Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

how much you paid for your tC?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member

Default how much you paid for your tC?

i currently own a 03 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V. After a year and half I am starting to dislike the color (sunburst yellow; way too much attention) and having tranny problems.

I just got back from local Toyota dealership and put down $500 deposit on a tC just in case I do like it in person and I'll have first hand on it. The guy kept telling me the tC is the hottest cake right now and they don't even stay in the lot at all. He said tC sells under a day or 2... I'm sorry that I have to admit I haven't done much research so far, but is it really the hottest thing right now? I also stated I want the SC or I don't want it, and was told it doesn't come in till January 2005. That's fine, as long as it's not factory installed and insurance don't have the VIN with SC...

While I was looking over the brochure and he took down my information and writes number on there. He didn't know I was peeking and I saw the final price of $18,735 and this is tC with just standard features. I've done little research and I know this is BS but I didn't say anything at that time. He also asked if I'm going to trade-in my Spec V or not and I told him no... I want to see how much the final price is w/o including the trade-in (of course I'm going to trade in my Spec V. I don't like how dealership can shuffle a lot of money around when you tell them you have trade-in).

I've done search on forum for "price" and "how much" but came up with nothing. So I'd like to ask tC owners how much you paid for your tC and what kinds of options it came with it. Sorry for the long post, thank you and have a nice day.

p.s. I had a 02 corolla before the Spec V. Corolla was more refined than my Spec V.... -_-
Old 11-20-2004, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member

www.edmunds.com
Old 11-20-2004, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member

not to be rude, but i knew THAT much. if it's true according to what the salesperson said it sells fast most of the time it's hard to haggle the dealership down the price because someone else might just be stupid enough to pay that much.

that's why I'm asking 'current' tC owners how much they paid and what options was included. thx.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it is pure pricing. you pay what is on www.scion.com

make sure that they don't have a document fee
Old 11-20-2004, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where are you from? At least in my area (los angeles) they are really hard to find. it takes about 3 months to order one. If you decide to order from that dealer, i would talk to them about the price because it looks like they are over charging you for the base price.
Scion has a no haggle policy so there is only one price for everyone. If you want, go to scion.com and build your tc there, print out the final price and give it to your salesperson.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member

Ok. Heres the deal.

You pay MSRP. No haggling. So go configure the car on the website and MSRP is the price.

Personally I sort of like haggling down prices but since the tC is new and flying off the lots as soon as they get in, its actually good they sell at MSRP now otherwise dealers would jack up the price. Maybe next year if the tC isn't in so demand, haggling would be good. But Scion seems to be going for a Saturn approach to the price.

$18700 sounds more like the Out the Door price on a stock Auto with no options, you know tax, title, license.

Edit: Wow 2 people responded as I was typing. Fast.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well then it really depends if you can wait or not. otherwise if you are looking for deals that fell through, since the car is selling so fast, the dealers will add a bunch of overpriced accessories on them. in other words, waiting/ordering one will save you lots of money
Old 11-20-2004, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i paid 17,100 dollars after delivery and taxes.
Old 11-21-2004, 12:20 AM
zac
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sticker on mine before upgradeswas
5-spd $16,515 +599. dealers fee + transfer, tag, tax
i think the autos were $17,000. ?
ill make you a copy of my original ____ and fax it to you if it will help

scion like everyone has said has "Pure pricing"
Scion pulled there franchise from one of the toyota dealers in florida already because they were changing the prices on the cars, to make money
Old 11-21-2004, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ikonXone
it is pure pricing. you pay what is on www.scion.com

make sure that they don't have a document fee
Or a CA admissions fee.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...&highlight=pay
Old 11-21-2004, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zac
sticker on mine before upgradeswas
5-spd $16,515 +599. dealers fee + transfer, tag, tax
i think the autos were $17,000. ?
ill make you a copy of my original ____ and fax it to you if it will help

scion like everyone has said has "Pure pricing"
Scion pulled there franchise from one of the toyota dealers in florida already because they were changing the prices on the cars, to make money
I paid 17,800 for my TC, with a rear lip, floor mats, trunk liner. Just the basics.

That was down from a Tustin dealership who told me I'd "Never Find A tC Under 21 Grand!," and whose salespeople bragged to me about selling the tC for more than $26,000, with 'tons of options.'

Don't let any dealership run you around. Go to Scion.Com, go to KellyBlueBook.Com, take those prices to the dealer and refuse to pay anything but.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Base tC pricing: http://www.scion.com/drive/pricing/d...c_pricing.html

Base MSRP* (includes standard features)
Manual $16,465
Automatic $17,265

I got my tC bone stock, purchased my 'add ons' through Mcgeorgesparts.com (very cheap) and put them on myself, except the suspension, which someone local (not the rip off dealer) do.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:10 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by hawkeye
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22797&highlight=pay
thx, this helps alot. i think i'll print out the sticker from scion.com and take it to dealership when the day the tC comes in. if they are going to have "Market Adjusted Value" on the sticker of the tC and they won't take that off I'm not going to take it... Since I swap car every 1-2 years think i'll just lease SRT-4.

thank you for all your helps, i really appreciate all your advices. hope soon I can be a tC owner!