5 Year Member

SL Member

It's so ugly, it's hot.
Old 10-27-2004, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I like it, but i wouldn't buy it. Nice job though putting it together.

Good Luck at SEMA!

:D
Old 10-27-2004, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Thanks, Answers, Comments

Originally Posted by zboytroy
AND OUR WEBSITE IS.......... www.5axismodels.net like the one on every picture!

T
I'm a dumbass! I was so captivated by the pics that I didn't even notice the corner!
The more I look at it, the more I like it, and the more the interior bugs me. It's so plain and bland. And I too think a fixed screen would have been nicer in the double din then a flip out, but I guess pioneer doesn't make one like Kenwood does. I guess you take what you get.

Oh, and I don't know about the single center exhaust either. It's always bugged me on the Porche Boxter, and I dont' think I really like it here either.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Head Unit Blues

I'm a dumbass! I was so captivated by the pics that I didn't even notice the corner!
You're excused.... captivation in this case is a good thing.

And I too think a fixed screen would have been nicer in the double din then a flip out, but I guess pioneer doesn't make one like Kenwood does.
Patience.... I hear you on the double DIN. I think someone else hears you too so why don't you wait until CES and see what we come up with. The car will be in the Pioneer booth for that show. :D

As for the interior... see it in person and you may appreciate it more. At the Toyota dealer show people couldn't keep their hands off the Alcantara.... kinda like petting a soft kitty. MEEEEEOOOOOW

We are adding a few minor details today. We just aren't from the school of 50 monitors, body color accents, fur, gold, or overplayed carbon.... Clean and sporty

T
Old 10-27-2004, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Head Unit Blues

As for the interior... see it in person and you may appreciate it more. At the Toyota dealer show people couldn't keep their hands off the Alcantara.... kinda like petting a soft kitty. MEEEEEOOOOOW
Yah, that was actually something I forgot to mention; I dig the interior. I wasn't positive (lack of closeup) but it looked like you had that soft stuff over everything. I definitely like. Clean and comfortable
Old 10-27-2004, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im not gonna be a dick and say it looks like ____, Because it deff does not!

the color is not in my own personal taste! a little to "teenager" for me, But the body is Very nice, and i like the interior!

i think u guys did a great job, just not my taste, But i know good work when i see it!

nice!
Old 10-27-2004, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Head Unit Blues

Patience.... I hear you on the double DIN. I think someone else hears you too so why don't you wait until CES and see what we come up with. The car will be in the Pioneer booth for that show. :D

T
AWSOME! I missed out on early registration for SEMA (and it being strictly during the week doesn't help), but I go to CES every year! I will deffinately see you there!

The color reminds me of a Lamborghini. Very nice!
Old 10-27-2004, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well I happened to hack into 5 axis mainframe and stole this pic ( I hope that I dont get caught) Shhhhhh.......

Its a mod list so no more guessing on whats in the car.

as for building an xA, hmmmmm........Ill keep searching.

Old 10-28-2004, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Wow! I have heard the rumors about that car for awhile....can't wait to see it in person next week. I still haven't had a chance to see the DJ car yet either, I'm excited.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Fort Knox.... I guess NOT!

Well I happened to hack into 5 axis mainframe and stole this pic ( I hope that I dont get caught) Shhhhhh.......
i just got a call from one of my "highly confidential" clients and they are concerned that if any schmoe like you can hack in then we need another fire wall.

appreciate it!
Old 10-28-2004, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Rumors

as for building an xA, hmmmmm........Ill keep searching.
and.... don't go startin anything regarding an xA..... what we got cooking has nothing to do with what you are thinking... nuff said
Old 10-28-2004, 01:08 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

While props are due for having one of the first semi-built showcar tC's...execution turned out to be somewhat dissapointing. Your designers made a very good looking tC on paper but the final product is lacking in originality which is what your xB brought to the table.

The main problem is the rear "widebody" section. THe fender flare looks great which is where you should have left it but having the widebody from the door on looks like it was placed there without much thought put into it. How bout widebodying the entire side of the car excluding the door. Have it flare out from the bottom of the window and top of trunk and extending it out the the real bodyline of the car. Where your current widebody begins, it looks as if there are 2 bodylines...yours being very out of place. then have the widebody follow your plan flowing into the flares.

You're doing a lot more interior right? The dash is so plain and needs more color or atleast a nice wrap. The stereo looks decent...the speakers on top of the lid were great...but having an oversized tv (which is pointless in my ming even for CES, and it looks like some of those POS cars you see at shows who got sponsored and just put whatever free ____ into their car whithout thinking of the final product) flow into some dinky looking basic box is kind of sorry compared to the final product of the xB.

The rims and bodykit are kinda nice but the polished lip doesn't look like it belongs with the lime green. The bodykit looks like you jacked a Tiburon front but I did end up liking it because I have always been a fan of "drift style" bodykits and yours has that feeling to it. The diffuser in the rear looks like you wanted to copy the front of your xB which doesn't flow with the rest of the car.

Well...that's my feeling on this. All you people love this car yet you make fun of those who use the word rice, put mad gauges in their cars, or who have oversized spoilers. This car is ending up to be the ultimate poster boy for rice (even though I never use that word to describe any POS car...which this is not)...and EVERYONE sees this and is greatly in love with it.

STOP KIDDING YOURSELVES!!!
Old 10-28-2004, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by showpaojoe

Well...that's my feeling on this. All you people love this car yet you make fun of those who use the word rice, put mad gauges in their cars, or who have oversized spoilers. This car is ending up to be the ultimate poster boy for rice (even though I never use that word to describe any POS car...which this is not)...and EVERYONE sees this and is greatly in love with it.

STOP KIDDING YOURSELVES!!!

whos kidding who?? its a matter of Opinion and taste

its like you liking your own music and telling somebody that they have a bad taste in music... no one can tell anyone else that their taste in music is bad, people's tastes are just that, their taste. its subjective.

it all comes back to respecting peoples choice and opinion.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Perfect

CDX8 wrote:
its like you liking your own music and telling somebody that they have a bad taste in music... no one can tell anyone else that their taste in music is bad, people's tastes are just that, their taste. its subjective.

it all comes back to respecting peoples choice and opinion.
Nicely put or should I say "Ricely" ha
Old 10-28-2004, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I can see where he's coming from. Honestly I thought the same thing (ie I thought it fit alot of users' seeming definition of "rice"). I just didn't mention it, because there's no need in offending people. It does seem hypocritical of some though. I firmly believe that if someone else had done some of these things to their car (like a "normal" user), there would have been many "RICE!!!" posts. *shrug*

Personally I think the concept of rice.... or rather making fun of people for it, is elitist and brings to mind "Snobbish _______." I don't run around pointing at people's clothes and yelling "Tacky!!!" even if they were to post a pic of themselves on the net. Assuming they're not full of themselves. It's one thing to tactfully give your opinion on something if it's requested of you, but to landblast someone with negativity is petty imo.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

HEY IT HAS AN AVIC-N1 :D

Finally a pic of it installed
Old 10-28-2004, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG, i just orgasmed, gotta change my pants............. okay back omg thats sooo hot, I love it. -Matt
Old 10-28-2004, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yes that is quite lovely.
color pick not up to personal taste.
widebody is sexxy.
yess. :D
Old 10-28-2004, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

The body kit is ill, but aren't the wheel wells a little too close to the tires LOL.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

HOT DAMN!!!! :o :D That body kit is SLAMMING!!!!!! I will be first on my block to get it!!!!

Quick Reply: Five Axis Scion tC at SEMA