Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

forcetracker

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member

Default forcetracker

Alright, i seem to be the only one being charged 1000 dollars for a forcetracker, because i did a search. I went over my contract, when i noticed the cash sale price seems unusually high. realized that the price was exaggerated by about 2500. i did the math, it couldn't be all tax. so i went to dealership. finance manager tells me its a forcetracker? i don't know, but wtf? i never purchased that?! then i was told it automatically comes with the car?it seems fishy, i might report them to the better business bureau. but i just wanted to check if other scion tC owners went through this problem? Also the finance manager explains that 1400 of that was taxes, the extra 1000 went to pay a bank charge? because of my fathers extremely good credit, i was getting about 4.3% but since that is lower than usual, i would incur a 650 bank charge? and then i am basically paying 350 for the forcetracker(normally it is 1000). im sorry if i lost anyone in this post, but im just a bit frustrated at not looking at this when i signed the contract. BTW this is FIVE TOWN SCION <---- never go here for anything!
Old 04-28-2005, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what the hell is forcetracker? Never heard of it in my life. Sure didnt come in my car, it wasn't even a dealer option. Sounds like some BS to me.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^^ Same
Old 04-28-2005, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Never heard of it....maybe farce-tracker.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Searched the web for you and came up with this...I dont know if this is your report..but looks like someone else is complaining about toyota too. Hope this helps. I did another search to for FORCETRACKER and came up with an anti-theft locating system thing. So i am not sure what they made you buy.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp...0&view=printer
Old 04-28-2005, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've never heard of a forcetracker, but it sounds like maybe it's some sort of LOJACK sort of thing. If so, $1000 is probably about the going rate (before monitoring chages) but the fact is that you DIDN"T ASK FOR IT! Go back to the dealer and start complaining. Take your dad. Oh... by the way, once you've signed papers with a shifty dealer like this, you can probably get your money back or whatever, but it's going to be a TON of work. Sorry for telling you now, but this is the kind of place you need to walk out of before you even set foot inside.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah..i am ____ed about a device the put on my car...called the CARLOCK. It's another ani-theft device that wont let the car start unless you do a certain trick to the car. IT's pretty annoying if you ask me. Costed me $350, and it was not offered to me just put on there! i found out later that the salesman was supposed to ask me if i wanted to keep it on thier..i was ____ed! i went back to tell them i wanted my money back or use the money for a mod for my car. Well they said i would have to go through finance bla bla bla...i said forget it thats gonna be to much of a hassle!
Old 04-28-2005, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sounds like Honda's StarGuard (which I always hated). It's like the worst part of an alarm - all the hassle on you. This isn't news though - dealers do everything they can to rip you off quite often. Some dealers are better. Mine in Bellevue was pretty good, but they did have VIN Etching on the Monrolney sticker. It was the first thing I asked them about. They said "we put that on all the stickers but don't do it unless you want it". It seems to me if they really felt that way they would just offer it to you and not put it on the sticker. For $200, I just kept my money. I hear you can do it youself with a $20 kit if you care.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member

yeah some bull____, i did some research too, forcetracker supposedly cost 200. I don't really care TOO much about the 1000, but its just i don't like the feeling that i was taken. shoot, i thought i was well informed, but the fact that this was the first brand new car i brought ( dad sign, but i paid for everything, he has incredible credit rating lol) so i rushed a little bit. well for anyone in NY, never go to FIVE TOWN SCION. i will make sure that someone is gonna be held responsible. And get this, the person who told me about a bank fee(650) and that the forcetracker was installed onto the car is the finance manager. i can't wait till monday when i see the General Manager. If i don't get a satisfactory response, i certainlly will file a report with the better business bureau, scion, and toyota. freaken crooks man...
Old 04-28-2005, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Definitely - post in your regional area too - it seems like some dealerships are just plain bad. Also, I don't know how this dealership is set up, but my dealership had a seperate Scion area with seperate Scion people. And then at the end they had to pass me to the Toyota finance people. Make sure the Scion guys know what's going on over in finance. That fee sounds like fraud to me - unless they just explained it poorly, that's not ok. But either way it sounds like it's definitely General Manager time. Be polite but insist that they give you an explanation you understand, especially for the fees.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member

