
That only works as long as there are other cars on the road going your speed. What if the road is empty or you are passing everyone? I hope you dont try that excuse then
Old 11-16-2007, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the other day i was doing 85 on the highway and i hear the laser alert go off on my radar detector and when the sheriff pulled me over, he did't said a word to me he was just like "licence and proof of insurance" and he wrote the ticket in like 30 seconds and said "you may leave." i was surprised that he didn't even ran my licence or asked me anything. he also wrote me down for 79, and as i was leaving, i looked at my rear view mirror and he was already pointing his laser gun to the cars behind.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Icebound
thats the whole story, but cops do discriminate against red and black sport coupes...
Perhaps Black or red cars are pulled over more frequently, because they are frequently the choice of younger drivers who are more prone to traffic violations. The police officer is not required to show you his radar gun, unless some pinko commie state has passed this law. You can get a subpena for any video of the stop, but also know that not all have video.

But I do love the way everyone say police are discriminating or harassing them any time they get in trouble. More often than not I'd say this is untrue. After all, do you think anyone in jail will say they are guilty?

Instead perhaps you should think of the totality of the circumstances, instead of getting defensive. Perhaps there was an error of equipment. Perhaps another vehicle or object was interfering with the radar signal. Perhaps you were going faster than you believed you were. When people automatically get defensive saying they were falsly accused, I'd think they were more likely to be guilty.

That being said, I have been cited for not wearing a seatbelt by our local state trooper, on the last day of high school. I was wearing my seatbelt. So did he wrongfully write me? I don't think so. Due to my inexperiance then, Upon being stopped by the trooper, I did something stupid. I removed my seatbelt and grabbed my insurance from the glovebox while he approached my vehicle. When he got to me, the belt was off. Now the probable cause for the stop? Can't say. But at the time I thought I was being harassed. Now? Heh. I probably would have done the same in his shoes.

Police are not out to get you, but if they have cause to believe your up to something illegal, bring donuts.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Donuts lol thats rich, but yea i was doing 5 over the limit but dunno why he had to add an extra 10 mph to the ticket.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Delta
My friend does this crazy lie with cops when hes cought speeding lol. He keeps a hose and a hot glue gun in his trunk so if the cops catch him speeding he says he has a water bed in his house and it sprung a leak and he just got the hose to hurry up and take out the water before it floods the house and the hot glue gun to seal the hole. He says it works but either way its funny lol.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Icebound
doesn't say unless its under violations where it says speeding "SR RA" dunno what sr ra means Also funny thing is he wrote my car down as being a Nissan. Just noticed it.
That's all the proof you need. Take it to the judge and tell him the police officer wrongfully pulled you over and confused you over the other driver (nissan).

Case dismissed.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

would that work?
Old 11-16-2007, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

lol holes in the system
Old 11-16-2007, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes it would
Old 11-16-2007, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've gotta about 4 traffic tickets and like 3 verbal warning. 2 speeding.. i figure whats one speeding ticket to all the other times i was speeding.

think of it as some kinda ratio something like 1 : X

X being how many times you've gone 5mph over the speed limit, rolling stop signs, etc.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn, pulled over for 5 over man that sucks. i got pulled over last night for an "amplified" exhaust and no front plate. sucks cuz my exhaust is less than 95dB and the cop was just being a d*ck i think. tried to get me for having a radar detector too lol
Old 11-17-2007, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by andino
damn, pulled over for 5 over man that sucks. i got pulled over last night for an "amplified" exhaust and no front plate. sucks cuz my exhaust is less than 95dB and the cop was just being a d*ck i think. tried to get me for having a radar detector too lol
yeah i've noticed that they look at me alot cause i have a radar detector but i just look at them and say good evening and they say good afternoon or have a good night and drive safe HAHAHA. but yeah they follow me around for blocks and since my record is clean and my car doesn't look all ricey, it's all good.

Quick Reply: First Ticket..