Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

funny looking TC....am i the only one...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 03:23 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by krgion03
I think the suicide doors looks crappy on the tC. And the Avensis?...no thank you...if I want a Corolla i'd buy one.

As for the tC being a little "different looking"...isn't that what makes it a Scion? It's supposed to be funky...you wouldn't want it to look like a Toyota would you?

I think it looks awesome
having had the crossfire, 350Z and RX-8 i love a unique look...but the TC seem to me like a quick brain fart....it has no flow and the gaps in the hood....yuck I think they should have refined the look more....
Old 07-05-2004, 10:15 PM
Banned
SL Member

I am so unhappy....
Old 07-05-2004, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default why?

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
I am so unhappy....
why? :?
Old 07-06-2004, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Default Re: why?

Originally Posted by nero tC
I am so unhappy....
why? :?
read her posts... she's disappointed in the tC. She's been eyeing it since the press release came out.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Default Re: funny looking TC....am i the only one...

I went back to the dealer to buy my TC... did another test drive and stopped and really looked at it....It seems that the hood is to short and the back wheels look goofy........I left with out the car I have wanted from the start has anyone else felt the same after seeing it in daylight?????
Nope. Love the car.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh well she has alot of money she can by whatever DOES make her happy.... She can also by me a body kit
Old 07-06-2004, 01:31 AM
Banned
SL Member

I am so unhappy....
We all know you want the xB :D Or the big butt '04 Solara V6 SE:
This one is modded...check out the big smiling front fascia
Old 07-06-2004, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member

Default Hey true that

Code:
I went back to the dealer to buy my TC... did another test drive and stopped and really looked at it....It seems that the hood is to short and the back wheels look goofy........I left with out the car I have wanted from the start has anyone else felt the same after seeing it in daylight?????
I saw it, AND i felt the SAME way!! I decided not to get it, and am now looking at a Honda Civic, Toyota Carolla S, Or even an Used BMW coupe that runs about 20,000. It just didnt appeal to me anymore, and all my friends said it looked "ugly". Well i dont know truly, i have lost interest in it completely. I have guys from Mazda calling me to sell me the 3 and 6. Well i dont know, for those of you guys actually wanting to buy it, take a GOOD look in the SUN :D .
Old 07-06-2004, 01:56 AM
Banned
SL Member

Default Re: Hey true that

Originally Posted by tCLover
Code:
I saw it, AND i felt the SAME way!! I decided not to get it, and am now looking at a Honda Civic, Toyota Carolla S, Or even an Used BMW coupe that runs about 20,000. It just didnt appeal to me anymore, and all my friends said it looked "ugly". Well i dont know truly, i have lost interest in it completely. I have guys from Mazda calling me to sell me the 3 and 6. Well i dont know, for those of you guys actually wanting to buy it, take a GOOD look in the SUN :D .

Yes, then you see what i mean...its just plain ugly....I had high hopes for this car>>>>>>>
Old 07-06-2004, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok you two have repeatedly stated your dislike for the Scion TC, we get the message.

I have looked at it in the sun and I think it is looking better and better. In my opinion, the design is miles ahead of my 2003 Civic EX coupe. I have parked my Scion TC next to my Civic EX coupe and the design differences are night and day. I will admit the 2004 Civic has refreshed styling and the front and rear ground effects and new headlights do help it look better visually.

The 127HP 1.7L Vtec engine in my 2003 Civic does not come close to the power of my 163 Torque 2.4L Scion TC either. I am trying to be conservative and shifting at 3500 to 4000 but the power comes so fast I find myself shifting at 5000-6000 sometimes. My wife still likes the Civic so it is her car now.

Do not get me wrong, the Civic EX coupe is a great car and worth what it cost, it just feels like a $16,000 car while my Scion TC feels like a car that cost $20,000+.

I hope you two both get a car that you like.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Hey true that

Originally Posted by tCLover
Code:
Honda Civic: Ugly and weak
Toyota Corolla S: Weak and overpriced
Used BMW Coupe: Will break down all the time, and parts are VERY expensive
But hey, whatever floats your boat.
PS: Why haven't you changed your name yet? LOL
Old 07-06-2004, 09:27 AM
Banned
SL Member

No disrespect, I find the civic a ugly car also......I prefer the lines of a rx-8 or a XB or Xa much cleaner then those of a TC....

