Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Got a ticket today...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

You will get stuff in the mail regardless if you plead guilty or wish for a court date to plead not guilty. And yes, I know this from experience and my parents have found out on ALL occassions.

So either tell them now or run the risk of getting caught, which you eventually will. Somehow they will find out, so I'd just tell them... Instead of sneaking, getting caught, and maybe having them take away the car for double the time.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mixed feeling here i havnt got a ticket in a year and a half.. Soo if your going to cause yourself to get a ticket then yes you half to tell your parents simple as that... just tell them the speed limit changed and you didnt know it blah blah or something i dunno...

But wheres your radar detector?
Old 12-07-2007, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got a reckless driving ticket for pulling the ebrake around a turn and had to tell my parents that. I also have/had the same rules you do (lose the car, do this do that blah blah blah) and I called them RIGHT after I got the ticket and told them. I immediately went home and told them why I recieved the ticket and how.

THEY DIDN'T even mention taking my car away after stressing it for so long. They told me they were proud of me for telling them and not trying to hide/getaway with it. They told me I had to pay the fine and I did.

If they do say something about taking the car away, theres reason you need it or im guessing these apply to you, school, after school activites, job, any type of function.

Be like its better for me to drive than ____ing my (in this case your) friends off bumming for rides...

I know I have to drive my friend who lost his license EVERYWHERE! also ONE MORE MONTH TILL IM 18 SO NO MORE WORRYING ABOUT LOSEING LICENSE FOR TICKETS.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:23 PM

Yeah I just gave it up and told them. My dad said he was glad b/c they are in south carolina right now, and I even told them before they came back. He knows I have to drive this weekend since they arent home, he just said to make sure I drive slow.

We'll see what happens. I'm glad I got all of your insight on this that made me change my mind
Old 12-07-2007, 08:36 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Im glad you owned up to it.
I am huge on integrity. Without integrity, you are nothing. Integrity shows trust, honor and a huge set of *****.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good. Your parents will definitely be proud of you for telling them.
(Now getting the ticket? I don't think they will be happy about that! )

Here in Cali, you can go to traffic school and have the ticket not appear on your record if you do not get anymore tickets for a year (I think?).
Old 12-07-2007, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Got a ticket today...

Originally Posted by bearsfan1172
Ok so I got a ticket today going 49 in a 35, I know no one cares blah blah blah

There is a point of this thread. For all the Illinois drivers out there. I am trying to get away with this without my parents finding out. I got mail in court supervision, so all I have to do is mail the ticket in and I get court supervision, good deal. My question for anyone who has had a similar situation is, will then send anything back to my house about it? If not I can get away with it which will be great.

BTW, if my parents find out, 6 months no car, no questions asked
not sure. i did it in person, and never heard anything back from them, not even after the probation period.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
Originally Posted by Nick06tC
Tell the truth. Because if they find out you lied, it will end up ten times as bad!!!
yuuup! Plus it will show up in the insurance!
not if you get court supervision and it gets kicked out they never know about it
Old 12-07-2007, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hyghgynx
Good. Your parents will definitely be proud of you for telling them.
(Now getting the ticket? I don't think they will be happy about that! )

Here in Cali, you can go to traffic school and have the ticket not appear on your record if you do not get anymore tickets for a year (I think?).
think it was 18 months. might've changed tho.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, it is 18 months. I've taken advantage of that law a couple of times now. Thank God it's every 18 months and not every 2 years, or I would have higher insurance rates right about now. I somehow still have a clean record because I keep taking traffic school.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Just tell them, Be a man about it. In the long run they'll might let you off more. I got a street racing ticket when i was 17 and only had my DL for 4 weeks. They took it for a year, I learned a lesson and became a better driver because of it. Just my 2cents
Old 12-08-2007, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we'll probably never hear from him again. They're putting him back in the cage in the basement.