Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Greatest thing that has ever happened to me (well, maybe)

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 06:04 AM
5 Year Member

Default Greatest thing that has ever happened to me (well, maybe)

I'm not sure if I'm still just in Honeymoon mode or something but I'm completely in love with my tC. I flew into LA on Monday and went straight to the dealership (Hollywood Scion). Picked up my car exactly as promised and left 2 hours later.

I've never enjoyed driving before like I do now. The power, the comfort, the technology, the package....it has it all. I love everything.

I think the sound system is amazing (i only use my iPod with the second gen head unit), the handling is fantastic, and the confort is wonderful.

what a wonderful product.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh yeah. We all feel the same way every day we get into our tCs.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

some things i have discovered in the 5000 odd miles i've driven, your results/opinion may vary:

1. get mudguards, the front ones definately. or else mysterious scratches will appear on the rear quarter panels
2. that sticker on the rear bumper, dammit it looks to be a good idea (stuff seems to fly over the car and crash on that ledge, but i also don't have any kind of spoiler not sure that would help)
3. be careful not to curb your rims, it is VERY easy to do.
4. not sure if this is in your price range but $500 for clear bra deluxe kit is a savior for your paint. but then again the bumper won't rust per se so you can get the standard kit for less money.
5. tint the windows and the glass roof, your a/c will thank you

these things will help keep your car in the best shape, all are from my experience. have fun!
Old 08-19-2005, 12:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

congrats on ur new tC! i love mine also! its the best thing in my life right now...i know, pretty sad...
Old 08-19-2005, 12:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC_kevin
congrats on ur new tC! i love mine also! its the best thing in my life right now...i know, pretty sad...
so im not the only one in that boat
Old 08-19-2005, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

congrats on the tc
Old 08-19-2005, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by yesti
Oh I have definitely done #3 already

Congrats on your car simplegray! May you have many happy driving days ahead
Old 08-19-2005, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by iheartmytC
Oh I have definitely done #3 already

Congrats on your car simplegray! May you have many happy driving days ahead
ditto a couple days ago, so ____ed. its barely noticable but of course it annoys the hell out of me.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by aarontrini85
Originally Posted by tC_kevin
so im not the only one in that boat
hehehe yall to huh
Old 08-19-2005, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Enjoy it to the fullest now, 'cause once problems start popping up, you'll be posting about them here.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Fuzzy
Enjoy it to the fullest now, 'cause once problems start popping up, you'll be posting about them here.

WHAT problems (innocently looking)
Old 08-20-2005, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

welcome to the scion family
Old 08-20-2005, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

{On the phone, driving in my tC}

I can't hear you, what did you say? Huh? Its just that its so damn hard to hear you over the hatch rattle! What?! No! Actually that wasn't the hatch rattle just then, that was the moonroof rattle...

{hang up phone, defeated}
Old 08-20-2005, 06:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by L4rry B1rd
{On the phone, driving in my tC}

I can't hear you, what did you say? Huh? Its just that its so damn hard to hear you over the hatch rattle! What?! No! Actually that wasn't the hatch rattle just then, that was the moonroof rattle...

{hang up phone, defeated}
They should use that as the next Verizon commercial , Can you hear me now ? *closes sunroof* can you hear me now ? *comes to a stop and turns car off* Can you hear me now...........GOOD

As I see it , the noises have ____ed me off so much , I might as well laugh about them
Old 08-22-2005, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Greatest thing that has ever happened to me (well, maybe

Originally Posted by simplegray
I've never enjoyed driving before like I do now. The power, the comfort, the technology, the package....it has it all. I love everything.
I agree, it's a damn nice car. I got mine on Wednesday. Got to say, though, it's been a strange few days.

See, I'm mainly a motorcycle guy, not so much a car guy. My old car got totalled in May, so I've been riding the bike every day, rain or shine, all summer. I also go out and do 200 miles or so every weekend on twisty Vermont back roads (we have some of the best motorcycling roads in the country here).

On Friday I had to drive my new tC 120 miles or so to upstate NY for a work thing, and while I appreciated the comfort and the ability to listen to my iPod while driving, I spent most of the drive intensely frustrated. My bike has made me hate driving. I've gotten so used to having plenty of power on tap (60hp in a 450-pound bike gets you past slow traffic a hell of a lot faster than 160hp in a 3000-pound car!), not to mention incredibly nimble handling and a small footprint on the road. On the bike I choose my position in the lane strategically to avoid road surface irregularities/obstacles, take the optimal line through a turn, etc. Not to mention I can easily get around cars waiting to turn, and like I mentioned, I can pass slow-moving traffic much more easily because I need a whole lot less space to do it in. It also didn't help that the weather was nice on Friday, and it would have been a really nice ride down to where I was going. So I was just not very happy to be stuck in a car, even one as nice as the tC.

Saturday, on the other hand, I had to drive somewhere else in the afternoon, with rain threatening, and return at night. Suddenly I was a whole lot happier to be in the tC. It made the return drive a pleasant experience, whereas on the bike it would have been a little hairy.

So yeah, got to agree with you, great car. And it'll stay nice and low mileage and last me for a really long time because I'll be riding my bike most of the time -- nice to know I'm going to have a great four-wheeled ride for a long time to come.

--mark
Old 08-22-2005, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

some things i have discovered in the 5000 odd miles i've driven, your results/opinion may vary:

1. get mudguards, the front ones definately. or else mysterious scratches will appear on the rear quarter panels
2. that sticker on the rear bumper, dammit it looks to be a good idea (stuff seems to fly over the car and crash on that ledge, but i also don't have any kind of spoiler not sure that would help)
4. not sure if this is in your price range but $500 for clear bra deluxe kit is a savior for your paint. but then again the bumper won't rust per se so you can get the standard kit for less money.
5. tint the windows and the glass roof, your a/c will thank you

these things will help keep your car in the best shape, all are from my experience. have fun!
What did you mean by "tint the glass roof"? Isn't it tinted? The roof is black, not see through!
Old 08-22-2005, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

Congrats on your new tC!
I agree with the tinting comment for sure! It cools things down alot to have the tinted windows front, rear, and hatch. I haven't tinted the moonroof yet, but I could see why you would. Yes, on the outside it appears black, but then you open the slideshade on a sunny day, and you can definately tell you need darker tint there too.
I have the rear bumper applique and love it too. I also have the rear pedestal spoiler though, and I haven't ever noticed anything flying over the car and hitting the back bumper. I love the applique, because it protects the rear bumper cover when I am putting stuff in our getting stuff out of the hatch area.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the glass roof is indeed tinted (15-20%, i believe), but it still lets A LOT of heat (IR) through. I added 20% mirror/silver tint to them and the heat dropped to practically nothing. from the outside, they still look the same--black. the doors have 35% mirror and those transmit more heat than the roof now :D

about stuff crashing on the rear bumper ledge, i just noticed some nics on there and there aren't any on the rear of the trunk lid so i don't think stuff is being kicked up by the rear tires? who knows, the stickers should be in the mail from mcgeorge so i'll ge those on ASAP.