Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Has this ever happened to anyone?

So I bring my car in this morning, pull it under the overhang, and patiently wait for the service technician. It's somewhat busy so I wait about 10 minutes. The tech comes up and we talk briefly. I hand him the keys and he writes the mileage out etc.

He then proceeds to toss the car keys on the windshield (outside) of the car. They slide down and rest on top of the wipers. There was a good amount of water on the car so I did not look to see if there was any damage. Needless to say, I was livid.

Is this some kind of new windshield glass and durability test? Is it how the cool techs do it? I nearly bounced the tech's head off the bumper of the 4 runner in front of me, but I'll settle with talking with his boss and service director when I pick the car up.

Just curious, anyone ever seen an utter disregard for someone's property before? I'm starting to ponder what they do when the customer is not around.

Thoughts?

-s
Old 03-29-2005, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Reminds me of kids having carwashes to raise money for : summer camp, pop warner football, disneyland, plane fare to join the taliban, etc. There's always one kid who drop his filthy, grimy sponge onto the ground and with it picks up pebbles and broken glass...then proceeds to go back to washing the car pebbles and all.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He wasn't a kid either. This was a 40 something looking fellow with a wedding ring on his finger and it was done as though he'd done it to 10 other cars that day already.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah customer service this day and age has gone down the drain. cant trust anyone with anything anymore.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by grnxb
Reminds me of kids having carwashes to raise money for : summer camp, pop warner football, disneyland, plane fare to join the taliban, etc. There's always one kid who drop his filthy, grimy sponge onto the ground and with it picks up pebbles and broken glass...then proceeds to go back to washing the car pebbles and all.

hahahaahaha .... I've seen that happen before
Old 03-29-2005, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If i were you i would have grabbed my keys and taken off...that would be of course after i talked with his boss. I would have left, i wouldnt even trust my tC with them after that. That sorta thing happened to me when i bought my first car. I left it there to get something with the brakes checked out....and when i came back...my center console was looked through (gum missin) skittles all over my seat...battery was dead because they left the radio on all day, crumbs all over my floor from there lunch (used my car to get thier lunch) reaked like onions in my car not to mention they didnt put down floor mats so i had oil stains all over my carpet....OO I WAS ____ED! i went to the owner and made them detail the entire car! needless to say..NEVER WENT BACK TO THEM! and reported them to..BOGI'S CORNER on the CBS news i think (this was back in the day) he he he...i got an apology letter so quick i was laughing so hard after that. Till this day...i recommend everyone stay away from that dealer. It takes just once for dealers to F*&@ up and lose a customer.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scoobyroo2002
If i were you i would have grabbed my keys and taken off...that would be of course after i talked with his boss. I would have left, i wouldnt even trust my tC with them after that. That sorta thing happened to me when i bought my first car. I left it there to get something with the brakes checked out....and when i came back...my center console was looked through (gum missin) skittles all over my seat...battery was dead because they left the radio on all day, crumbs all over my floor from there lunch (used my car to get thier lunch) reaked like onions in my car not to mention they didnt put down floor mats so i had oil stains all over my carpet....OO I WAS ____ED! i went to the owner and made them detail the entire car! needless to say..NEVER WENT BACK TO THEM! and reported them to..BOGI'S CORNER on the CBS news i think (this was back in the day) he he he...i got an apology letter so quick i was laughing so hard after that. Till this day...i recommend everyone stay away from that dealer. It takes just once for dealers to F*&@ up and lose a customer.
that sucks ___. I've been taking my baby to a nearby Toyota dealer, because they are polite and efficient... i know it costs more to get stuff done, but you get what you pay for (at least most of the time!) i hope i never run into a situation where they take the car out for lunch...
Old 03-29-2005, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hope i never run into that again! i swear the went to mexico to get there food or something because i went there with a full tank of gas and left with a half. I forgot to complain about that too! but oh well that was like 5 years ago and it was a cavalier ICK! now if that happened with my tC OOO I WOULD BE ON THE NEWS!!
Old 03-29-2005, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My dad took his 01' bright yellow Corvette convertible to get its first oil change last summer (it has really low miles) the retarded Chevy tech proceeds to write down information by using the HOOD AS A WRITING SURFACE!! my dad fliped out!
Old 03-29-2005, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would to. I mean HELLO! you try and try your hardest to take care of your car..and it takes an idiot 2 seconds to ruin it! ____es me off!
Old 03-29-2005, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

so he just tossed the keys up on the windshield? What the hell mate?
Old 03-29-2005, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member

I hate it when they do that...... I have had it happen to me a couple times and the sad thing is when I went to make sure my windshield didn't chip the service guy rolls his eyes at me like he wa disgusted I even went to look. Like it was no big deal and he does it all the time....... I was so mad!!
Old 03-29-2005, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I"m not sure the metal the keys are made out, if they are stainless teal they can't scratch windows unless they are pressed very hard. Putting keys in front windshiled on wipers is standard practice, it doesn't hurt anything unless, like you say, he doesn't just place them there and lets them roll down, but even then, the chance of damage is low.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Doesnt matter it's just the thought of somone doing that. I dont care if it's normal practice to pick your nose first...just not anywhere near my car
Old 03-30-2005, 01:32 AM
5 Year Member

Toyota mechanics, for some reason don't seem to give a damn. They do great wrenching, they just turn in to gorillas when they get that new car smell going I guess! I had the same problem with a dash piece, for the life of me, I can't figure out how they scratched my dash trim so bad, unless they played catch with it in the shop parking lot.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:35 AM
5 Year Member

The service manager cares however, threaten to take your car to another dealer and share your story wiht the folks from JD power , and I can almost guarantee you that you won't see the same guy working on your car, even if he does.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member

I picked up my tC on Saturday (3/26) and noticed that there was a couple scratches on the console right next to the temperature control **** and noticed a couple small scratches on the outside. I was not happy when I realized my brand new car had scratches on it before i got it
Old 03-30-2005, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man i wouldve flipped at his ___, then proceed to take it out on the service manager. if the manager does not appolagize and give me a free oil change, i will have to take it up to the owner of the dealership. its happened to me before when i purchased my rx7 and they gave me 6 months of free oil changes! shiet
Old 03-30-2005, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Keys thrown on the windshield? Can you tell us what Toyota Dealership/Service center this was? I want to avoid it.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stinky_Wizzleteats
so he just tossed the keys up on the windshield? What the hell mate?
LMAO! funniest line ever! I would of beat his **** to the ground.

Quick Reply: Has this ever happened to anyone?