Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]
View Poll Results: How many of us have Rattling or random noise in their tC?
Yes, I have a rattle.
51.76%
No, I drive a Rattle-Free tC!
48.24%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

How many of us have Rattling or random noise in their tC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
to those of you who have the cracking and creaking (any other noises) coming from the center console.. dealer i went to took the console off and installed a "noise kit" basically foam tape around all the points where it clips into the dash.. no more noise.. and no more of that heat expansion creaking!! may want to ask for that, or try a dealer who does use that foam tape..
Thanks! I opened up the center console yesterday evening and I grease all the moving part associated with the console door, including a metal clip on the left of the console frame. I drove it and seems like the "chirping" is gone. If it doesn't happen in a week, I'll know it's gone. I'm gonna open up my left door this weekend and see if I can fix it.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Harman
Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
to those of you who have the cracking and creaking (any other noises) coming from the center console.. dealer i went to took the console off and installed a "noise kit" basically foam tape around all the points where it clips into the dash.. no more noise.. and no more of that heat expansion creaking!! may want to ask for that, or try a dealer who does use that foam tape..
Thanks! I opened up the center console yesterday evening and I grease all the moving part associated with the console door, including a metal clip on the left of the console frame. I drove it and seems like the "chirping" is gone. If it doesn't happen in a week, I'll know it's gone. I'm gonna open up my left door this weekend and see if I can fix it.
The chirping is driving me crazy. I've already replaced the factory stereo, though, and had to make a custom face plate, etc. I figure the dealer is going to blame it on that. Nice to know someone else had the issue.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Re: How many of us have Rattling or random noise in their tC

Originally Posted by tC_Dragon
How many of us have Rattling or random noise in their tC?

Lets really see what the % of tC's with rattle problems is. Whether it be sunroof or otherwise, vote n post up. I'm sure we'd all like to know for real how widespread this problem is.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rattle free, scratch and dent free. No hissing noises, no ABS malfunctions and absolutely no spots on the roof. :D
Old 10-17-2004, 12:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ms Jackal
Rattle free, scratch and dent free. No hissing noises, no ABS malfunctions and absolutely no spots on the roof. :D
Lucky you!

The spots on the roof are actually embedded in the glass as an artifact of the UV treatment given to the glass. You'll see these on most new cars, so I'm not sweating that.

But man, these other things

Scion could have a really killer car for this market segment if they had a bit more QA before these things go out the door. Disappointing, really.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Ms Jackal
ditto to that :D
Old 10-17-2004, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

No rattles after a month and 2K miles, but I just know i'm jinxing myself by answering this poll...