2005-2010 [ANT10]

Have GEICO insurance .. click here for coverage explanations

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 10:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Have GEICO insurance .. click here for coverage explanations

1. Bodily injury liability provides protection if you injure or kill someone while operating your car. It also provides for a legal defense if another party in the accident files a lawsuit against you.

In the event of a serious accident, you want enough insurance to cover a judgment against you in a lawsuit, without jeopardizing your personal assets.

Bodily injury liability covers injury to people, not your vehicle. Therefore it’s a good idea to have the same level of coverage for all of your cars.

2. Property damage liability protects you if your car damages someone else’s property. It also provides you with legal defense if another party files a lawsuit against you. It is a good idea to purchase enough of this insurance to cover the amount of damage your car might do to another vehicle or object.

3. Medical payments, [aka in NY its called BPIP or "no-fault"] or personal injury protection coverage usually pays for the medical expenses of the injured driver and passengers in your car. There may also be coverage if you are injured by a vehicle as a pedestrian.

4. Uninsured motorists coverage pays for your injuries caused by an uninsured driver or, in some states, a hit-and-run driver, in a crash that is not your fault. In some states there is also uninsured motorist coverage for damage to your vehicle.

Given the large number of uninsured motorists, this is very important coverage to have, even in states with no-fault insurance.

5. Comprehensive physical damage coverage pays for losses resulting from incidents other than collision. For example, comprehensive insurance covers damage to your car if it is stolen; or damaged by flood, fire or animals. To keep your premiums low, select as high a deductible as you feel comfortable paying out of pocket.

6. Collision coverage pays for damage to your car when your car hits, or is hit by, another vehicle or other object.

To keep your premiums low, select as large a deductible as you feel comfortable paying out of pocket. For older cars, consider dropping this coverage, since coverage is normally limited to the cash value of your car.

7. Rental reimbursement coverage pays for a rental vehicle (usually up to $20 a day) when the insured's vehicle is out of commission as a result of a loss covered under comprehensive or collision coverages.

8. ERS aka Emergency Road Service: This select coverage offers you protection for problems that are not typically handled by your auto insurance, such as: being locked out of your car, jump starting a dead battery, or changing a flat tire. GEICO can help you with these hassles and inconveniences to get your car back on the road or to a facility where repairs can be made.

Emergency Road Service (ERS) is Inexpensive
As little as $12 each year per car could mean the difference between getting back on the road quickly or just sitting by the road waiting. And, unlike a motor club, there is no extra charge for additional drivers.

ERS is Convenient
ERS provides you with 24-hour toll-free assistance, 365 days a year. Just call the toll-free number listed on your ERS membership card and speak to a representative from one of the 6,500 pre-screened facilities. Help will be on the way to resolve the problem that is interfering with your travel plans. You will be asked to sign a receipt and then be on your way.

Emergency Towing
We'll tow you to the nearest repair facility which can make the necessary repairs to get your car back on the road again.

Mechanical Breakdown Inurance aka MBI:
You've purchased collision insurance to protect your new car in case of an accident and comprehensive insurance to protect against hazards such as fire, theft, or broken glass. But what happens when your air conditioning dies or your automatic windows won't close, just after your car is out of warranty?

GEICO’s Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI) is designed to protect you from these bumps along the road. After a $250 deductible, MBI covers repairs to all mechanical parts of the car - except for maintenance and wear and tear. That means you'll never be saddled with unanticipated and expensive repair bills.

Special Protection For New Cars
MBI is specially designed to protect your new or leased car that is less than 15 months old and with less than 15,000 miles. Once you've purchased MBI, you can renew it for up to seven years or 100,000 miles (whichever comes first).

Better Than An Extended Warranty
GEICO’s MBI provides better coverage and is cheaper than the typical dealer extended warranty. MBI coverage:
Includes all parts and systems-not just the specific list of items covered by most dealer warranties.
Saves you money. You pay only a small premium each policy period-not a large lump-sum payment up front.
Lets you get your car repaired wherever you like.
Swap Your Extended Warranty For GEICO’s MBI
Already purchased your dealer’s extended warranty? Most contracts give you a full refund if you cancel within 30 to 60 days.

