Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Got Jacked? Share Your Story.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 03:34 AM

SengTC3, Your parents didnt do crap? Im sorry to hear that... They are human beings commiting home invasions..Your dad should of beat the living crap out of those 2. I dontknow what I would do if I found some random stranger looking through my crap.

also to stay on topic.. I live in miami so imma check those coords out. thanks for the info.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

In 2001 I drove a 91 Corolla GTS. One day at work (JC Penny's) I just happened to be helping a women to her car and saw a car pull away quickly from the side of mine in the back parking lot. I could see the shimmer of broken glass all around my car and quickly became very angry. I immediately went inside and called the police and then went out to inspect the damage:
4 broken windows
Dash stabbed many times
Steering wheel stabbed many times
Shredded seats

What the thieves were after was my stereo system, 4 12's and my amps and head unit. When the found out they could not steal any of them due to a combination of complex installation and booby trapping, they took their anger out on my car's interior.

An officer showed up in about 10ish minutes, as this had been the fourth burglarized car that night. The difference was this time, I had seen them drive away, big mistake. After giving the officer an extremely detailed description of the car (down to the one missing hubcap), he radioed a BOLO for the thieves.

At about 2 A.M. I got a knock on my door, it was the police, and they had found the perps and needed me to officially ID the car and claim my belongings. When I arrived at the scene, lets just say I have seen pirate ships with less loot. These guys were so dumb that they just drove around all night, breaking into cars and keeping the haul in the car. It being a small town, this is a pretty bad idea as I actually found the belongings of 3 different people I knew personally. All in all:
x1 severely F@#$ed car interior
x2 dumbasses (also they were high from inhaling gas fumes) in jail
recovered college books and my damn insurance cards (yeah they took them)
Old 04-11-2008, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

damn that sucks! I would drop kick em in the face if i saw them.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:13 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

one day, i was playing videogames in my house and i heard the door open, i thought it was my brother so i just kept playing games, then i heard oh ____.

and realized the voice wasn't my brother.

so i ran out to hte garage and saw that they opened all the panels in the garage...which were filled with towels.

and they somewhat got in the house, and grabbed a stereo that i took out of my prelude...but didn't grab the faceplate

and took my backpack....which was lying there....that contained my diploma and my graduation gown.

HAH.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:16 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joyride
My dad knows a dude from work who came home to see some1 trying to steal his tail lights. He came up to the guy and was like "yo steal the other tail light too and ill pay you 500 bucks" The thief was like okay! The guy said brb going to get money, he went inside his house and got a bat. Came back outside to find the thief working on the other light. Takes the bat and smashes it into the back of the thief. It was his car that the dude was stealing lolol.

Dont know how the trial ended but still lol.
reminds me of when i heard my alarm going off when i was in the mall and ran out to the guy trying to steal my rims.

i asked if he neeeded help fixing a flat tire and proceeded to knock him in hte face and get the cops..i got in trouble for that ____.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by i-onix
SengTC3, Your parents didnt do crap? Im sorry to hear that... They are human beings commiting home invasions..Your dad should of beat the living crap out of those 2. I dontknow what I would do if I found some random stranger looking through my crap.

also to stay on topic.. I live in miami so imma check those coords out. thanks for the info.
My dads pretty old and has a bad knee, the kids were 16 and 17, so he couldn't do much. He caught them when he came back from work, they hopped over the fence and yeah. I mean no point of suing, whats loss is loss. Hopefully they get community service, thats all I'm wishing.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I feel as though we should get the right to beat the shyt out of the thieves if we catch them jacking our stuff.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My freshman year in college someone broke into my integra and stole my crappy $100 headunit and the CD that was in it.....

but they were nice enough to LOCK my doors when they were finished....and they laid out the wiring very neatly as well!

oh and they jacked my Emergency kit (with flares, jumper cables, cheap tools etc) but they did leave me the wrapper so I'd know which one to buy when I replaced it...how thoughtful!
Old 04-11-2008, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My friend had his stereo stolen. He had taken me to checkers to get oil. We go inside, I get the oil, I pay, we leave. When we get in his car my friend says "they stole my radio!"
Old 04-11-2008, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My old Civic was broken into 3 times at the parking structure at school. All 3 times they screwed the ignition and tore up the dash but couldn't get it started. What sucked was that they did this during the daytime in a structure that's always busy and here are these guys with a hood opened and an alarm going off but nobody does anything.

