2005-2010 [ANT10]

Grocery cart accident **final update 3/18/07

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

The Family
SL Member

im glad I work at Walmart where we have cameras so that if something like this does happen then I can at least look at the video tape to see what kind of car the person gets into so I can get revenge.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no cameras...
Old 03-07-2007, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Definitely damage from a cart...I would get the corporate office's phone number and tell them you believe they should pay for it because the damage was incurred on their property by their property. If you slipped and fell in the parking lot you would have already gotten a whole stack of cash from them to stay out of court. It should be the same way whether it's you or your car that got damaged.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if thatss damage from a cart then I think it would be a cart with a turbo, i mean how can a cart do that much damage?? which will easily be over the thousand range.. oh tragedy..
Old 03-07-2007, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 06tC
Definitely damage from a cart...I would get the corporate office's phone number and tell them you believe they should pay for it because the damage was incurred on their property by their property. If you slipped and fell in the parking lot you would have already gotten a whole stack of cash from them to stay out of court. It should be the same way whether it's you or your car that got damaged.
don't know if you ever noticed, but most stores have signs that say something like "inorder to keep our prices competitive, we are NOT responsible for damage caused by unatended shopping carts" or something to that effect. the store didn't leave their shopping carts sitting around the parking lot, their customers did. so unless you know who left the shopping cart out. you are going to have to suck it up and pay for it yourself. i know it blows, but that is just the harsh reality of the situation.

maybe it is just karma? what did you do to deserve that? lol.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

you know it may have been a shopping cart

if someone didnt know how to drive went to pull in a spot directly next to your car .. didnt see the cart and crashed right into it it .it would wedge right inbetween both cars ..would have had to cause damage to their car too but prolly wont fess up cuz they felt like morons .. my money's on the minivan or suv
Old 03-07-2007, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by PLASMICxTC
my money's on the minivan or suv
Most women can't admit that "most women" can't drive . .... lol ... I crack myself up. (since it was a minivan)
Old 03-07-2007, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Yea I am in fear of all women drivers...They all swear they can multi task

Make up, Phone, and driving is cause for chaos
Thats why guys keep it simple
We only talk on the phone and drive

As for that damage
FLYING BAJESUS BATMAN
I would have ran around beating up random people even small children that got in my way.
Try and get rid of the scrapes that make it look like it was a cart and call it a hit and runner
Old 03-07-2007, 07:51 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i eat too
Old 03-07-2007, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Honestly - its not the kind of person ....its the person that can multitask but keep 60% of the attention on the road ....if something comes up they are still paying attention and will put down the phone. Once again this leads up to the same thing I have always said ..... old people and bad drivers should have their own lane. I will expand this now to .... the same people who use this "bad line" should have their own parking area. If we did this everybody would be happy.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:04 PM
SL Member

Oof, the way the scratches and the dent line up, it looks like it WAS a cart, but the dent is HUGE! I'm almost considering someone hit a cart with his car while parking near you and that cart rammed into your car.

I hate parking at Grocery stores, people suck.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member

if u work there ride ur bike...

grocery shopping... let wife, gf, mom, or dad go with u in THEIR car haha...

other than that man... it always happens... not always THAT bad but.. it always happens...

if i were u i would ride my bike to work... saves on gas... hassle... money... and u dont have to worry about anyone hitting ur car....
Old 03-07-2007, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

maybe it was one of the hostile husbands forced behind the wheel of that mini van his wife suckered him into buying...
Old 03-07-2007, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok... I did auto body/collision repair for almost 6 years... some facts:

1. I would say with 99% certainty that WAS a shopping cart.

2. You'd be surprised at what a shopping cart (especially if it was one of the heavy ones) can do to a car with 40+mph winds. It IS possible that just a cart blown into a car at high winds could do that kind of damage.

3. I was working at a dealership in the body shop years ago... we had a brand new (at the time) Cadillac SRX (i think... one of those mini looking SUV things?)... anyway probably a $50k car... brand new hadn't even been sold yet. We had a wind storm with gusts up to 70mph. A SIGN... you know one of those unstable flimsy ones (that I guarantee weigh less than a shopping cart) that someone hadn't brought in the night before, get slammed into the side of the Cadillac. The dent was about that size. So yes, a shopping cart in high winds could do that amount of damage alone.

4. I'd look into it. If your store (or that store) has people hired to bring in the shopping carts, it is POSSIBLE even with those signs "we are not responsible blah blah blah" that there is a loophole that could get them to pay for the damage. Worse case scenario... report it to your insurance as shopping cart damage, take your comprehensive deductible and get it fixed. That's over a $300 deductible in damage most certainly. It appears one of the scratches is down to the metal... or is at least through the paint. The quarter panel will have to be straightened, and painted... and any good shop with the damage that close to the door should blend everything in.

5. Yes I'm a chick

Hope that helped
Old 03-07-2007, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Same thing happened to my tC. I work at a grocery store. Shopping cart damaged my side skirt and door. Nothin I could do about it. No cameras, no nothing. Good luck getting it fixed. Insurance will have to come into play here.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

maybe it was one of the hostile husbands forced behind the wheel of that mini van his wife suckered him into buying...
Poor guy - he has every right to be hostile then. ..... once again ....the woman is the root cause.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

heyyyy ....u can't be dissin on all women.. ^^
Old 03-07-2007, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

heyyyy ....u can't be dissin on all women.. ^^
Nope - just about 85% of them.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah my brother has a a charcole tC and shopping cart ran its way all the way down the pass side of his car last week
Old 03-07-2007, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

no matter how far away you park to get away from carts and other cars in a lot like that there will always be some *person* that decided to park right next to you even with all the empty spaces and leave the cart right by your ride.

Quick Reply: Grocery cart accident **final update 3/18/07