2005-2010 [ANT10]

HID in halogen housing FTL.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default HID in halogen housing FTL.

Thought I'd share this rant, because tonight was the first time I have ever encountered a vehicle driving with an HID kit in their stock headlights that weren't made for it.

I saw this insanely bright blue light coming towards me tonight from about 200 yards away and was blinded really bad by it. It was pure blue, so I am guessing it was an 8000K kit. Anyway, the guy turned behind me and I looked into my rear view mirror and saw nothing but a bright @ss blue light with horrible cut off. It was the worst thing I have ever seen.

Turns out it was a slammed GMC Sierra with big chrome wheels and loud @ss mexican music, because it sped up and passed me. I let the guy pass because I couldn't take the ____ing light shining through my rear window so damn bright.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that HID kits do blind other drivers and make you annoying as hell when you drive at night. I'm hoping an HID kit in the '08 projectors won't be as bad, but for those with the 05-07 headlights, please get a retrofit or something because you are not doing anyone a favor at all when you drive at night.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so uhm...your rear view mirror doesn't dim...?

actually, for me, that was the coolest part of having HID lights, nobody wanted to be infront of me, so they would let me pass. lol. but they are gone now.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

get some tints lol

20% at least
Old 12-11-2007, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber

actually, for me, that was the coolest part of having HID lights, nobody wanted to be infront of me, so they would let me pass.
So I guess you enjoy being an @sshat and blinding everybody, good for you. Way to contribute to society.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have 6000k HIDs and i aimed them lower than stock a bit. i haven't had anyone flash me or anything from the glare. maybe theirs were just aimed way to damn high. i've parked my car behind friends and they said the glare wasn't anymore than a OEM halogen bulb. maybe i was just lucky lol
Old 12-11-2007, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Haro287
Originally Posted by draxcaliber

actually, for me, that was the coolest part of having HID lights, nobody wanted to be infront of me, so they would let me pass.
So I guess you enjoy being an @sshat and blinding everybody, good for you. Way to contribute to society.
hey, they had the power to end it, all they had to do was get outta the left lane, slower moving vehicles to the right.

but seriously, mirror, it has a dimmer for just that purpose.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:38 AM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I never get flashed. Not even when I'm on these dark, country roads near my house with no street lights.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
Scikotics
SL Member

I have had my HIDS for a year now and no one has told me that i have blinded them, whether coming from behind or opposite direction....

i guess you enjoy being a dumba$$ and basing your opinions off some beaner in a Sierra... way to contribute to society
Old 12-11-2007, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i love my dimmer, and haro. its not that bad on cars as to the truck that was behind you. those are always killer lol.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe he doesn't have the auto dimming mirror. I have that and 5% tint in the back, even high beams don't affect me.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Default Re: HID in halogen housing FTL.

Originally Posted by Haro287
Thought I'd share this rant, because tonight was the first time I have ever encountered a vehicle driving with an HID kit in their stock headlights that weren't made for it.

I saw this insanely bright blue light coming towards me tonight from about 200 yards away and was blinded really bad by it. It was pure blue, so I am guessing it was an 8000K kit. Anyway, the guy turned behind me and I looked into my rear view mirror and saw nothing but a bright @ss blue light with horrible cut off. It was the worst thing I have ever seen.

Turns out it was a slammed GMC Sierra with big chrome wheels and loud @ss mexican music, because it sped up and passed me. I let the guy pass because I couldn't take the flippin' light shining through my rear window so damn bright.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that HID kits do blind other drivers and make you annoying as hell when you drive at night. I'm hoping an HID kit in the '08 projectors won't be as bad, but for those with the 05-07 headlights, please get a retrofit or something because you are not doing anyone a favor at all when you drive at night.
I've taken the time to highlight the one and only reason to why you were blinded. GM vehicles from the factory have horribly set cutoffs. That plus the vehicle being about 6(?) inches lower than stock, will easily result in your mirror being the victim of a direct path of light. Has nothing to do with HID in halogen housing. A halogen bulb would have caused the same amount of blindness to you. The title should read "GM headlights suck".
Old 12-11-2007, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i like my hids, nothing like blinding people to get out of your way
Old 12-11-2007, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I know what you mean. I live by a hospital and some lame **** was trying to turn into the hospital parking lot. As I approached the car, I noticed a blue light that didn't look natural coming out of his/her headlights. As we came to pass, the light got brighter and brighter. I had to squint so as not to be blinded by this moron. Once we passed I could make out the model of the car (barely because I was seeing spots); it was a tC!!! I was blinded by my own kind!

So PLEASE do a retrofit if you have an 'o5-'o7 tC. You could save a fellow tC'ers eyes!
Old 12-11-2007, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jiggaman

i guess you enjoy being a dumba$$ and basing your opinions off some beaner in a Sierra... way to contribute to society
BEANER?!?!?

F__K You Buddy
Old 12-11-2007, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

tha't because it was a truck, even without hid's trucks always blind me
Old 12-11-2007, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL this whole post was worth reading just to see you tell him F__K YOU BUDDY
Old 12-11-2007, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, i mean, what about those lifted trucks that have 100 watt h3 foglamp bulbs? those are rediculous.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:53 AM
SL Member

I really hate when a lifted truck gets behind me and all i see in the back is a bright light. Even with stock lighting, i still get blinded... i think thats more of a concern than HIDs in stock housing.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:06 AM
SL Member

^
yea, really ____es me off when them dam trucks get right up on my back on my drives from dallas/austin.

i hope a rock flicks up and cracks their windshield.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:19 AM
Banned
SL Member

it's all trucks. if they put HID's, they are gonna blind you. I just hate the dudes or chicks, that put the 10,000k into their headlights. those are the REAL blinding ones. And to the OP, I'm not mexican, but I am hispanic. And how can you tell it was loud "mexican" music? Couldn't just say Spanish music or anything like that huh?

Quick Reply: HID in halogen housing FTL.