Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]
View Poll Results: How many of us have Rattling or random noise in their tC?
Yes, I have a rattle.
51.76%
No, I drive a Rattle-Free tC!
48.24%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

How many of us have Rattling or random noise in their tC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default How many of us have Rattling or random noise in their tC?

Lets really see what the % of tC's with rattle problems is. Whether it be sunroof or otherwise, vote n post up. I'm sure we'd all like to know for real how widespread this problem is.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump so everyone can see this...
Old 10-12-2004, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

I think everyone saw it and didn't respond because of the vast number of other tc rattling topics.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by komik_tC
I think everyone saw it and didn't respond because of the vast number of other tc rattling topics.
Sarcasm? :?

I haven't seen a rattling topic in a while. Seen a lot of Nick posts about HIS rattling, though...maybe that makes it seems like a lot of topics...?
Old 10-13-2004, 03:03 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: How many of us have Rattling or random noise in their tC

Originally Posted by tC_Dragon

Lets really see what the % of tC's with rattle problems is. Whether it be sunroof or otherwise, vote n post up. I'm sure we'd all like to know for real how widespread this problem is.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: How many of us have Rattling or random noise in their tC

Old 10-13-2004, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mrtc
Originally Posted by komik_tC
Sarcasm? :?

I haven't seen a rattling topic in a while. Seen a lot of Nick posts about HIS rattling, though...maybe that makes it seems like a lot of topics...?
yeah, Nick@AGP seems to be the major poster about rattles and stuff.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow... looks like a significant number of our tc brothers are havin noise problems huh? Thats kind of dissappointing ot hear. Toyota is a company that in recent years has solidified its standing as a reliable, quality maker of automotive vehicles. With their new scion extension, i hope they don't drop the ball and release sub-par quality products.

Lets give this post another bump and let some other people vote onthe poll. So far it looks almost 50/50
Old 10-13-2004, 07:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow... looks like a significant number of our tc brothers are havin noise problems huh? Thats kind of dissappointing ot hear. Toyota is a company that in recent years has solidified its standing as a reliable, quality maker of automotive vehicles. With their new scion extension, i hope they don't drop the ball and release sub-par quality products.

Lets give this post another bump and let some other people vote onthe poll. So far it looks almost 50/50
25 people, with unknown problems. May be the cargo cover that 50 cents worth of foam and 30 seconds could fix, may be the key ring rattling against the key (the "problem" I heard, which of course is bonehead driver error for not taking the ring off). We don't know, so we can't make any assumptions about "quality."

Not many comments, which is fishy too - it could be one guy repeatedly deleting his voting cookie and re-voting. Maybe when you vote that you have a problem you should post what the problem is.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

indeed, and Toyota still comes up on top of every survey... can you imaging what kind of problems other cars have then? I have yet to sit in used car with softer plastic that does not rattle in some way, no matter if it is few years or few months old...
Old 10-13-2004, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I haven't had any rattles in my tC, but if rattles turn out to be the worst problem I ever have with the car, I'll be pretty damn pleased.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Been into the dealer 4 times now to try to fix all the rattles. Car still rattles.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mine has absolutely no rattles.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chris0
same here. although I'm coming from a 10 year old jeep with a rusted out muffler, so ANYTHING would be quieter...
Old 10-14-2004, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chris0
I'm in the same boat, i just hope it stays that way.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine rattle. My dash around the MP3 area makes an annoying "chirping" noise. Want to get it fixed by dealer but it cannot be consistently reproduced. Lately, my left door started to rattle as well. On some road conditions, there's some noise coming from behind. Hopefully, that's all the noises that I get. I am getting a "cheap" feeling of the car sometimes.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Harman
Mine rattle. My dash around the MP3 area makes an annoying "chirping" noise. Want to get it fixed by dealer but it cannot be consistently reproduced. Lately, my left door started to rattle as well. On some road conditions, there's some noise coming from behind. Hopefully, that's all the noises that I get. I am getting a "cheap" feeling of the car sometimes.
Because this is not a cheap car. Hehe, but seriously though, rattles can and should be fixed by dealers. The noise from behind *I bet* is from your hatch window. I noticed that If i bang on the window in the middle and on the bottom, I get the rattle. Maybe the seal is messed up or something? When i take my car in for oil change tomorrow this is one of the things i'll have them investigate it. Probably nothing they can do short of replacing the window, or removing the glass and resealing it.

My aluminum (plastic that is) peices of the dash seems to *crack* a little, but only after it's been sitting in the sun. This is due to the heat it's been exposed to. When things get hot - they expand.

Before people go around calling things cheap, think about the actual physics of something. Some times things happen naturally as a result of heat
Old 10-15-2004, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe only peple with rattles were attracted to the threads...We will know for sure when the JD power study is finished
Old 10-15-2004, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

to those of you who have the cracking and creaking (any other noises) coming from the center console.. dealer i went to took the console off and installed a "noise kit" basically foam tape around all the points where it clips into the dash.. no more noise.. and no more of that heat expansion creaking!! may want to ask for that, or try a dealer who does use that foam tape..
Old 10-15-2004, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Considering the streets I drive on in this city, I am very pleased to not have any rattles. Occasionally, when driving on very uneven surfaces (up steep driveways, etc.) I will here one quick creak from the roof. Nothing has bothered my enough to bring the car in.

Quick Reply: How many of us have Rattling or random noise in their tC?