Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Forced Induction Racing Scion tC Turbo kit development..

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member

Default Forced Induction Racing Scion tC Turbo kit development..

Hello all..

My name is Travis.. I own a small performance shop in Southern Louisiana (www.fi-r.com). We have over 10 years of combined experience on import and domestic experience in Turbocharging, Supercharging, and Nitrous Injection.
Growing up, I did a lot of small block Chevy work.. and have built a few nice domestic cars. The last 4 years or so.. we have catered to the Nissan community. A few accomplishments over the last few years..

Highest (stateside) HP production from a SR20DET (661whp/583ft lbs)
First production bolt-on turbo kit for the SE-R Spec V (275whp/250ft lbs on stock engine)
First fully built Spec V (401whp/350ft lbs on pump gas)
First DET swapped B15 Sentra (00+ model)
First to build a destroked QR25DE motor

Ever since the Scion TC was unveiled, I've taken a back-seat.. and have watched the sales numbers/interest in the car. I think there's enough market now to warrant some R&D in a bolt-on, low-cost turbo kit.. as well as engine internal R&D. I'm not one to step on anyone's toes.. and I respect the work that the companys here are doing.. However, I want to get into the Scion market, and offer a reliable, affordable, bolt-on turbo kit for the TC guys. Rough estimates give me a MSRP of around 2500-3700.00.. providing 3 levels of entry. The first bieng a kit that provides the main parts needed.. minus the fuel system and misc. parts. The second level would be a low-boost entry kit priced between the low and high MSRP. The third would be a kit tuned for the max amount of power that can safely be made on a stock block. Fuel system AND timing will be addressed.

One thing I like about the Scion.. is that it presents a lot of the same challenges that we were faced with when we did the Spec V turbo kit R&D. I'll be gathering some info over the next month or so... and I'll be looking for someone in the south.. who would be willing to work with me on development. I will make it worth that person's time... please PM me for details.

Here's some pictures of some of the work that we do.. including our Spec V bolt-on kit.

bolt-on turbo kit
Turbo components before ceramic coating

S14 with SR swap..

400whp Spec V
Prototype 4-2-1 stainless manifold
Dyno chart

Here's a video of one of our Spec V's

http://www.fi-r.com/images/Dion330whp.wmv Spec V, open DP, 330whp

If anyone in the south is interested in working with me on this... I'd be willing to make arrangements to sit down and talk face to face.. and show you first-hand some of our accomplishments. Again, please PM me for more details. Thanks..

Travis Burelle
www.fi-r.com

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-14-2017 at 11:35 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-12-2004, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

where excaclty in the south are u located?
Old 11-12-2004, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Welcome to the Site! Please do not double post. I will lock this thread and leave the one in the Power Hungry Section opened.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...324&highlight=

Locked! :D