It’s easy to add MBI coverage to your policy. Do it online or give us a call.

MBI Exclusions
Exclusions to this policy include such regular maintenance services as tune-ups, suspension alignment, wheel balancing, filters, lubrication, coolant and fluids, spark plugs, brake pads and linings, brake shoes, and tires. Also, breakdown repairs made necessary by intentional damage, corrosion, misuse, or improper maintenance are not covered. Multi-Risk Insurance coverage is in excess of coverage provided by your manufacturer’s warranty. Read the policy amendment for the complete terms and conditions of this coverage.

**** remember these are geico coverage explanations... .. other companies may have different names, explanations.. or procedures on how these coverages apply to certain situations... *** contact your local insurance comp to see how they protect u!
Old 09-24-2005, 12:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

....and why are you posting this again?
Old 09-24-2005, 12:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I likes Geico. Gave me a lower premium with higher liability than any other insurance company.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

couple of things I did not see above:

Toyota Financial requires a MAX deductable amount of $500, so you cant go higher if you finance through them

PIP/No fault also exists and is required in some states (such as MN).

And I had Geico quote my insurance (no tickets or accidents, >25 yrs old) They were $600 higher than what I have through AAA (including my renters insurance through AAA) !!!! Progressive was almost $1000 higher. Insurance is tricky, I know people who got their best deal through Geico and others who got by far their worst quote from them. I like AAA because they are also a well known company and I can get my AAA coverage, auto and renters insurance through the same company.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and with AAA we can get discounts at quite a few places.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 06tCguy
and with AAA we can get discounts at quite a few places.
Yep, it is very handy to have! Especially at Hotels, they have lots of discounts for AAA
Old 09-24-2005, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have gieco, i pay $88 a month for an ok amount of coverage, i'd like to lower my comprehensive to a $500 deduct, right now it's at $1000. i need to bring it into a gieco garage to get the ok to do so after an inspection.
collision is at $500 deduct.
i'm going to get mechanical breakdown, because i'll be on the highway for college next semester alot. this means glass chips and hopefully not a sunroof shatter.

AAA sounds pretty good, i'll check them out too, my geico policy expires in december
Old 09-24-2005, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Mine runs about $800/6 mo with 500/500 deductable on the tC, liability on my saturn, my girlfriends liability and my renters insurance for the apartment. So it is a pretty good deal.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Does Geico cover Scion tC's only? Why is this in this forum?
Old 09-24-2005, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I can see this being moved to OT.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

geico also has... discounts for all policyholders... its called GEICO Priveledges... its free... all u gotta do if ur a policyholder is go to www.geico.com and click on geico priveledges.. register with the site and print coupons for anything from rental cars, movies, traveling, clothes, flowers... list goes on and on..

i know u can get discounts at advanced auto parts... discount on import tuner, hot rod and motor trend magazines... blockbuster, target, universal studios... mobil... etc etc
Old 09-25-2005, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

got into 2 accidents with insurance coverage (geico) they took care of me well, my deductible is only 250$ and everyone is so surprised.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Being a member of certain banks (and organizations) with Geico also gets you discounts. Saves me almost $70.00 to be a member of a bank.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by steve_r
got into 2 accidents with insurance coverage (geico) they took care of me well, my deductible is only 250$ and everyone is so surprised.
Yea, i have geico as my insurance as well, but everytime you make a claim or get a ticket or ANYTHING my monthly rate goes a few dollars higher
Old 09-25-2005, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member

Hmmm.... My insurance went up $75/6 months from my honda odyssey - which totally baffled my mind.

I'm at $950/6 mo for 2 vehicles, both drivers >30 years, with no points.
I have progressive, and when I looked into geico, it was $400 more/6 months for my xb and my dh's buick.

I'm still searching for something lower..... But then again, MI insurance is a total mess.