The third time my roommate and I were walking to my car and as soon as we open the door to the parking structure, I see my car with the hood opened, and these two guys are standing by their old POS accord pretending like my Civic belonged to them and they were trying to jump their other car
Old 04-11-2008, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Old 04-11-2008, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man.. Just about a 4 weeks ago. Took my car to Koons Scion to have my fender an bumper replaced from an insurance claim. After _____ing about there ____ty work. I take off and pop the cover an my DVD Eclipse NAVI is GONE!

I turn around _____ file a police report. after about 3 weeks of _____ing and talking to people. The owner(as he said hes not responsible and said it is wasnt a employee.... BS) offer to give me half.. an I kinda ____ed them in so many words..

Got nearly $1000 from them and the customer service ladie said take there money and go through insurance.

So Insurance gave me money to fix sctaches and replace with a stock headunit. So..

I got the newest dvd Eclipse head unit (granted mine was 2 years old) and a Weapon R HEader.. hahahaha! I WIN! .. It pays to know how to talk.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:19 PM

In 2001 I drove a 91 Corolla GTS. One day at work (JC Penny's) I just happened to be helping a women to her car and saw a car pull away quickly from the side of mine in the back parking lot. I could see the shimmer of broken glass all around my car and quickly became very angry. I immediately went inside and called the police and then went out to inspect the damage:
4 broken windows
Dash stabbed many times
Steering wheel stabbed many times
Shredded seats
Did they even steal anything?? WTF

cops dont do jack shyt they just write a report. I see i have to take things into my own hands.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

broken window
entire center console taken
cut wires
cf armrest
crow bar to the cf spoiler
ipod
navigation
Old 04-11-2008, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

got jacked at work...finally ID'd the person after a year after lifting a print from inside my truck...

Old 04-11-2008, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

two S2K antennas got jacked, and all my valve stem caps.

=\
Old 04-11-2008, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by temporary
Originally Posted by VN909KALIBOI
This is one reason why I like the scion tc, people don't want to steal anything off of them.
Why not?
dude you been on the site doing nothing but talk smack on the tc, so you should. Tc doesn't have a racing engine like the b18, h22, k20 and etc. where people want to steal and swap into there car. Also the scion tc is so common that people don't think much of it, just a show car.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:48 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by IntegreS_350
My freshman year in college someone broke into my integra and stole my crappy $100 headunit and the CD that was in it.....

but they were nice enough to LOCK my doors when they were finished....and they laid out the wiring very neatly as well!

oh and they jacked my Emergency kit (with flares, jumper cables, cheap tools etc) but they did leave me the wrapper so I'd know which one to buy when I replaced it...how thoughtful!
Honestly I would have to say I respect those thieves as much as thieves can be respected....

I got my HU jacked... they broke my window and crowbarded the hu out cracking my dash pretty badly. It MUST have damaged the HU and they didn't take the remote or wiring harness... all in all I bet they ended up with an ugly broken hu with no remote and left me with a few hundred in repairs to deal with.

Recently someone broke my GFs window and stole a GPS from in the storage area of the dash... the thing was it was a cheapo gps and and I had hacked the software on it so if you don't know what you are doing you will never get it working (have to hit a very small, very difficult to see bar when turning it on or it freezes up).

Again over $100 in damage.

It ____es me off to be robbed, but it REALLY ____es me off if they don't rob me for something worth while. If they cost me $300 in damages and can sell what they stole for $50 plus leave me a big mess to clean up, that ____es me off.

If someone had stole my hu and left it all nice like that and been decent about it, I literally would not have cared.

Thieves are out there, it's a risk you take buying nice stuff. I have no problem with that and understand it fully. It's stupid thieves that cost me extra money for no real gain on their part that ____ me off the most.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:48 AM

My brothers mk2 jetta gli got stolen twice.
the first time it was stolen out of our driveway, found it, all his cd's were gone but nothing important.
the second time it got stoled was from the highschool parking lot and we foudn it i think a week later completely stripped and they were trying to burn it but the cops came as soon as they were about to try.
it turned out both times it was a russian gang hah
Old 04-13-2008, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by neulasta
My brothers mk2 jetta gli got stolen twice.
the first time it was stolen out of our driveway, found it, all his cd's were gone but nothing important.
the second time it got stoled was from the highschool parking lot and we foudn it i think a week later completely stripped and they were trying to burn it but the cops came as soon as they were about to try.
it turned out both times it was a russian gang hah
who did u ____ off to have a russian gang on u?

Quick Reply: Got Jacked? Share Your Story.