Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Got Jacked? Share Your Story.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 03:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

also.. a friend of mine had his Pontiac WS6 stolen out of his driveway a couple of months ago. According to the police, the thief left the car running on the side of the road about three miles away from his house.

The police were able to find the car based on the skid marks that the thief left behind. The crook may have been able to steal the car, but in an attempt to get away from it, he could not control it. This was due to the fact that it had 1700 horsepower
Old 04-13-2008, 04:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Went to Vancouver, B.C. once upon a time, parked in a lot that was "monitored by security", and when I got back to my car, my stereo was gone. Found out that "monitored by security" meant that a fat woman drove through the lot once an hour. It was strange, I was in Canada, but the security guard had a thick southern accent...she must have been on a work exchange, on loan from a Wal-Mart in central Texas.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i went to the city with my mom and dad to visit my uncle who was dieing and while in the hospital people broke into my dads trunk with a screw driver, and took everything.. mostly just cloths and stuff but its still unfortunate
Old 04-14-2008, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Devedander
Originally Posted by IntegreS_350
My freshman year in college someone broke into my integra and stole my crappy $100 headunit and the CD that was in it.....

but they were nice enough to LOCK my doors when they were finished....and they laid out the wiring very neatly as well!

oh and they jacked my Emergency kit (with flares, jumper cables, cheap tools etc) but they did leave me the wrapper so I'd know which one to buy when I replaced it...how thoughtful!
Honestly I would have to say I respect those thieves as much as thieves can be respected....

I got my HU jacked... they broke my window and crowbarded the hu out cracking my dash pretty badly. It MUST have damaged the HU and they didn't take the remote or wiring harness... all in all I bet they ended up with an ugly broken hu with no remote and left me with a few hundred in repairs to deal with.

Recently someone broke my GFs window and stole a GPS from in the storage area of the dash... the thing was it was a cheapo gps and and I had hacked the software on it so if you don't know what you are doing you will never get it working (have to hit a very small, very difficult to see bar when turning it on or it freezes up).

Again over $100 in damage.

It ____es me off to be robbed, but it REALLY ____es me off if they don't rob me for something worth while. If they cost me $300 in damages and can sell what they stole for $50 plus leave me a big mess to clean up, that ____es me off.

If someone had stole my hu and left it all nice like that and been decent about it, I literally would not have cared.

Thieves are out there, it's a risk you take buying nice stuff. I have no problem with that and understand it fully. It's stupid thieves that cost me extra money for no real gain on their part that ____ me off the most.

Oh yeah that sucks when they Vandalize and/or damage the car AND jack stuff so I was definitely thankful they didn't break anything-- but it did suck driving around with a boombox in my passenger seat for tunes....lol i must have looked so ridiculous with that thing
Old 04-14-2008, 01:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

old car's gas tank cover or wat ever that thing is called!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

in high school, I had bought the crappiest HU best buy had, it was like under 100 bucks. Someone stole it, and the window cost more the the HU to replace. Awesome.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

had a lowered 03 dodgeram sittn on twentys with shaved handles all around, alarm kept sounding so i would hit sleeper on the alarm and finally the next day i popd the door silonoid and glass shattered to the street beneath it. so i ran out to see what happnd and they shattered my window and crept in looking for my stereo set up which i was showing off days earlier but sold hours before i parked before the break in. they didnt even take the pioneer premier mp3 indash... but they left me a nice 120dollar window payment....and on that note . went to visit my girlfriend at the time at her new apartment in houston and my alarm never sounded but i had parked in a apartment renters spot and he called the tow truck on me, so that next morning when i hit the alarm i could not sense the alarm going off,, so called the police they had received conformation of the towing at 3am. thats another 180 bucks out my pocket. sorry fawk heads
Old 04-15-2008, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ok so listen up, i have the coolest story of all, one day i was working, at the local staples, when our alarm sytem in the store went off. the guy ran out the door to a car wait in the parking lot, he stole a laptop, naturaly i gave chase but when he got into the car, instead of calling the cops i jumped in my tC and gave chase, pullin 85+ down the road, i called the police on my bluetooth, and told them what happended, where i was, and that i was in presuit, also gave them the plates. they told me to pull over and that they will take it from there, anyway the caught the guys and i got into alot of trouble with the police and my boss, luckly i did not get fired and he forgave me, i did get a ticket from the police though, oh by the way my boss gave me the laptop 2 weeks later.

