Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Helppp! TC RS 4.0 got rear ended

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 11:26 PM

Default Helppp! TC RS 4.0 got rear ended

Hey Guys,

The other night I got rear ended coming off the highway. Luckily there was not too much damage but my rear bumper was pretty scratched up. Not really the entire thing just the lower lip that looks like it is bolted on to the actual bumper.

So now here are my issues - NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT THE RS PARTS!

I mean seriously. I took my car to my local dealer about 3 months ago because my drivers side side skirt was loose and they told me (A TOYOTA/SCION DEALER) that I had to take the car back to the dealer I got it from because it was a dealer addon! I argued with the guy but he just wouldn't accept that its a special release of the car.

So today I took my car to the dealer that I got my car from hoping that they might have a clue....and again they don't. It took them 45 mins to find "A" part then he told me it was going to be over $1,500 dollars! I find that a little pricey for a single piece. You can get entire kit for not much more.

If anyone on here actually works for a dealership or in a parts department that can maybe confirm or maybe give me a part number I can give this guy that would be awesome.

Any other info is appreciated as well.

Thanks for reading my book.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn id give u my whole kit for 1500
Old 01-19-2009, 11:33 PM

Exactly. I mean seriously, Id be better off finding something really custom but I paid the extra for the kit. That's the only thing making me keep it.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

true isnt it like 2300 extra for the kit and the seats and all that ____ ? seems weird one piece would be 1500
Old 01-19-2009, 11:39 PM

Yeah, I think it was 2400 over base of 17.5k? In reality it's the chick that hit me that is paying. But I still am questioning the price because she wants to pay cash if she can. I'm being a nice guy but damn.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

The body kits on the RS models are extremely expensive.........she can pay cash if she wants but ltet her know she ran into a limited production run car with body parts not available but to 2500 cars for the year.

Honestly unless she slid on ice or snow there is no reason to ever rearend another car.Don't do her a favor by letting her pay cash......the only reason she wnats to pay cash is either she is not insured,has too many accidents and will get dropped from her insurance,or she is scamming you.

Contact your insurance provider and make good and damn sure you know where she lives and get her insurance info and a police report for your safty.......think you only have 72 hours from an accident in some states to report an accident.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:53 PM

I made sure to get all of her information she was really scarred when it happened. Good point on the limited number of replacement parts. I still think that 1500 for a back bumper lip piece is a bit much....
Old 01-20-2009, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well the kit for the RS 1.0 was $1700 my buddy busted his front end n they wanted $1600 just for the grill he just went n got one that was pretty close to it but theyre cheaper from the dealer then buying them out right maybe you should fine a wrecked one you may get lucky
Old 01-20-2009, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

if you buy something limited edition you should be prepared to pay extra for anything from it.

thats why its limited edition...
Old 01-20-2009, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
if you buy something limited edition you should be prepared to pay extra for anything from it.

Wow this dude is smarttt
Old 01-20-2009, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2azfeboost

Wow this dude is smarttt
haha. look whos back.
MR. I DRIVE A GTR AND SOLD MY TC BUT STILL COME ON SL AND BUY TC PARTS.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:44 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

*PREPARE THE LULZ CANNON*
Old 01-20-2009, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

This is probably premature, but ibtl.

To the OP, if your skirt is falling off and it isn't your fault, call toyota corp. and let them know whats going on and the difficulties you're having with your local dealerships.

That is something that should be covered, RS or not. If my regular FM had a bumper falling off i'd be getting it fixed for free, assuming I was still within the mileage for that. (which i'm not, lol)

As far as the back bumper being damaged, if it isn't fixable with buffing, call your insurance and have a claims adjuster come out and check out the damage.

If the bumper needs replaced, explain to him and either have him, or do it yourself, research the prices for your kit and such and tell him it's limited production.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey man I have a RS 3.0 and I rear ended a van after having it for 3 months. The lips on the RS cars are made when ordered a lot of the times. I had to wait for 3 week to get mine from kenstyle and as for the price. They run $1525 ea. and they do not come painted so add for paint. My front lip came out to be about $2,000 of my $9800 in damages. Ifshe wants to pay out of pocket then let her know that she will be out a lot because there are only 2300 or 2400 of your car around.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:17 AM
SL Member

wow... i love the RS's but didn't think you'd run into this kind of problem...
Old 01-20-2009, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2azfeboost

Wow this dude is smarttt
haha. look whos back.
MR. I DRIVE A GTR AND SOLD MY TC BUT STILL COME ON ScionLife AND BUY TC PARTS.

maybe he wants to put those tc parts on the gtr duhhhhh

Originally Posted by RCZDesigns
To the OP, if your skirt is falling off and it isn't your fault, call toyota corp. and let them know whats going on and the difficulties you're having with your local dealerships.

i found that funny for some reason
Old 01-20-2009, 11:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sort of in the same situation.My accident was two weeks ago.

I bought my tC's lip kit through my dealer during the sale. It's included with my finance contract.

The body asked me about it. "Is that body kit special?" I reply back "It's just the ground effects kit that Toyota offers." I should explained to them that I bought it during my sale. So they don't have choice but to order me new one. I fear they will only throw a new bumper.

Hell, since my foglights are loose. I think they are going to be forced to buy me new foglights! YES! No more failed sealant! The shop estimated my damage 2,400-ish. New bumper cover, new bumper, new headlight, refinish my driver's side door since it was pushed in with the fender, new driver's side fender. We haven't looked inside the engine bay yet....Hood is shifted and I still have to drive it. Goodbye rock chips! Hello no drilled front bumper!

I'm starting to think if you found the Toyota part # and took that to the dealer. Maybe you could order it that way?
Old 01-20-2009, 01:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I fell your pain, well, only some of it. This old lady does a hit and run on me pulling out of a parking spot. I was able to grab her plate number but i decided against a police report. dont really want a minor ding showing up on a carfax. She didnt break or dent anything, just scraped the paint in a few places on the plastic bumper. Our chapter prez owns a body shop so I am going to get it fixed there. All i need to do is buy the paint and of course, do all the labor.

good luck getting things to work out
Old 01-22-2009, 01:50 PM

Thanks for all the posts guys.

So, this is what I did.

I called Toyota up yesterday after not hearing back from the Dealership and told them about my issues with both the local dealership and the dealer I got my car from. They were actually really helpful. They called up the dealership gave them the information about the car parts and per my request made sure they had the correct info for the paint colors. Then I got a call from the manager of the local dealership service shop saying that he was sorry I had so much trouble and in the future as for him directly when I bring my car in for service.

Then I got another call from the dealership who has my car (the one I purchased from) saying that he should be able to buff and repaint my back bumper for around $300 dollars. He is also going to replace my sideskirt which should be in today and the entire thing should be ready on Friday.

Good to see that I got a rep that knew what they were doing. Worked out he actually owned an RS 4.0.

Thanks again for all the comments. All is ending well. Car is going to look like new and 0 carfax reports. Score.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

cool dude. glad things worked out. cant wait until i get my scrape fixed. i hate seeing my car like this.

Quick Reply: Helppp! TC RS 4.0 got rear ended