Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

How Do You Guys Negotiate Discount And/Or Free Accessories?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

x2
Old 07-05-2006, 04:46 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
Originally Posted by Wenwuhsing
If you are related to anyone that works for Toyota you can get a discount on the price of the car, but that's probably the best it's going to get as far as perks.
to clarify, even Scion employees don't get any discounts on the car.

I just wanted to be a little more clear on this because I've had people tell me that it's not true...

Toyota employees get the car for cheaper than the "pure price" quoted by any dealer. You have to sign the contract and go through with actually buying the car but after all that is squared away the Toyota employee picks up a paper from the plant they work at(and they can give this to any relative within reason, immediate family/spouse etc) gets it stamped by their work (I'm not sure WHO exactly does the stamping), and the dealer signs it, and within a few weeks (I got it in 4 weeks), you get a check from Toyota.

You get an amount off the price of the car and any option you purchase you get a specific amount off of each one, it's all set by Toyota.

I guess technically that's 'rebate'? Something like that..... but still, I just wanted to be more clear about what I was talking about.

sorry about being off topic now.............. me = bad
Old 07-05-2006, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good post
Old 07-05-2006, 09:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I got free mats-i guess i got lucky
Old 07-05-2006, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i didn't get free anything *pouts* i got 200 dollars trade in for my car which is propably more than it's worth though lmao
Old 07-05-2006, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

When I got my car, the dealership said they couldn't throw in anything because even accessories were part of Scion's Pure Pricing.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I waited until the last minute. I got a price, got a trade-in value, and got everything ready to go out the door. At this point, you're at the point in the sale where the dealer is desperate to get things closed; and at that point, I told him that I'd only do it if I got a free auto-dimming mirror. They bit, and I now have a mirror.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by eston
I waited until the last minute. I got a price, got a trade-in value, and got everything ready to go out the door. At this point, you're at the point in the sale where the dealer is desperate to get things closed; and at that point, I told him that I'd only do it if I got a free auto-dimming mirror. They bit, and I now have a mirror.
LOLOL!
Old 07-05-2006, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow lol u got some big cajones for that one
Old 07-05-2006, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was at Longo for about 8 hrs trying to get the car. Verone wasn't there that day and this other girl n guy helped me n they were not so friendly. They made us wait there for 2 hrs to sign our paper work, n when I complained n said they should give me some freebies they refused. They were lucky that I needed to get a car that day n they were the only one with a car available.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dealing with Scion sales people isn't exactly like dealing with other car dealers. Because of the pure pricing and things of that nature the Scion sales staff doesn't get paid comission like other car sales people, so trying to work on the price or ask for extras doesn't really get you anywhere.

That's the way it was explained to me by the guy I bought my car from and talked to a great deal.
man! did someone lie to you...
Old 07-05-2006, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My mom bought an xB and got the iPod stereo, security system, and center armrest for free. You just have to be pushy. If they REALLY want to make the sale, they'll do it. Plus it helps if you have good credit or a hefty downpayment as leverage in the deal. Remember it's your money and no one is forcing you to buy the car at the price they're asking.

The Pure Price seems to apply only to the price of the car as it sits on the lot since they wouldn't go down in price. The accessories added to the car after the fact isn't subject to the Pure Price system. At least at the dealership my mom went to.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha.. i got a free scion pen..

but i think its a great thing what they are doing with pure pricing, i mean you cant haggle the prices down, but honestly..

when the new Si's came out.. the demand for the were so high that some dealers marked them up to 28-30k.. ya for a civic.

and as we all know.. the tC's and scion's in general are a very high demand car and they rarely have htem on the lot, if we didnt have pure pricing your base tC would prolly run you in the 20's w/o taxes.. and even if you could bargain down.. you would only be able to get to MSRP... which is what you pay now, so quit your _____in
Old 07-05-2006, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they had civic si's stickered at 19k something near me... and i got a free keychain.. lol...

another free way is to steal them... but that would be illegal.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by chrischoi
Dealing with Scion sales people isn't exactly like dealing with other car dealers. Because of the pure pricing and things of that nature the Scion sales staff doesn't get paid comission like other car sales people, so trying to work on the price or ask for extras doesn't really get you anywhere.

That's the way it was explained to me by the guy I bought my car from and talked to a great deal.
man! did someone lie to you...
lies or not, I still got a check from Toyota so in hindsight I'm not to upset.

Scion salespeople work on comission as well? Could it be different for different dealerships? Just curious since apparently what I've been told isn't true............
Old 07-05-2006, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

The Family
SL Member

here is how i got my free mats, the car came from another dealership with the mats and when the dealer called me to tell me that it was in he asked me if i wanted the mats and i told him no, when i went to get the car the mats were still in there so i quickly signed the paperwork so they couldnt get them back
Old 07-05-2006, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by LiquidFX
so i quickly signed the paperwork so they couldnt get them back
Old 07-05-2006, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

Bottomline is - Scion is not SUPPOSE to give you free or discounted accessories. If you got something free/discounted, consider yourself lucky - your sales person could have been fired.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blackonblacktc
...which is what you pay now, so quit your _____in
That was great.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member

my friend works at the dealership and got me free floormats and the siruis radio installed free

Quick Reply: How Do You Guys Negotiate Discount And/Or Free Accessories?