haha, fun times
Old 04-16-2008, 12:49 AM
SL Member

Your lucky the guy didn't crash as a result of beinng persued... Staples would have been responsible. Remember if you work retail, as soon as they are out the door, let em go... any injury they receive outside the store comes back to the store to pay off.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yeah, i know but come on, could you pass that up?
Old 04-16-2008, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My old sunfire...

body kit, primer paint job, had a stereo system, and an alarm which would go off if you sneezed next to it (it was VERY sensitive). It was a nice day to I had the sunroof out (one of those ones you remove completely)

I go to a gas station to buy something (I forget what it was), and my alarm goes off. Keep in mind this is in the middle of the day and there are TONS of people there. Normally it would shut off after 20 seconds or so... but it wouldn't stop going off. So I'm standing in the middle of this long line, and jump out of line to look out the front store window, to see a dude WITH HIS ARM HANGING IN MY SUNROOF. I dropped my things and ran out and he says "I'm trying to shut your damm alarm off!!!" I said "Hey a$$hole, if you didn't have your effing arm in my effing car it would be going off!" I even had the sensitivity way down on the prox sensor that day too... so it wouldn't have gone off at all unless he wasn't hanging halfway into my car.

He sped off, turns out he'd been breaking into cars in the area... but that was pretty ballsy! The people inside were nice enough to let me back about halfway in the line where I was before due to what happened.

People... are stupid.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

what a dummy
Old 04-21-2008, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn that sucks im sorry
Old 05-01-2008, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by BAMF4Life
ok so listen up, i have the coolest story of all, one day i was working, at the local staples, when our alarm sytem in the store went off. the guy ran out the door to a car wait in the parking lot, he stole a laptop, naturaly i gave chase but when he got into the car, instead of calling the cops i jumped in my tC and gave chase, pullin 85+ down the road, i called the police on my bluetooth, and told them what happended, where i was, and that i was in presuit, also gave them the plates. they told me to pull over and that they will take it from there, anyway the caught the guys and i got into alot of trouble with the police and my boss, luckly i did not get fired and he forgave me, i did get a ticket from the police though, oh by the way my boss gave me the laptop 2 weeks later.

haha, fun times
Thats awesome you got a free laptop out of it! Which laptop was it?
Old 05-02-2008, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

it was an HP, one of the new ones.... 3GB of ram, 250GB Harddrive.... intel dual core.... the whole shabang a bang
Old 05-02-2008, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by optional
luckily I've not had anything stolen, but my sister had her civic broken in to twice and her plates stolen off it too, then the third time it was the whole car. Found it two days later totally stripped. Totaled. My parents put money with the insurance check and she now drives an 03 bmw 325i.
is she single??

lol

just askin"
Old 01-16-2009, 02:48 AM

Have you been hearing more stories abut people getting robbed since the start of this recession?
Old 01-17-2009, 01:39 AM

in july i moved into my new house and went from a nice upscale neighborhood to a little less nice of a neighborhood but still a nice 1. I have the aux headphone jack 4 my ipod and left my ipod in the cupholder the 3rd night in my now house. it was in my small drieway with my front light on illuminating my whole driveway and what happens some jackass jimmies the door and steals my ipod. I am kinda lucky tho cus I had my $120 oakleys right next to them nd they didnt take those with it
Old 08-14-2009, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joyride
My dad knows a dude from work who came home to see some1 trying to steal his tail lights. He came up to the guy and was like "yo steal the other tail light too and ill pay you 500 bucks" The thief was like okay! The guy said brb going to get money, he went inside his house and got a bat. Came back outside to find the thief working on the other light. Takes the bat and smashes it into the back of the thief. It was his car that the dude was stealing lolol.

Dont know how the trial ended but still lol.
That is some funny as hell, I could watch this over and over on Funniest home videos!!!!
Old 08-15-2009, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I was robbed at gunpoint working at Gamestop a few months ago. Three dudes with guns took about $175 from the registers and two xbox360 controllers lol. Security guys in the parking lot didn't even notice.

I also had my s2k antenna stolen at school.

I hate thieves.

Quick Reply: Got Jacked? Share Your Story.