YEah definitely will speak to the general manager. He is on vacation, and will be back on monday. i'm not very upset anymore because i am pretty sure i will get my 1000 back. and that is something that will always make someone happier.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No wonder the first word is FORCE. They finda force you on purchasing it. and i guess the tracker. is to see if you actually track all the charges. dumb i know but just had to write something ahahha. sorry for your experience. my dealership was pretty much cut n dry and didn't force me on buying anything. they never said anything bout no forcetracker though. i feel so left out. lol
Old 04-29-2005, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

honestly, i think you got jipped. for me, when i bought it, i basically brought the terms of contract to my dealer. i had all the options spec'ed and priced out, got my FICO score, and calculated all the monthly payments, etc. the only thing i didn't account for were the DMV taxes/registration fee. with that, they couldn't force anything on me, since scion is all about pure pricing. if they didn't do pure pricing with me, ill bring my $17k else where. not worth the hassle to me. but in the end, my dealer was da bombz, and she just used my sheet to fill out the order. i had done most of the work for her already!! sweet.

also, yes, VIN etching is $20 only. i got the kit 2 wks ago, and did it myself one afternoon. it was a _____ since the tC has got soooo many glass pieces, like the 5 alone on top of the car (windshield, air dam, sliding roof, rear roof, and hatch). look around, but the prices are cheap and you can do it right yourself.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

hey you guys got it easy...
atleast you guys got something when you got jipped off..
i got jipped off and got nothing..
read my sig about MVA (master value adjustment)
i got charged an xtra 1000... just for gettin the car in june (6/28/04)
lol...AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! karma...
Old 04-29-2005, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Since the Scions are NO HAGGLE cars, everyone needs to watch that the dealer is not adding on "extras" in order to make a larger profit. If the dealer has added, then go to another as the dealer will also try to rip you off on other things.

Buyer beware........

Kevin
Old 04-29-2005, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scoobyroo2002
Yeah..i am ____ed about a device the put on my car...called the CARLOCK. It's another ani-theft device that wont let the car start unless you do a certain trick to the car. IT's pretty annoying if you ask me. Costed me $350, and it was not offered to me just put on there! i found out later that the salesman was supposed to ask me if i wanted to keep it on thier..i was ____ed! i went back to tell them i wanted my money back or use the money for a mod for my car. Well they said i would have to go through finance bla bla bla...i said forget it thats gonna be to much of a hassle!
call scion about that one. you do not need to buy anything extra for your car, your salesman is suppossed to sell you the car bone stock with all the stuff removed. you have a choice to buy it or not
Old 04-29-2005, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xnevergiveinx
call scion about that one. you do not need to buy anything extra for your car, your salesman is suppossed to sell you the car bone stock with all the stuff removed. you have a choice to buy it or not
BTW, if anyone is interested in taking this to the next level, or just has something to gripe about some stupid dealership, call Scion Customer Experience Center at (866) 707-2466. have fun.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by epitek
Originally Posted by xnevergiveinx
BTW, if anyone is interested in taking this to the next level, or just has something to gripe about some stupid dealership, call Scion Customer Experience Center at (866) 707-2466. have fun.
i called customer service a long long long time ago..
and they cant do anything..
they pretty much just call the dealer you had a problem with
and the dealer will call you.. and ask what is wrong
and they will tell you you cant do anything either...
cuz at the bottom of every page where you signed on the dotted line....
has your signature.. and everything above that.. states what it is your purchasing..
NO HAGGLING = B....S........ poopy...

have a nice day

if im wrong. please tell me. then i can get another 1k back to put back into my car..
instead of into their pockets... lol
Old 05-09-2005, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member

well i am pleased to announce that i did get the matter addressed to the general manager. He resovled it quite easily too. He pointed out that there was no bank fee, and if i didn't activate the forcetracker, nor did i ask for it. he will refund me the $995 for it along with the sales tax. too bad for me he didn't accrue the interest that was involved with the financing, but im just too happy to get some justice from a dealership
Old 05-09-2005, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

great, I would be happy with just getting close to a a grand back too.