2005-2010 [ANT10]

Getting rid of the 07 s/c'd tc

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Getting rid of the 07 s/c'd tc

Well, I had a law suit against TOYMOCO and they have agreed to buy my car back at 100% cost, plus all upgrades I can provide proof for.

Looks like Ill be getting a brand new whip, and getting rid of my problem scion. Car only had 26k on it, has been through 2 motors, 2 s/c's (I have a BRAND NEW s/c from them ready to be sold), 4 cat converters, 2 clutches/master cyls, 2 exhausts ect.

I will be making a for sale thread once I yank parts off but I just wanted to post about my experience with toyota, and thank god they stepped up to the plate on this one. I bought two other BRAND new toyotas cash from them, and have never had so many problems like this before.

I will be putting some of my RS parts up for sale (rs1 grill, rs3 tails, rs5 floormats) as well as a complete supercharger (new), my custom fiberglassed trunk setup with 2 12's, Limited edition TRD strut bar, TRD supercharged carbon engine cover, my STOPTECH BBK (sold for $2200 initially from StopTech). TRD Rims, with near new tires.

It is unclear yet if toyota is giving me my money back, or complete credit twards a new car. I am hoping I dont get credit, because I am not really interested in another tC, and not so interested in a FRS. I am now leaning twards getting out of the "scene" and getting a brand new benz sedan. If I have to get another toyota, I may see if I can have them switch it over at least to a lexus. I have another highly modded car (ep3 SI) and want to get into the luxury cars, and get away from these cheaper cars I would end up modding.

I wanted to make this post to tell anyone that has been having SERIOUS problems about my results. Contact a car lemon law atty if you have to. My case they were saying I would get a SMALL check from toyota because I was past the time frame for a lemon law claim, but toyota stepped up and is buying the car back - because its the RIGHT thing to do. If anyone is interested in the firm I used, I will provide you with their number. They really got the results I was blown away with. I did not expect toyota to buy the car back after this amount of time - but my problems are ALL documented, and ALL toyota serviced. I had 15 pages of REPAIRS of seperate incidents, which had my car to the shop about 45-50 times to toyota.. All of which, I put 26k on my car in total.

Last edited by torqueTc; 06-26-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to hear about your problems but at least you are going to get money back for it!

how much are you going to sell the rs3 tails for?
Old 06-27-2012, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow sorry to hear about.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yo bud can you get into specifics about the problems you were having? or did you make another thread about that...Interested to see what you were going through...

sorry to hear about all the problems...keep me posted on what you got for sale.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cisco_TeamShogun
yo bud can you get into specifics about the problems you were having? or did you make another thread about that...Interested to see what you were going through...

sorry to hear about all the problems...keep me posted on what you got for sale.
Yah bro, I posted what the problems were... at 5k I needed a new shortblock (piston detonated) , kept burning through cats (4 of them), was on 2nd s/c, 2nd trd exhaust, car wore through 2 BRAND new tires on the front passenger side each at 7k miles, (all other tires were fine??) Even though the car had been aligned with a laser alignment about 4 times. Spark plug disintigrated, various oil leaks, s/c hoses oil soaked (which led to burned cats I believe).

My main issue, is I would get it "fixed" drive it home (I went to a specific dealership, even after I moved, I made the extra drive past 2 dealerships to go to this one) and every time something was "fixed" I would get the car 25 miles home, and same isht would be broken AGAIN or was not fixed right. The reason I went to them, they ALWAYS gave me a loaner car for the week or whatever they fixed my car for. Other dealerships around here do not have a loaner program.

I bought 2 other brand new toyotas cash from these guys, so they DID treat me well.. they just could never fix my problems. I am to the point in my life, I dont have time to effff around with car dealerships anymore to the extent that I did. I want to buy a highend car, not open the motor up, and just drive it. I already have a modded EP3 (civic SI) which is MORE fun to drive than my tc, even though its older.. so now I want either a luxury car (benz sedan) or a 05-06 corvette.. I am not messing around with little motors, and trying to make something sporty any more. I have a mod car, and I will stick with that. I also have a 08 CBR1000rr that will drop 190mph no problem.. so I dont really "need" the corvette. But.. I am a car addict, and something about that just wont let me get a basic car lol.

If I *were* to get a lower powered car, I would get the GTI (I love launch control) or a volvodesign c30R. I have thought of getting a used NSX, or possibly a mint condition teg type R. I am kind of leery of used cars, but for some reason the hondas make great used cars. But a friend brought up the idea of a used vette.. and you get TONS of power, cheap to fix, reliable, and pretty new. Vettes also hold value.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds good for you, weery on vette though. They are dogged out hard before sold by private sales. So be prepared to do some work. They are sports cars. So people typically drive them that way.

Dad has a z06 it's really nice.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin
Sounds good for you, weery on vette though. They are dogged out hard before sold by private sales. So be prepared to do some work. They are sports cars. So people typically drive them that way.

Dad has a z06 it's really nice.

I dunno man, a lot of old dudes own them, and for the most part, they make so much power that its hard to use 100% of it all the time, and beat on it. For example, if your driving your tC as hard as possible, you can use ALL of the power available. For a 450hp vette, its hard to use 100% of it all the time.

And your also talking about complete opposite end of the spectrum owners. Most vette owners, have multiple vehicles.. where as a lot of tc owners, its the only car they own. (Does not count as you have "multiple" vehicles if your wife is driving your OTHER car in my eyes. You might "OWN" 2, but each has a primary driver)... A lot of vette owners have money, and dont neglect service.

Obviously, I am not going to just buy whatever comes my way. I would only buy a documented car, low mileage, and enthusiast owned. I am a stickler for service records, and usually you can see if someone takes care of the car by the service records.

Since I have other vehicles, I am in NO rush to spend the check from my scion.