Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

First timer. DUI? NExt time Im car pooling.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: First timer. DUI? NExt time Im car pooling.

Originally Posted by gas_meet_foot
Originally Posted by pmarlowe
And how much would a DUI attourney cost?[/b]
...not as much as insurance with a DUI, your potential loss in income as a felon (it's not a felony in Texas, but could be where you are), and all the other crap you may go through.

Lawyer up NOW.
doubt that's going to do him any good. all a lawyer's going to do is tell you to plead guilty. have had friends who hired lawyers for 2k a shot, the lawyer suggested all sorts of interesting defenses (cough medicine, etc), and in the end the kid was just as screwed as if he'd walked up and said "guilty, your honor", and he could've saved himself a ton of cash. basically, you're F'd. blowing .11 or .12 would've been guilty under the older, more lenient standards of .10, and now most states are .08.

you were also in trouble for driving so soon after drinking... the fact that you blew higher later in the night meant your body was still absorbing alcohol. if you'd waited 2 hours or so after drinking before you left, your body would (hopefully) have been done absorbing alcohol, so your BAC would go *down* instead of up. I was only pulled over once for this, and blew a .08 by the side of the road. I was taken back to the station where I blew a .06 (approximately 45min to an hour later), and was let off with a speeding ticket. It's no joke, and I've been a hell of a lot more careful ever since.

so basically, suck it up, plead guilty (or see if there's a program you can sign on to), and LEARN YOUR LESSON. Just imagine if you'd gotten into an accident (your fault or not)...