2005-2010 [ANT10]

Horror story

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Horror story

I was driving around today and saw a riced out SW tc with stupid blue flame vinyls plastered all over the side. For about an hour after seeing it i seriously thought about if i really want a tc. I HATE RICERS, and i just hope to god that this car doesn't end up being the next civic, pretty much a total rice magnet. Exhausts are ok, body kits I can even handle, but VINYLS ARE THE MOST RETARTED THING I HAVE EVER SEEN. To anyone planning to buy a tc and rice it out, please do everyone here a favor and just go buy a civic or integra.

end of rant.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol look at the video of the scion owners on http://www.scion.com/showroom/tc/gallery/ if you get a chance, it gave me good laugh. Especially the loser with the canards on his bumper, and the white guy doing samurai yells

edit:nvm they've taken them down, lol i guess they realized it was dumb too.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no matter how much i like my tc, if it becomes the next ricer car, it's gone, i'd sell it. i agree, completely and whole-heartedly. people argue about what mod is "rice", but i know rice when i see it and i assume most people do. some are just more comfortable with rice. i loathe it.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

i wouldn't sell mines
Old 06-12-2005, 05:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

RICE or whatever, if it bother you so much then don't buy any low price vehicle with so much aftermarket support.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboMe
i wouldn't sell mines
(i probably wouldn't either....but i rue the day rice become equated with the tc)
Old 06-12-2005, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GODLESS
RICE or whatever, if it bother you so much then don't buy any low price vehicle with so much aftermarket support.
it is a great looking japanese car with a strong build quality. aftermarket support does not equal "rice", imo. there is aftermarket support for higher priced vehicles as well (see audi, bmw, etc.), however, rice is defined by the mods themselves. bigger brakes, rotors, turbos, cai, etc., are not rice, as they serve a purpose. rice doesn't. it is angled coffee can tail pipes, stickers, lights, wings, etc., that serve no purpose except to make the car look "cheap". this is just my opinion. i've seen riced out bmws, not just less expensive cars.

the point of the thread i assume, is some cars become the ricer choice (see acura integra, honda civic). i just agreed that i hope the tc isn't the next one.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

... .... .. .. ... ok, ... ..... ... Begin rant...common guys! through and through this is a quality car...where can you get a car that’s an 06 with power everything, that has the reliability and safety of a Toyota with a great warranty...for under 18,500???? this is by far one of the best cars out on the market right now... no matter what car the Auto God's create there’s always going to be someone who knows how to make it look just plain goofy....call it what you want, "rice" or Stupid or what ever...you must remember something at all times in your life....DUMB PEOPLE ARE EVERYWHERE, and well, if someone does something to their own car (that they ((or their mommies))paid for) and does it in a way that you don’t like and this little thing ruins the whole concept of a tc for you...then this car isn't for you... ... .... ...ok, .... ... end rant... :?
Old 06-12-2005, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've seen some morons rice out a lexus, and i dont think any of the over 50 crowd type that usually buy that type of car, associate themselves with ricers. i like when i pull next to a tc that some idiot has slapped stickers all over i laugh becasue i know whos car really looks better. im sure they are thinking the same thing... to each his own.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:53 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

shut up people. its not your damn car. you dont have to look at it. its all taste. i would probably consider the interior lights almost all of you bought for $300 to be rice. show me how that improves performance?

so seriously...shut up. you dont need to _____ and waste more space for real Scion related stuff about tCs. no more threads about this crap already

i just remember, opinions are like as*holes, everyones got one and they all stink
Old 06-12-2005, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^lol, I dont think I could have said it any better myself.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default x

xx
Old 06-12-2005, 06:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

There was a thread on here with a post that had the perfect definition of "rice" but I can't seem to find it.... does anyone else know what I'm talking about?
Old 06-12-2005, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Was it the Origin of Rice post that I started?
Old 06-12-2005, 11:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ricing on cars is inevitable......every car will always have that one person that thinks 60 inch aluminum wings and dragon side graphics are nice..... "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and these people think that these items will make their car "beautiful"
Old 06-12-2005, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

at the end of the day it's to each his own, but i just hope they gravitate towards other cars than the tc
Old 06-12-2005, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Seeing as how Toyota almost offer stock rice, our car will eventually be the next ricer. Its a good car, good stock engine. However its a wee on the heavy side.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Rice Rice Rice

Just because a few cars out of hundreds made are "riced out" doesn't make that the "ricer car" I work with a guy that has a "RICED OUT" Oldsmobile it is the most retarded looking thing i've seen but that doesn't mean every old fart out there is going to sell their Olds.

just my two cents
Old 07-10-2005, 06:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Couldn't agree more!
Old 07-10-2005, 06:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Couldn't agree more!

Quick Reply: Horror story