It just has no flow, and I have been waiting since the first time I saw the concept for th TC...
Old 07-06-2004, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really don't think the car looks different at all in person. It's exactly what I expected. Everyone I know that has seen the car in person or in pictures says that its a very sharp looking car and they like the design of it alot.

I'm sorry that it has disappointed you so much, but I think you're going overboard. From a design stand point, it's balanced quite well, and while I'm not saying that the tC is the best car every concieved by an auto design engineer, I am saying 80% of the cars I see on the road everyday are inferior to it.

I think you're just spoiled by 30k to 40k dollar sport cars.

(by the way I was disappointed by the RX-8 the first time I saw it. I've always thought the fenders on it look a bit goofy, especially the way the front ones stick out)
Old 07-06-2004, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by krgion03
I think the suicide doors looks crappy on the tC. And the Avensis?...no thank you...if I want a Corolla i'd buy one.

As for the tC being a little "different looking"...isn't that what makes it a Scion? It's supposed to be funky...you wouldn't want it to look like a Toyota would you?

I think it looks awesome
having had the crossfire, 350Z and RX-8 i love a unique look...but the TC seem to me like a quick brain fart....it has no flow and the gaps in the hood....yuck I think they should have refined the look more....
If you have HAD a crossfire, 350Z and RX-8, why would you even think of a tC???? I mean, if you can afford all of those cars, there would be no way i would get this....

Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by DuMa
i thought it coulda used a larger hood and smaller doors. there is a lot of space inside, perhaps too much.
You must not have seen the same tC that I have. It seems like a fun car but after banging my head getting in and it brushing the haedliner I knew it was really small. the only way Icould fit comfortably was with the seat all the way back and reclined.
I am only 5'8".

The car is perfect for people who are thin and short..
Old 07-06-2004, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It seems like a fun car but after banging my head getting in...
What are you throwing your body into the car?

the only way Icould fit comfortably was with the seat all the way back and reclined.
I am only 5'8".
Im right about 6'2 and i fit fine with about 3 inches to spare, so that 3 + the 6 inches you are shorter then me gives me 9inches thats pretty good but Maybe you just think you are to big for the car but anyways that is what that little lever is for on the side of the seat. up goes up down goes down
Old 07-06-2004, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

SO that is what the extra **** is for :oops:
Old 07-06-2004, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heh DAMN IT PEOPLE READ THE MANUAL! yeh man my legs felt soo much better when i lowered it all the way down...

Originally Posted by Fr8mvr
Old 07-06-2004, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Kaeon
Heh DAMN IT PEOPLE READ THE MANUAL! yeh man my legs felt soo much better when i lowered it all the way down...

Originally Posted by Fr8mvr
If only the new owner, ( a girl in my office ) had told me about it. Now we have 2 Scions in our lot.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:43 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by zizi
Ok you two have repeatedly stated your dislike for the Scion TC, we get the message.

I have looked at it in the sun and I think it is looking better and better. In my opinion, the design is miles ahead of my 2003 Civic EX coupe. I have parked my Scion TC next to my Civic EX coupe and the design differences are night and day. I will admit the 2004 Civic has refreshed styling and the front and rear ground effects and new headlights do help it look better visually.

The 127HP 1.7L Vtec engine in my 2003 Civic does not come close to the power of my 163 Torque 2.4L Scion TC either. I am trying to be conservative and shifting at 3500 to 4000 but the power comes so fast I find myself shifting at 5000-6000 sometimes. My wife still likes the Civic so it is her car now.

Do not get me wrong, the Civic EX coupe is a great car and worth what it cost, it just feels like a $16,000 car while my Scion TC feels like a car that cost $20,000+.

I hope you two both get a car that you like.
If you bdont like my post ziz then stop posting on them...and go drive your tc

Quick Reply: funny looking TC....am i the only one...