Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

great tc smoking a wrx story!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Keep in mind that WRX has to power 4 wheels at high speeds while your tC only has to power to. AWD becomes more of a hassle after 60mph than it does benefit you.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Diluvium
man WRX are slow in the end (heavy).... 120? 0-60 is quick but after that its not gonna go faster... but then again tC is only 160hp.....

and yes it was the driver... and you say he stop at 120mph? he dont wanna mess up his car probably...
its not that they r heavy.....they r actually light as hell...its just they r rally cars...in rally u dint need top speed, but u need acceleration, so they r geared for maximum acceleration
Old 07-28-2004, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Shabba
Originally Posted by Diluvium
man WRX are slow in the end (heavy).... 120? 0-60 is quick but after that its not gonna go faster.
Why oh why is it the same on every board I ever join or visit...unqualified people making sweeping statements about cars they either do not own or have never driven? How the f??k is the WRX "slow in the end"? The WRX I traded for my xA was good for a nice top end (above 140 I can tell you that) and it indeed "went faster" after it's 0-60. I have no doubt this guy outran an impreza going down the road but was it a WRX? Maybe, maybe not...they are not hard cars to drive fast. Some people need to keep their mouths shut until they can say something worthwhile and know what they are talking about.

im talkin about overall cars period... im not comparing tC and WRX... it is true subarus are HEAVY because of there boxer engine... actually all subaru cars are heavy, but the AWD makes that up..

compare sti and evo from 0-1/4 mile evo is like a second faster

if you get a 2.5RS from 30-60 its slow, 1-30 its fast. tC can beat a 2.5RS why? 2.5 is "heavy"

dont get me wrong WRX is fast...

stfu
Old 07-28-2004, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member

Default thank u

i think that Back In Black xA made a good point awd becomes a burden in higher speed acceleration....datz y da skyline uses awd 4 launch then after a while it switches to rear wheel drive(i think) and i kno the g35 awd system has a rear wheel drive bias...plus a stock 2005 IMPREZA 2.5 RS SEDAN makes 165hp and 166torque(close to a tc and the impreza has more drive trian power loss than da tc) y u think some srt-4's are taking out evo's and r really taking care of some eclpse gsx's.......... so it is possible dis could have happened
Old 07-29-2004, 04:10 AM
5 Year Member

amen to the post a couple back... I used to race around very dangerously a few years back... being only 20 now doesn't put me in the "safe driver" category, but man after having not had my license for the last year has really made me realize how dangerously I used to drive... not only to myself... I think it is very tragic when someone is killed because he/she was driving stupidly or whatever, but it is even worse when you read of or even know someone who was killed by someone else's reckless driving. In a couple of months, when I do actually get my license back, I plan on buying a tC because I feel it is a very good looking car, and the fact that it has a potent powerplant as well. It is one thing to be able to accelerate quickly and effortlessly when doing your daily driving, but it is quite another thing to be endangering others LIVES by driving like an idiot in the middle of traffic. Think about other people... if you need to get your highspeed kicks, do it somewhere safe:-)
Old 07-29-2004, 04:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

this could have happened, but why didnt the wrx driver make u go from a stop once u guys hit the stop light? And fyi, evos arent faster than sti's in the 1/4 mile. i think its like 13.8 to 13.5.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by OompaLoompa
this could have happened, but why didnt the wrx driver make u go from a stop once u guys hit the stop light? And fyi, evos arent faster than sti's in the 1/4 mile. i think its like 13.8 to 13.5.

it was on the freeway so there was no stops :\
Old 07-30-2004, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member

Why is everyone talking about the WRX as this big bad ___ car? The STI version, yes. But a NON-STI WRX can easily be beatin from a roll. It's like comparing a SRT-4 and a sxt Neon. One is fast, the other is not. Good job on the kill, mabey I will see you on the road someday :D
Old 07-30-2004, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

an automatic wrx will probably still beat a tc
Old 07-31-2004, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: ...

Originally Posted by mikochu
Originally Posted by vAnt
Originally Posted by UnFocused
So explain to me how this is a great smoke story?
Not like the xB is smoking anything soon ;p

But it is believable... There are some crappy rich drivers out there ;p
tC owners always have to come back with some witty remark about something that is irrelavent to the subject... It's like the tC owners are the new Civic owners...
Who said I owned a tC?

Assuming makes an a** out of you and me ;p
Old 07-31-2004, 06:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Default Re: ...

Originally Posted by mikochu
Originally Posted by UnFocused
So explain to me how this is a great smoke story?
Not like the xB is smoking anything soon ;p

But it is believable... There are some crappy rich drivers out there ;p
tC owners always have to come back with some witty remark about something that is irrelavent to the subject... It's like the tC owners are the new Civic owners...
W

ho said I owned a tC?

Assuming makes an a** out of you and me ;p
*shrug* I still think tC owners will be the new Civic owners if things stay the same as they are now in the tC forum...

BTW, saw my first tC on the road today. It had dual exhausts...why?
Old 08-01-2004, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ...

Why does the tibby have dual exhausts?

Pretty much the same reason why you have redouts... Der ;p
Old 08-01-2004, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why do older camaros have duel exhaust when the car only has 1 intermidiat pipe down the whole car................... looks
Old 08-01-2004, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh yea and the newer camaros do too i forgot about them
Old 08-01-2004, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member

This sounds like it came from that movie "The Fast and the Ridiculous" . Let's keep the races on the track. Someone I know died two weeks ago in a speed related crash...Damn fools. None of us think it'll happen to us. Gonna miss her
Old 08-01-2004, 02:24 PM
Banned
SL Member

Yeah, :? OK? And I have a bridge I would like to sell you.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: great tc smoking a wrx story!

Originally Posted by maybeillcatchfire
ok so im going down are freeway here in vegas. its a wide open night. then bam a wrx pulls next to me revs i look he looks i down shift two gears . (i also have kenny loggins danger zone two songs away soo i skip to that and blast it...i know its kinda cheesy but it fit the mood) man we are tearing away at i keep up and past him. he backs down at 120 i keep pushing hitting 130! yes past the governed speed it was at a slight downhill so maybe thats why.. i dont know but i hit my flasher and slow down. im about to get off the freeway when he pulls along side and flicks me off. hah i rolled down the window and said "well i know if i was driving that car of yours i definatly wouldnt have lost in that either , geuss you should learn how to use it better" then he yelled out ____ you. then i down shift again and pass his ___ and cut him off before the exit. and smoke him again till the next exit where i got off... all this was done on a open freeway so i didnt endanger anyone..... but oh man was that funny
so u beat a wrx to 120 mph? haven't test driven the tC yet but unless ur supercharged... i dont think so, but hey i wasn't there... STOP BEATING ON UR RIDE, you dont need to race everyone that revs at you, and the tC isn't even fast so why risk ur life... ugh